Its legal to download Cartoon episodes right?

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dj^Swift said:
It's not illegal unless you delete it from 24 hours you download it from. It isn't illegal if it's not licensed. =/
You couldn't be more wrong.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I am becomming very confused with horde of double negatives...But yeah if it is a dbz episode you are trying to download, then yes it is illegal.

However, I dunno if this is right, if a certain episode has only been shown on TV and has not been released for purchase yet, I think it is legal to download them. Correct me if I am wrong.

Best answers
I don't think so... Usually they release it on video then it goes on the air. DBZ came out on video with the new episodes and then aired on tv. They usuallly do that. So no you can't download either way unless you buy it from the people who copyrighted it or if they say that it's ok to download and then only then can you do it. Because any copying is prohibited even downloading. It's like all this music downloading crap it goes the same for tv shows unless the person you downloaded it from is a company and the original people would have to make prophit they wont give them for free so no nothings free to download or anything as far as music and tv goes.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Blah, I hate repeating myself, I've said it before, I'll say it again.

A big document called the Berne Convention is basically an International Copyright Treaty that states that if any artistic/media/etc... anything is copyrighted in one country, then all members of the Berne Union will respect those copyrights and protect them under international copyright law. So even if something is copyrighted in Japan, but not Licensed in the USA, its copyrights still protect it, by the convention.

So all that, "it's not licensed here, it's not illegal", is crap. It's just not cost-effective for companies to pursue over-seas legal action on small-time subbing groups, which is why you never see anything done to them.

To quote the convention.
Article 9

(1) Authors of literary and artistic works protected by this Convention shall have the exclusive right of authorizing the reproduction of these works, in any manner or form.
It doesn't get much more straight forward than that. Anyone who disagrees, or tells you otherwise, is wrong.

Best answers
I believe at one point I heard that downloading in itself is not illegeal, but uploading is. Aside from Canada that is ^_^

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
saiyanslayer said:
I believe at one point I heard that downloading in itself is not illegeal, but uploading is. Aside from Canada that is ^_^

or you could read opti's post just above yours, and realise that your wrong =P

DMW

Best answers
Well thank you for helping me prove my friend Carlos wrong,he still downloads but at least i know im right.And if he ever gets cought im gonna ROFLMAO,i dont care if he goes to jail or get a fine,im gonna LMAO like i'v never LMAO before.

Best answers
So then why do video recorders exist. Everything shown on tv is copyrighted, so it's illegal to record it right?

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The_Real_Legend said:
So then why do video recorders exist. Everything shown on tv is copyrighted, so it's illegal to record it right?
No. If you record the show and sell the copy, that's illegal. As far as I know, you are allowed to record shows for personal use only (ie: for use in your own home).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Majin_You said:
No. If you record the show and sell the copy, that's illegal. As far as I know, you are allowed to record shows for personal use only (ie: for use in your own home).
And for the same reason, people have CD/DVD burners in their PC, but you are not allowed to copy movies/software and distribute and/or sell them, but you are allowed to make backups for personal use only.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom