Is DBZ the best anymore?

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sorry. DBZ:Kai is going to fail. Fan reaction has been overwhelming negative, almost any DBZ fansite dislikes it. Not because the filler is removed, but because the editing job is so sloppy you can actually see scenes cut from one to another. They didn't even do change to scene effects, and you can still see things left over from parts you didn't see previously, which now have no explanation. It's not that the idea is bad, it's just executed poorly. It's not remastered in any sense, as the quality is still the same as the old DVD's.

Asking a fan to buy these, is asking a fan to buy the same video and quality series they already own; but with 191 episodes gone. (Yes, they said the new one is going to be 100 episodes in length).

No fan will really wanna buy that unless they don't already own it. The new intro video is so deceptive. It looks AMAZING, but then the same old video and audio quality is shown five seconds later. You can still see tearing and blotches, and they cut more out of the scene due to aspect ratios than the OLD DVD!

No one is going to pay more for much less like that. Some of the filler Episodes weren't bad. Yes, 291 episodes is way to many. For DBZ though, 100 is not enough.

That'll probably maybe Frieza 35 Episodes, Cell Saga 35, and Buu 30.

I hear that you don't even see Snake way in this, or King Kais training! Goku just COMES back saying he completed it! I MEAN CMON!

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've been following it just for nostalgia and because it takes less time than going over the entire original series. But I still feel the crappy editing jobs and such anyway.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I hear that you don't even see Snake way in this, or King Kais training! Goku just COMES back saying he completed it! I MEAN CMON!
You see the snakeway, you see Goku hunting Bubbles and Gregory. YOu dont see princess Snake nor do you see Goku fall off the snake way.

You allso never see Gohan building a raft and going home only to decide not to when hes about 20 meters away from his house >.<

Honestly. Yes they did a crappy job of "remastering" it, but face it. Thisone has more action than the originall ever did.

So maybe we wont get to see the "Longest 5 minutes in history" be dragged out for 3 eps like it was in the original >.<

Comparing it to the original. Thisone aint THAT bad. I mean the originall was a bore at lots of times.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You allso never see Gohan building a raft and going home only to decide not to when hes about 20 meters away from his house >.<
That and no HFIL!!! I know that's wrong but I was looking forward to that one :(

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I liked the driving episode too. They've tried too hard to cut down the series.

It's probably more watchable than the original, I watched that all on TV. They showed 3 episodes a week so it took around 2 years for me to finish watching it.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Don't forget that many of us were watching the funimation dub as it aired on TV. There were multiple parts where they lept back to the beginning because it wasn't being dubbed fast enough. Imagine getting to the point right after Goku showed up on Namek and owned that big guy in the Ginyu Force. Then having to rewatch everything up until that point twice in a row :( It may have been more manageable without that stuff going on.

Best answers
DBZ would have been the best if it ended with the destruction of Namek. The way the story was drawn ou was pathetic at best >.<

Besides there are better animes out there that were made in the 90s
Agree. After the Frieza Saga we got the Androids... c'mon! And than every saiyan could go super saiyan. In my opinion it would've been better if Goku was the Legendary Super Saiyan and the only1 who could turn ssj.
DBZ was one of my favorites ( the 3rd after FMA and One Piece who ROCKS)

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The inspiration for that driving episode came from a manga cover, it was an almost acceptable filler episode, but I'm not a fan of pointless episodes for ****s and giggles. I for one think DB kai is the best thing that ever happened to the anime version, I read all of the db manga up to half way into the frieza saga before I even watched the anime, and when I did watch the anime, it was a huge disappointment because of how badly paced it was and there was so much filler I couldn't stand it.

Dragonball was better than z imo (the anime of dragonball is even more appalling I might add) but it was original and was really obscure and imaginative. I think Dragonball lost its originality after the frieza saga, it became so much about "I'm more powerful that you" it lost all of the fun streak it had in the past. I must say though I quite enjoyed the buu saga because of how ridiculous it became, it kinda reminded me of the old dragonball in that way.

Dbz was never really "the best", as with all things it's had its time and was good while it lasted. It should be looked upon as it is, not comparitively with new anime, because in 15 years time they'll be dated too, but it doesn't mean they are any worse in comparison, production methods might improve, but that doesn't detract from previous animes quality.

Best answers
I find that the later DBZ was too predictable and the bad guys only got stronger and not eviller/smarter.
you dont think they have gotten eviller going into the series?? have you ****ING seen BROLY? he dominates, toys, and ultimately ****s up everyone to retarded extents--which reminds me, the only reason goku was able to kill Broly both those times was because they had to have a happy ending. Realistically broly would destroy everything in existence - period. ++if broly was a good guy then every movie or episode onward would just be Broly turning every enemy into a retarded **** beaten bag.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Broly is awesome. This is hard to deny, but in the end, he is non-canon and couldn't exist in the actual series due to obvious complications with plot. :p

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you dont think they have gotten eviller going into the series?? have you ****ING seen BROLY? he dominates, toys, and ultimately ****s up everyone to retarded extents--which reminds me, the only reason goku was able to kill Broly both those times was because they had to have a happy ending. Realistically broly would destroy everything in existence - period. ++if broly was a good guy then every movie or episode onward would just be Broly turning every enemy into a retarded **** beaten bag.
I've seen Broly ^^. It was getting easier to beat him each time. Krillin would probably be able to beat him if he appeared again. The movies aren't canon, you can't be sure how tough everyone was at the end of DBZ.

Besides, Broly just wanted to blow everything up. Not exactly a complex villain.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Another thread turned to a discussion about Broly. I'm in though.

Broly's power is maximum. He's just an epic character, too bad he's non canon.

First time Broly was defeated when Goku, who had Vegeta's, Piccolo's, Gohan's and Trunks' power in him hit into Broly's weak spot - his stomach, where he had a dagger stabbed long time ago.

Second time he was defeated was when SSJ2 (though it might have been SSJ1) Gohan, SSJ Goku and SSJ Goten shot a Kamehameha (which was a triple one) wave into him.

Bio-Broly was a fail. I don't think that he had the same power as the real Broly.

And Krillin would have never defeated Broly. Nor even Frieza.

Last edited:
Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Another thread turned to a discussion about Broly. I'm in though.

Broly's power is maximum. He's just an epic character, too bad he's non canon.

First time Broly was defeated when Goku, who had Vegeta's, Piccolo's, Gohan's and Trunks' power in him hit into Broly's weak spot - his stomach, where he had a dagger stabbed long time ago.

Second time he was defeated was when SSJ2 (though it might have been SSJ1) Gohan, SSJ Goku and SSJ Goten shot a Kamehameha (which was a triple one) wave into him.

Bio-Broly was a fail. I don't think that he had the same power as the real Broly.

And Krillin would have never defeated Broly. Nor even Frieza.
DUDE how can something be a weak spot. He didnt even have a dman scar left on him >.<

And it was SSJ Gohan. Brolly never fought against a SSJ2. Hed probably be owned by one ^^

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
DUDE how can something be a weak spot. He didnt even have a dman scar left on him >.<

And it was SSJ Gohan. Brolly never fought against a SSJ2. Hed probably be owned by one ^^
It's just what I think about that weak spot.

And he fought SSJ2 Gohan in the 10th movie. I'm not sure if he still was SSJ2 while shooting the Kamehameha. Please don't be the one who only accepts SSJ2 if it has electric aura. The aura was forgotten or something. But I give 100% that Gohan was SSJ2.

SSJ2 Gohan's part:
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XiP6HnYD6w[/ame]

SSJ1 Gohan's part:
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zEBpdZruyA&feature=related[/ame]

Last edited:
The Brain Freezer
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Gohan had no sparks, so no ssj2 at all. Witch is quite strange, why would he not transform into ssj2?? Seriously, why would someone not be at his full power against the all mighty tank?

Answer: It's a movie!!

Best answers
It wasn't a ssj2 anyway and those movies were a filler. Even ssj2 teen Gohan could own Brolly.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
why would he not transform into ssj2?? Seriously, why would someone not be at his full power against the all mighty tank?
The same reason why he chose not the finish off Cell when he had the chance, the same reason why Vegito failed to kill Buu but could effortlessly, the same reason why Goku messed around with Cooler when he could have killed him effortlessly with SSJ, the same reason why Vegeta allowed Cell to transform, the same reason why Goku gave Frieza mercy when he could have finished him off, eh you get my drift.

But mostly, yeah, because it's a movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom