Is DBZ the best anymore?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yu Yu Hakusho is a DBZ ripoff itself.

And not only does it rip off the style. It allso rips off the story progression style.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Anyway who cares if Broly is weaker, equal or stronger than SSJ2. It's just a filler and doesn't make sense, as many of you say (and I agree with that)
I said that a few posts above and you disagreed and said I fail. :p

Anyways, I don't know who said it, but the DBZ manga is definitely called Dragonball Z.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yea dam i was talking about the original Manga. Not its ports.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Its funny how you post that dam, and yet it says "dragonball 17" on gokus back, because that's what the actual issue number is, its 17 out of 42.

In japan the manga was all called Dragonball, there wasnt a z in sight.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
How about we discuss how much better then DBZ and Bleach other animes are ^^

Back from the shadows
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
DBZ's rapid fighting style was closely followed by most animes I've seen up until now. DBZ takes the cake when it comes to hyper-violent animation, but in depth it has the LAMEST and probably the most lifeless environments, character progression and overall plot. It makes you feel like it's just the z fighters and thats it; creates a sort of a 'basic', claustrophobic effect.
I haven't seen Naruto or Bleach because I consider them to be mere evolutions of Dragonball, with maybe a few twists and innovations but nevertheless the same old garbage.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I said that a few posts above and you disagreed and said I fail. :p
No. The discussion was about if Gohan was SSJ2 (obviously yes). And about if Broly is stronger than SSJ2, noone could say if he is or not. That's why noone should care about that - you'll never get a correct answer.

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
DBZ's rapid fighting style was closely followed by most animes I've seen up until now. DBZ takes the cake when it comes to hyper-violent animation, but in depth it has the LAMEST and probably the most lifeless environments, character progression and overall plot. It makes you feel like it's just the z fighters and thats it; creates a sort of a 'basic', claustrophobic effect.
I haven't seen Naruto or Bleach because I consider them to be mere evolutions of Dragonball, with maybe a few twists and innovations but nevertheless the same old garbage.
I've read the first 80 or so chapters of Bleach and it doesn't seem too DBZ-ish. I'm assuming that it becomes more so later on.

One thing that caused DBZ to become really cheesy was that they became unrealistically powerful. The series became about power-increasing rather than character development. Rather than seeing how individual characters approach the problem, it's whoever can punch the bad guy's head in (usually Goku) who does it whilst the other characters wait at the sideline stating "This battle is really intense!" or have been killed off earlier. The dragonballs also became a novelty to bring back certain characters who were killed off to make sure they didn't need to be in the final fight.

I found Krillin, Yamcha, Tien and Chiaotzu really interesting as characters and how they would try to keep up and help the main characters. I understand that they had a natural disadvantage but to basically remove them from the series wasn't too great in my opinion. I found Vegeta really annoying for some reason.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've read the first 80 or so chapters of Bleach and it doesn't seem too DBZ-ish. I'm assuming that it becomes more so later on.
It gets to following the same formula after a while. You've got a team of fighters with a main protagonist. Eventually the main protagonist starts to overshadow everyone else greatly since he finds a way to get some "special training" which often means he'll be showing up late to save the day because of that training.

Granted, that's typical of pretty much any shounen anime/manga, but that's where people are seeing the parallels.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, with anime... it's either a 13-26 episode mini-series.

Or, an anime with 170 of it's 200 episodes being filler.

Nande?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom