Is DBZ the best anymore?

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I remember around 2004/5 I thought DBZ was the best anime out there. However, since then I've seen various other series such as Big O, Outlaw Star and FMA.

I've also found looking back, DB was better than DBZ (in my opinion :)). I find that the later DBZ was too predictable and the bad guys only got stronger and not eviller/smarter. Perhaps it went on too long. DBZ is still influential and the reason I'm here but it's not what it used to be.

Has anyone else found that their opinion in DBZ has changed?

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Lately, I find Naruto better but the fillers very sucky. I mean, come on.. 6 - 7 episodes of fillers? In any case, DBZ can be quite good actually, though their current attempts to improve it really fails. With the FAN based improvements and new episodes, I like some good fights.

Dudemeister
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You can only compare DBZ with anime in it's genre. (YuYu Hakusho, Bleach)
And by me it's a tie between the three. But if DBZ would be as nicely drawn and with the same quality effects as Bleach, then it would win by far.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
DBZ is still best to me. I saw FMA, Naruto (still watching Shippuuden) though. After seeing FMA I thought that there's nothing better. But now I still prefer DBZ. It's in my memory far more than any other anime. It's most unique.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
DBZ would have been the best if it ended with the destruction of Namek. The way the story was drawn ou was pathetic at best >.<

Besides there are better animes out there that were made in the 90s

The Brain Freezer
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
DBZ rulez, except cell saga, it was, as grega said, pathetic the way they made the story.

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'd be inclined to agree. They cut out most of the good characters after the Frieza Saga. I found the humans more interesting.

About comparing DBZ with other series, despite not being able to make a direct comparison I'm sure that the plotline isn't as clever as other series.

Perhaps it was the constant introduction of new villains? A fair few series only had one or two main antagonists. If there were more, they were often closely linked.

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've also found looking back, DB was better than DBZ (in my opinion :)). I find that the later DBZ was too predictable and the bad guys only got stronger and not eviller/smarter. Perhaps it went on too long. DBZ is still influential and the reason I'm here but it's not what it used to be.
There's my man. :)

As far as i know,DBZ had to end after Goku(also the legendary super saiyan) died in the destruction of Namek. But it got so popular that they continued it. Bad choice,in my opinion.:]

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
DBZ was the best, DB Kai is going to take its place eve if it is still considered DBZ, Its taking place of #1.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The series pretty much exploded in a fiery explosion of fire after Cell was destroyed. Cell > all. Cell was smarter than Frieza. Frieza was just strong, and evil. Cell had the intelligence of every Z fighter combined.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The series pretty much exploded in a fiery explosion of fire after Cell was destroyed. Cell > all. Cell was smarter than Frieza. Frieza was just strong, and evil. Cell had the intelligence of every Z fighter combined.
If I remember right, the recording of the Z Fighters stopped before they left for Namek right? Since they didnt understand Super Saiyan.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If I remember right, the recording of the Z Fighters stopped before they left for Namek right? Since they didnt understand Super Saiyan.
That's correct.

I don't see Dragon Ball Z the way I did when I first joined the forums.

These days, I pretty much dislike everything after the fight between Goku and Freeza (though with a few exceptions). From the focus of training shifting to "reaching the next level," to the dragon balls being reduced to a plot convenience whenever the main characters were faced with an undesirable situation.

Just to name a couple.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
DBZ is a major thing in my life... Even if its just some anime it is what broghtt me and my friends all together in 5th Grade.

Which is why im a bit excited at the fact DB Kai is out and real.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
DBZ is a major thing in my life... Even if its just some anime it is what broghtt me and my friends all together in 5th Grade.

Which is why im a bit excited at the fact DB Kai is out and real.
Is it that hard to digitally remaster something today? (no)

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
In all fairness, they're removing most of the junk/fillers/90-minute-speeches as well as remastering it.

Still not enough to get me interested though.

Best answers
hmm

DBZ... great anime.. but.. InuYasha it's the BEST!
;D

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
DBZ Kai is a joke. I watched the first two or so episodes and said "Done."

DBZ may have had alot of filler and useless things ,but that's what made it DBZ, damnit!

DBZ:Kai has an awesome looking intro and it got me excited, but then, pfft, just was the old series, but ALOT OF CONTENT GONE!

I mean cmon, who didn't enjoy Goku & Piccolo learning to drive? You're a horrible person if that DBZ universe logic defying episode(Piccolo needs food? I thought only water?:p)didn't get you laughing.

DBZ is old. Real old. Nothing is the best for ever. Though it is still superior to many newer animes, such as Naruto. Thing about DBZ is, it's unique. The way the series was done is unique. I just find it different than any anime I watch. That's what makes DBZ so great. There is nothing like it. Sure other animes have fight scenes, or transformations, beam attacks even, but they don't have the same vibe as DBZ.

DBZ will always have a special place in my anime heart, because it also introduced me to anime.

The Prodigy
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
The nonsense fillers and irrelevant talking to drag things on was one of DBZ's biggest faults.

I remember as a kid my dad would ship in every now and then episodes of DBZ on video cassette, there were about 10 episodes on each cassette. I recall being really annoyed when most of the episodes were just fillers or extremely long talking without any real plot progression. Then I would have to wait until the next shipment of episodes arrived. I feel even more sorry for the people who had to wait a week to see 1 episode. The only reason they had to drag it on with the talking and fillers was because the manga was still releasing while the episodes were airing.

I'm glad DB Kai fixed this though. It's more canon and true to the manga.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom