implenting beam attacks in SX

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
hello, after days of thinking and hours of trying and testing, I'm finally out of ideas and everything else. I'm creating a special attack using special xtension and some of amxx+other module include files, but I can't anyhow "RECREATE" an existing attack. In other words, I am trying to create already existing attack on lets say a button "E", i've tried every possible way I could think of and absolutely nothing worked! I'm guessing that the data I need to make a person charge and shoot a basic kamehame on button E is not available to public? If it is, then could anyone give me an example code of this? Things I've tried:

1. Restricting a person using the attack unless he is in special state (lack of data to return the special state and the exact special attack ID/name etc.)
2. Adding the attack to player's "inventory" after he is in special state.( Hud doesn't update anyhow or the attack just doesn't add,tried adding 3 different ways)
3. Using private data functions to put player in specific state.(lack of data and knowledge on how to show the beam up,the charging bar and everything else)
4. Getting players weapon data and adding only one weapon to player's "inventory". (lack of data getting weapon data and option two consequences)

Any help?

Project Manager
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
it would probably help people could see your work in progress code

Best answers
I asked werty to post this topic because I had some issues with my forum account. I've gotten over the implanting beam part, but, could you or someone else tell me if the charge bar when charging an attack is a sprite? I've found something similar, but i'm not sure.

ESF Old Timer
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
The charge bar is a sprite yes its 640mainbar but the mainbar is also used for HP and ki/powerlevel bar.
If you change the chargebar then you change the HP and Ki bar with it.

Best answers
I've made the charge bar myself, how could I attach it to player's screen so it would prevent its size going up and down as the player rotates..

Project Manager
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There used to be massages for each of the HUD bards that you can access via send message server wise, that way you can as well control ESF's chargebar

Best answers
Awesome, does this message type has an accessible explanation in include files so I wouldn't be just searching for a ghost?

Edit: Think I found it :)

Last edited:
Project Manager
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm fairly sure that there is no explanation to it,but I might just look for it in ESF's old source or ECX's source.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ESF Old Timer
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Why is ECX bad?
Its diffrent and its been a nice update on ESF.
ECX is kinda unique because this way people can make theyre first steps learning to program theyre own stuff.
Start with 1 character and then in time when they getting better they can evolve to higher production.
Maybe for you its bad but then write it as your own opinion and not declare it that it is.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Best answers
Darn, I'm really confused, using setClientANIMATION makes the animation loop from beginning to the end all the time, using entity_set_int and floats doesn't do anything and keeps printing frames going up to 255 which is not logical at all, can I make the person do the animation only once? I have no idea whats wrong.. was using the same code that I use for setting sprite frames and it doesn't work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom