how did you find ESF?

Best answers
Well im herd on Bid For Power, and then I go to dragonball site to download it, and then I saw there ESF and I was thinking I shuld try it..
So I was glad to try it.. it was beta 1.0 but i didnt play too much because of bad computer till I try 1.1 in the February 1st 2004

Thats It!

Best answers
Well i found it when i was looking at hl mods.... Then HOLY FU{K DBZ COUD IT BE THAT COOL CARTOON!!!!
So i dl it .... then found esf-world then esforces....
Then i became a spriter All thx for the german chanel on with i saw dbz for half a year...

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
GaZeeBo said:
i was looking for dbz mods (always wanted to play as a dbz guy hehe) and found esf.

Yeah,same for me.I looked at google and searched for dbz mods and found alpha 1 from esf :p and this was maybe 1/2 years ago :p(or 2 years?)

Best answers
i was searching on google esf.. not esf as esf but a different esf (not game)..
beta 1.0 than i got 1.1 in fileplanets newsleter.. before i formated thou..

Best answers
Oh man, back in the day when there were all the hate posts "dmz pwnz esf" oh yeah they were the days. Ummm i cant remember when/where i found out about esf. I do remember the generic hl grenade explosions for beam explosions lol. It's come a long way.... makes you wonder where esf will be in another 2 or 3 years.

Best answers
I was abit bord... so i lokked on PlanetHalf-Life for new mods.. found a link to a page called "hlmodcentral" i found a DBZ mod it was boring... did not know how to play.. theni found a pic of ESF it was from the alpha, i thinked that it looked cool.. they download link did not worked so i found ESF home page by useing google, and saw there was a newer version then the alpha it was 1.0 then i got that.... so i played since 1.0 never tryed the alpha versions :/

Best answers
I'm an ex-bidforpower forum moderator, its amazing what you find when weeding out inappropriate posts...I think it was something like "ESF is so much better than BFP, you suck, -insert naughty language and probably links to BFP leaks-"

Best answers
I found out about ESF when I went to an internet cafe and so a game o nthe desktop called Earth's Special Forces. I thought it would be like Counter-Strike. So I started the game and was shocked to see all the DBZ characters! So I went home and downloaded it immediately

Best answers
I was chatting on IRC about BFP than some guy said there's a better dbz game called ESF so that's how I founded about it

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Back when i was yay high and was a huge fan of DBZ, i wanted to play DBZ games. I had all the PS games, Final Bout, etc, all the SNES roms and so fourth and so on, and was dying to play some DBZ game i could face people over the internet with. I searched around, and found BFP. At the time, i didnt have any connection higher than 56k access, and got a friend to download it for me. After playing BFP for a while against bots, it got really boring. I looked around some more, and found ESF while it was just about to enter its 1.1 stage. A month later, i got adsl, and started playing ESF with 1.0, then 2 weeks later 1.1 was released ^_^...good times....

PS. CS Land, Anime XG is friggin sick man, keep up the pwnage website, really feeling the layout and everything, its an awesome website dude

Best answers
My friend from high school who watched DBZ with me told me about it, being a fan of the anime back then, I checked it out right after B1.0 came out. Played the game, then with the help of a little supamod name Maggie, started hanging out in the community...don't even play anymore.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I started playying it back in the days of alpha 1.9 at an internet cafe , it never really got my attention till the aplha 2 then when 1.0/1.1 Days , It was like a drug that inslaved me , so much that i bugged all my intenet m8s with cable to dl it for mr (since i had a cable plan that ended a few months before hand) , with the release of 1.2 , i was just stunned and therefore became the only game i could be bothered to play on my computer (and ofcourse , i was a big fan of db/z/gt) this was the 1st dbz mod i played & still the best dbz mod (look at what genre esf is in , wheres another game with so much freedom to do what you want ?)

Best answers
Well... I found ESF by going to google and typing in "DBZ Half-Life Mods"
Something like that or like "Half-Life Mods"
And there you go! I found my way here!

P.S. ESF is a cool game nice work guys :D

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I found it back in Alpha 1.9 haha, Was still fun back then too!
I found it installed on an internet cafe', and the Only computer that had it lol.

Best answers
Well. How I found ESF is a long story. Earm. In fakt it isn't so long.
A friend of my brother told my brother to play ESF 1.2. But he doesn't even
know DBZ. But he did he played and lost. I saw him playing and went crazy.
I'm a DBZ-Freak(<- I would say). That's how I found ESF.
:laff:

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Smith| said:
I was into bfp at the time because that was the only dbz mod I knew about. Well, I saw a link to a weird mod called Earth's Special Forces and never went back.
exacly the same here =P

Best answers
started playing halflife mod like TS because i was bored of counter-strike and i went to the steam third party games section and saw ESF and then i realized it was a DBZ mod (and i had watched DBZ at german televison..didnt get a **** what they were saying toh xD) and i started playing ESF LANvize with a friend and later went online :)

Best answers
omg your talking about the OLD days here ^_^ way befor ESF was even called ESF. it was the "power up" days ^_^ alryd been a fan and a faithful one for a long time :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I found esf through searching in google for a picture of Vegeta so there was an in game one picture and I was interested so that's how I got here.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I went here out of boredom because dmz was offline for a while. Guess I stuck around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom