how did you find ESF?

Best answers
I found ESF very easy...I was at a internet cafe and when I wanted 2 play sven-cop whit a friend an Icon poped in my face that wrote DBZ and I say 2 try it out...and since then I know it.....well...that was esf 1.1....and also got the alfa one :p

Best answers
I found ESF back in the days before ModDb. I was searching for HL mods, and came across some French mod site. I saw something like 'Le Dragonball Z' :)p) and clicked the link, stumbling into a brave new world on these forums. It was round about the time 1.9 was released, because I briefly played 1.8.

And that was like, 3 and a half years ago.

My God, I'm getting old. :p

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Scruffie said:
I found ESF back in the days before ModDb. I was searching for HL mods, and came across some French mod site. I saw something like 'Le Dragonball Z' :)p) and clicked the link, stumbling into a brave new world on these forums. It was round about the time 1.9 was released, because I briefly played 1.8.

And that was like, 3 and a half years ago.

My God, I'm getting old. :p
basicly the same story, joined the IRC channel + played the alpha about 4 months before the beta was released ( so scruffie is older then me )
and I joined the forums about 3 months before the first beta release I think

★ Black Lounger ★
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
I was on freedoms forums/ezboard days.. there i found a link to esf 1 time.. that was when a2.0 was released.. i started playing.. got the ssj scripts..played some more.. then 1.0 was released.. and a new world was born to esf

good game :D

Best answers
Prozac said:
basicly the same story, joined the IRC channel + played the alpha about 4 months before the beta was released ( so scruffie is older then me )
and I joined the forums about 3 months before the first beta release I think
Member number 41, :p. Although, you're a bigger part of the community than me, even from the beginning. I didn't really take part until about a year ago.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i saw it once on fileplanet i think while searching for Anime mods, and found ESF. Being an offline BFP player at the time, i wanted something new. I downloaded and played ESF 1.0 once, my first map being esf_afm and loved it so much i signed up to the forums, and got trained by some people, and never quit playing since O: This was my first ever online experience of any game, and i cant put it down :3

Best answers
I found it while looking at the "Most popular third party games" section of steam! I clicked on the like and have been hooked ever since! :)

EDIT: The mod was at 1.2 at the time...

Ice Cream God
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
All i remember was looking around on PHL for a dbz mod for hl. i found espacemod and after playing quite a few other mods i finally found this one. Joined the forums after they got redone and found IRC like a year later. Been doing it all regularly ever since :p

550 posts w00t \o/

CM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
One day, the idea of a DBZ mod just struck me. I searched a HL Mod Database and found DMZ. It looked awesome, but it rather sucked when I played it. In the links section of the site, I found RedSaiyan. In the links section of RedSaiyan, I found ESF and GHP.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I was in an Chat for Adults some Years ago. :p
And there was an Peep called Vegeta, so i asked if he knew any DBZ Roms, and he said NO. He is Playing BFP so i downloaded BFP and played that for some Time (1Year), Then i somehow fell over ESF 1.0 and i stayed there then ^-°'

★ Black Lounger ★
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
haha i had to reregister.. i was banned for a year in the alpha days.. but that was back then.. im better now :D

esf is cool :D

Best answers
In the schoolyear 2000-2001 a friend of mine told me about "counter-strike, but then dbz..." which was esf.
Played alpha first I think it was 1.9 but I'm not sure, then later on they where always talking about when the "beta" would come on the servers...
Quit the game and got bored, then I heard the beta was released.
I dont really know when I joined the forum,
but I do know that when I wanted to join I noticed I had already registered...

Best answers
I found it when i was looking for an update of Bid For Power. i was looking for the update so that you could control the beams that you shoot instead of just shooting straid ahead :p

Than i saw a page with some text and it had some screenshots of ESF in it.. those shots where of alpha 2.0 and i tought it sucked like hell :p and i didn`t looked at it anymore till a few months after that... there was an update again but this time with esf BETA 1.0 and that was my time to enter here. not much later i found redsaiyan and the rest is a known story

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've been here since mid 2001(Predate these forums by at very least a month or so.)

Validated Steam Engine
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Me and my brother found it on a DVD that came with a magazine, that was B1.0. Was addicted and played on LAN for..............ages.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
on my network somebody had it i i have taken when i first playi it was with goten and i was mad because mele was nasty and he used only kamehameha ONLY nice times :)

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i first started playying it at a net cafe , and after i started to become familar with the gameplay of the 1.0/1.1 series , i signed up for these forums (back in those days i was known as ssj perfect) then just signed up a new account , even thou i could of just pmed a admin to change my name , i was unsure who could do that around then because i wasn't around enough to see who was an admin back then , i had played aplha a couple of times before , but esf really didn't take my interest till 1.0 and then it consumed my soul , any1 thaty palyed against my in 1.0/1.1 series at a net cafe would end up rolled over , as i quickly got the hnag os speed and tactics

when 1.2 came out , i had to wait a little (i can't remeber) but when i got it , it was easy to learn the basic aspect of the new system , it only took me about 30 or so mins to figure it out , plus i had kept up to date with alot of 1.2 news , after then 1.2.2 patch came out , i had finally figured out the sacret ownage combos , but i found them to be nothing special to me usal random melee arrow moves i use to do (i use to esf everyday , i guess the 3 letters say it all) i just wish more people wouldn't take the mod for granted and go "this mod if f***ing stupid , it's dragonball z" and look at it for fun , i know about 7 other people that looked at it at first , got pwned and crap , but when i tought them how to play the game , they loved it , and finally now i have people that are worth playying around this net cafe other then n00bs that try it out and whinge piss and moan , when simply we just kick them from the server and tell them to go read the guide

let's hope esf sticks around for a while longer , after all , i would like to see more gamplay ideas be implemented , or ones that were reviewed ages ago make some sort of use in the game (balanced thou)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i was just looking on moddb for some interesting hl mods...

hehe overlord, you remind me of the guy from the WoW video XD

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you remind me of a girl that i once knew (you know the rest)

i was thinknig maybe tomake the game a little more attractive to averge cs pwners that a little more of the non dbz ideas could also help , personally , the team did a great job of implementing them nito gameplay on the non dbz side of things (take hmmm......... melee and some parts of wall jumping and beams) i dunno why , but some aspects from a realistic point of view make the game a little more unique

btw gir , do u mean the n00b wow video , i got that on a cd somewhere from some comp mag

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom