how did you find ESF?

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Daren Cox

Since none of you know who he is, since hes like the only ESF player where I live.
I got hooked 1.9 ish then it went to 2.0 where I stoped playing for a while.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i knew about dmz first then when looking onto they're forums i found out there was esf, this was in late alpha 2.0

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I was on school, talking to some guys on the introduciont week.

He asked me if i like DBZ, i said, yeah, ofcourse.

Then told me about that mod, so i bought Half-Life, and he put the mod on CD :D

It was 1.0

PRJ

Best answers
I searched for DBZ In google and then somehow i saw Dragon Ball Z Half Life mods o_O,and voila, www.esforces.com ^_^

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I was playing DMZ on some random server and a friend of one of the people in the server joins. They start talking, and one of them says something like "omfg ESF Beta 1.0 is coming out soon!" and they keep talking about it. I do a Google search afterwards, and here I am. =D

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I used to play DMZ 1.0 and a little 1.7. I played some of the alphas for ESF, but I thought DMZ was better at the time, even with the crashing every two and a half seconds. Then ESF Beta 1 was released, I got it at the release party and started a server. Soon, pcjoe came in and beat the **** out of me. After that, I thought ESF just *might* be better.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i heard from my bro, came to this website and check around, saw the alpha2.0, tested it and i found it fun, after a while beta 1.0 came out so i played that too and then registered on these forums, then 1.2 came out and i played it, then 1.2.1 came out and i didnt play it..., who to blame? *points at steam*

Retired
Best answers
can't really remember, somewhere on this site which had this huge mod list, and I saw it was a DBZ mod in the 'description' somewhere near 1.7 or so. so I checked it. and after that I stayed on the forums more than the actual game ;)

Best answers
A good friend told me like hey i got this sweet hl mod and u gotto check it out, and i still remember it was beta 1.0, he said i had to watch out spamming spirit bomb crashed the game, hahah i love this game, thx pcjoe and mastasurf....

Best answers
well i had the beta 1 of dragon mod z, becuase my cousin had backed it up in a disc that had a file i wanted. i installed it, wanted something better so looked for the update, couldn't dl because when i ran the exe it said there was an error or soemthing, i had that problem with all the mods. So i had my brother dl dmz 17 for me. weeks later i finished backing up (the 8 cds). i finally could dl and instal mods with no problem, i found the esf website. i had seen it before but i had the problem, tried it, liked it, i was happy although i found it a little complicated (the advanced melee) and like a month later here i am.

Best answers
Jeez, I'm new here but, hey, this looks like a decent place for a first post. I can't recall exactly where I got ESF in the first place, but it was years ago, as I recall it had (at that time) about 2 BGM tracks, 2 characters, 2 maps, 2 attacks..from what I remember being able to control the basic beams was a brand new feature, and they looked pretty uh..dodgey, would be the polite term.

I played it for about fifteen minutes..and to be honest, wasn't impressed (can you blame me though?). But then like, a year later, two of my friends (LAN heads) were heavily into it, all but comandeered my system and installed it, commanded me to play it with them, and yeah..stuck with it ever since.

So, long story short, in one way I first 'played' it a few years ago, in more depthed way I first actually -played- it about..two years ago or so.
(and I'm still not that crash-hot at it =x)

Best answers
i remember FBP and thought it was cool and this was before all the legal stuff happened.. been only playing cs.. went to a internet cafe, tried it out and about 4 months later, i gave ESF a dl and now i love it. I'm still deciding if ESF is my new obssession over CS.. haha

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Was there a topic like this a while back? Cause I could've sworn I replied to this...
Anyway...

I found out about ESF on my own when Dragon Mod Z and Dragon Ball Z Mod were still around... And everyone liked Swiss Cheese's little DBZ Map pack.... ahh those days... I never thought ESF would last... I thought DBZ Mod was going to be better cause ESF was fugly in Alpha stages :p... Anyway I like ESF now :p.

Best answers
Joined shortly after Beta 1.0 was released, didn't join the forum until after that Christmas, at least that's what I remember.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
I followed Joe and Darktooth here from Battles of the Millenium. I remember them mentioning another project they were working on, so I followed them here.

Best answers
My friend told me about Beta 1.0 and I ignored it. Then when I got more into DBZ I remembered ESF and found Beta 1.1

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think I actually DLEd esf before I found out about the actuall site. I found about ESF on file planet, I found ESF and I dled it. So that's how I ended up playing ESF. On the site, I really can't remember.

Best answers
I was searching mods for DBZ when i saw BFP. I was all pissed since i didnt have Quake 3 (Which i do now, BFP was a waste of time). And i found ESF.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
I bought a pack of Halflife and Quake 3 that came with BFP and Esf.And yes i said bought :S:S:S...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom