High Ki Usage when SSJ

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
In order to add a new element of skill and technique to SSJ, and prevent spammers... I think that each time you ascend your KI-drainage speed increases by some amount.

SSJ: 1.5 times as fast
SSJ2: 2 times as fast
SSJ3: 3 times as fast

etc...

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Everything will be balanced out in the end. Trust us.

🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
That would be stupid since in the anime, ki usage was less in ascended forms. The ki drained faster in ssj but after they managed to control it the ki usage of the form was almost none. And the game should be made noob friendly. Just cos some people played ESF 1.2.3 doesn't mean they are pros. I still play with bots on bad :-/

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
Best answers
i liked higher ki usage for ssj3 goku in ecx but ecx was so imba that nobody want's to play it. I have hope that something like this will be implemented to balance trasformations in 1.3.

🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
i liked higher ki usage for ssj3 goku in ecx but ecx was so imba that nobody want's to play it. I have hope that something like this will be implemented to balance trasformations in 1.3.
What makes you think they aren't balanced?

Best answers
In order to add a new element of skill and technique to SSJ, and prevent spammers... I think that each time you ascend your KI-drainage speed increases by some amount.

SSJ: 1.5 times as fast
SSJ2: 2 times as fast
SSJ3: 3 times as fast

etc...
I was thinking the same thing, Growler. Except instead of having Ki just drain regularly, I was thinking that Turbo/Charged Turbo could drain Ki faster instead. That way you could turn off Turbo to regenerate Ki while staying in that form... especially for SSJ3.

Permatrans can always keep their form. This method of KI management would help even out Temptrans by allowing them to recharge effectively in form.

It would also make it so the higher you Transformed, the less often you could use Turbo/Charged Turbo, thus balancing the Power Levels out while still allowing them to use that extra PL during moments when they need it.

Power Levels
SSJ1 with Charged Turbo = SSJ2 with Turbo = SSJ3 without Turbo

Kid Buu would have the lowest increase in Ki Drain for Charged Turbo.

They want to keep it simple though; the same kind of simple which failed to integrate Ki Attacks with Melee and Advanced Melee with Basic Melee correctly. The same kind of simple that "may"... "potentially"... lack enough depth and a decent learning curve, where it will 'simply' succeed where it should dominate. I'd just as soon be proven wrong.

The next set of integrated system flaws you can hopefully avoid are Stamina and Charged Turbo.

Don't fail to integrate Charged Turbo with Transformations.
EX: SSJ1 Charged Turbo should drain slightly faster than SSJ2 with Turbo. SSJ2 Charged Turbo should drain as fast as SSJ3 with Turbo.

Don't overlook Stamina with varying Swoop Speeds.
EX: USSJ will use Teleport more often to get around.

One way or another, the gameplay is constantly improving. I just think it should be taken to the next level much sooner instead of waiting for ESF: Final 2.

Just to make things clear, I don't underestimate what the team is capable of putting out there. I just think you're underestimating what these new mechanics can do for the gameplay.

Overall, let me beta test the damn game for you. /spontaneous-rant

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I actually like Disguise's idea.
OFFTOP EDIT: WTF IS WITH MEH SIG?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You need to use the [.IMG] tags on this forum.

Anyway, Ki drain should probably happen to balance it off, I am sure the ESF Team will think of something. Personally I would go for; the higher your PL is, the lower your energy drain is. Gives you a good reason to keep on fighting for more PL so you can maintain your SSJ longer. For example, a SSJ1 Goku with 5 million PL would have a KI drain of 500 ki's per second, while a SSJ1 Goku with 10 million PL would only have a KI drain of 400 ki's per second. That way you will get a bit of the DBZ Show feeling; the longer you train in a certain form, the more accustomed you get to the form and thus the longer you can maintain the form.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why are you such a ****?

I'm confused as to how you're not banned yet. Had to be said imo.
Not banned for what? For my doubts? You fail.

The team will try their best in balancing the game but IMO at the end, when some time has passed after 1.3's release, it will appear that some character haven't been balanced well. Nothing can be perfect.

Last edited:
ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

The team will try their best in balancing the game but IMO at the end, when some time has passed after 1.3's release, it will appear that some character haven't been balanced well. Nothing can be perfect.
But it can be very close to perfection. ;)

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I just hope SSJ3 has major ki drainage.

Best answers
i think is a great ideea......but in ssj3 the ki draine faster in the anime

🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
SSJ3 is kinda like Goku's kaioken since it gives you a big boost in speed and strength for a short period of time. And after his ki is drained his body is very week and exhausted. I rely think SSJ3 was a ugly and pointless form. SSJ2 was the coolest.

The Brain Freezer
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You are all forgeting about stamina. Until now it was all about KI, but wouldnt make much sense a ssj3 drain KI if he's not spending it in KI aura/attacks, so problably ssj3 will be a stamina drainer, wich makes much more sense.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers

For your trolling buddy.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
can the 2 of you take it somewhere else. Like an IM program, forum PMs or a private IRC channel >.<

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
But it can be very close to perfection. ;)
Yes. And I hope ESF will. Still I find it difficult to balance the game with so much different character abilities, etc. The team would/will need a lot of players at once to test the balance and stuff.
For your trolling buddy.
Feel free to PM me. And I'm no way a troll.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom