Help w/ ded. server not on STEAM master server list

Best answers
I can give people my ip to play in my server, but they cannot find it when searching for it on steams master server list. Any help here?

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What firewall do you use?

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't know much about that server. Opening ports on google didn't show much of anything.

The only revelent information that I got was for a DMZ host.

Comment from [email protected] on 01/13/03 :
It looks like nobody understood my question or may I say my questions because there are more than one.
I'm going to try to be more clear and would ask one question at a time.
Like I said before I have a sonicwall pro-vx and I would like to put the web server and the Ftp server in the DMZ (two servers running win2k).I have did this for one server and it works:
"DMZ in NAT Mode" is enabled, with the following settings:
DMZ Private Address: 192.168.22.1
DMZ Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
DMZNAT Many to One Public Address (Optional): 209.9.9.140

you have a webserver with these settings: IP address 192.168.22.2 / 255.255.255.0 ; default gateway = 192.168.22.1 ; go to the Access - Rules screen and write this rule:

Allow web (HTTP)
source: WAN *
destination: DMZ 192.168.22.2
http://techrepublic.com.com/5208-6239-0.html?forumID=43&threadID=115885
(get more info from this site, I didn't want to read indepth)

This is a DMZ, it opens the whole range. You might want to close it right after your done. Then do as many scans on your system as you can.

I don't reccommend this, but it is the only info I could get that made any sence.

Best answers
Wez2am I have a few questions

1. Are you using Linux or Windows? (If your using Linux you need to create an IP address)

2. Did you make sure that the filters included server with no one playing?

3. Are you sure your using a dedicated server?

Don't forget:
The IP adress that appears in your console is not the master server IP address. In other words that IP address is unique only to you, its what you can consider your personal IP address that no body else can use, only you. A public or master server IP address can only be found by searching it in the master server list

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
THe problem is the firewall.
Im shure he did sv_lan 0

Best answers
THe problem is the firewall.
Im shure he did sv_lan 0

Then just reroute the client. There should be millions of tutorials on how to do that on google.com. It's not that hard.

Best answers
k I have the same prob as him i seem to make the server and if i ad the ip address to favorites it shows up but i have a built in fire-wall i think wat do i do. Pleaz help!!!! :warning: :warning: :devgrin: :warning: :warning: :cry: :warning: :warning:

O yeah THis guy also told me to write sv_LAN 0 IN CONSOLE YO MAKE IT SHOW BUT IT DIDNT WAT GIVES

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
First off, the IP that only you can see is your network IP address. 192.168.1.x or whatever.

Secondly, you open ports, you must first open your router.

In your internet browser, type the first three number sequences in your IP and then instead of what's at the end, put a 1.

Example, instead of 192.168.1.68,
Put 192.168.1.1

This should open your router. You will then get a dialog box, with a username and password.

Leave the username blank, and type "admin" as the password. Now open your advanced options.

Click "Port Forwarding" or something similar.

Forward ports:

They must be TCP and UDP enabled. After doing this, your server should appear on the master server listing and players should be able to join.

*Bows*

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom