Halorin's updated melee concept.

Best answers
Thanks Frank. I've never played DBZ Legends, despite everyone's recommendations. Is it a playstation game or something? Or a SNES game.

Best answers
I hate this idea for one reason; it still sounds like the current melee, just with new options.

I love in the current melee with the "bull****-tastic" can't target them glitch, not to mention if your attacked from behind, once you get up, if you block, you lose, and if you try to attack, you lose.

Just stick with the one that Joe has planned for 1.2, then throw it away from something news later.

And no, I am not trying to say that you made a horrible idea, its just it doesn't seem it would be much different to me.

Best answers
Even with what the team had put on the main webpage sounds a lot like melee as it is now, don't you think Culex? I mean, you swoop at someone and hit them. The only thing that's different really is the method of hitting. My melee concept has exactly what the team has on the main page, only with modifications to make things flow quicker. Blocking actually would shift the burden of movement onto the attacker, as if you were blocking auto-punches, I'd have to teleport away or be stunned for a moment and you'd hit me or if I knockbacked you and you blocked, you'd be able to swoop right back at me and get an attack before I could really do anything other than teleport away or block myself. I don't know what you're talking about with the can't target them problem. I know it's harder to target people in Steam and some admin mod servers, but I don't even think targetting will be in 1.2, from what I undersetand. Some of the team member have actually told me that they like my melee concept enough that they might use some portions of it, probably concerning the combo system since I was told they planned on moving the combo command input to be during the auto punches like my concept said. Also, PcJoe has posted in this thread, saying how he likes my idea, so saying things like "Just stick with the one that Joe has planned for 1.2, then throw it away from something news later" is basically going off of old information. I don't know.

Best answers
Oh Halorin, I thinkk that if you can still Knockback ppl, then they should keep the targeting, but in a different butto, but just so you know where the guy that you kicked is. *with little arrows to tell you where he is if he goes out of your screen a la Freespace) I still think this concept rocks.

Best answers
Well, I'd like to be able to have the red box on whoever I was focusing on, but I believe that you'll be able to hit anyone regardless. At least I hope that's how it would be. The box would be just for show. I know the way I play, the red box is what I go for moreso than the actual player model, heh.

Best answers
I won't miss targeting at all as far as telling where someone is, already have the red triangle above everyones head, and the radar on top of that. seems a bit redundant.

*Off Topic* Yeah Legends is for PSX, as far as I know it never made it out of Japan, could be wrong *I have an import and I have never seen an english screenshot online* but it is way more DBZ than any of the other DBZ games, because of the fighting system it uses.

Best answers
love the combo stuff. Hopefully ESF will add that in.

Charged swooping should be done by 1 mouse button, not 2. Holding mouse1 down for a few seconds rather then the mouse2 everything else = GOOD!

Best answers
No, its just, the "Click click click, can't block if you dont see " makes me wander off. Yes, I notice if you get hit from behind with the new melee I am guess they get free hits, but with this, it just makes me think it would FEEL like it.

I mean, Head Ons? This means that its basically the old melee, with "head ons", by what your saying. Not to mention people will just run away with the swoop system.

I really don't like how you describe the combo system either, it remind me of how "ghey" the current one is, with combos that is. Its agrivating to go up someone at least 50 times better than you, and be able to combo you like mad.

So, I guess I just hate your melee because of they way it sounds.

Best answers
Pcjoe said:
This is my 4-5th time reading it. Read it several times when he sent it to me over aim, and I just read it again in this post.
that really makes me feel lazy :(

Best answers
Culex, if you read my combo proposal in detail, you'd see that an attacker would only get a maximum of either 6 light hits, 3 heavy hits, or some variation of the two. Throws and teleports are also options that would break the combo. Maybe my melee concept seems like the old melee system because that's how it was intended to be.

I would like for you to try to come up with something better if you dislike the combo idea so much. I was simply modifying what the team proposed, because I didn't like how they executed. I did something other than call it "ghey." If you're so adamant about it, then please come up with something better, or give better reasons than the ones you're giving. The combo system as proposed opens a new facet of skill in diversifying your attacks enough to not have them block, and the skill to be able to block diversified attacks. Given the limits of the Half-Life engine and the timeframe that the team may want to get 1.2 done, and the amount of code that's already been put into the combo system, to say something like it's "ghey" and something else should be used altogether is a little out of the question. The directional system has the most merit out of any idea for combos I've heard of. It keeps the players involved. If you don't like it that much, when it comes out, just use auto-punches.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well, if your idea flops (i doubt it)
we can always keep the 1.1 system, but with 1.2 to replace headons. *originaly suggested by nightshade*

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ok, I'm really tired and haven't read anything but hal's first post. Just wanted to say that the head on answer works. Make it like when neo and agent smith hit each other in the revolution preview. They both go flying back and take damage according to their pl, the higher their pl the farther back they go flying. This could make for a new pretty sprite too :).

Best answers
I'm sure PcJoe is poised and ready to add in as much eye-candy as the average computer can possibly stand. I believe so, anyway. My concept didn't say much about flashes and the pretty lights, but I was hoping they'd be there, PARTICULARLY during melee struggles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom