Goku and his son (Buu saga)

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
no you wont be warned zeldalink, at least not officially. everyone in this thread is being a bit of a jerk atm, and i honestly dont feel like writing up 10+ warnings right now.

HOWEVER

this goes to ALL of you, INCLUDING gir and gokussj. just because your a former moderator or the actual author of the thread you do not have a license to spam.

The original topic was about the goku and the gohan models and now its more of a "take a free shot at gokussj" thread. whether or not he deserves it is irrelevant, it IS spam. and will be treated as so in all future posts.

and on a side note,

gokussj, listen to what these people are saying. beneath the subtle flames and flat out direct insults there IS constructive criticism, both for the model and for your workflow.

Its up to you to decide to listen to it or not. you can guess which one i vote for >_>

Best answers
I fully agree with Nuttzy.

Can you post wires of the models please? Would help alot when criticising ;p.
As for the skin, Well , how to put it.... I think you should either skin it colorful and semi-realistic, like the ESF skins, or you should go fully celshade , like zeq2 skins.

But if you really want to have a mixed style, I suggest you make the cloth indentical to the flesh, only different color of course.

Keep it up!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Goku[SSJ] said:
Any beginner can become an advance in a couple of days if he puts love in what he’s doing and if he’s a fast learner.
Am I the only one who caught this?

Goku, I like your models, you improve alot every time. I also really like your maps. So don't think i'm here to take a shot at you, I really respect your commitment and talent and think you could become really great if you keep at it.

But the mistake I see here is what you seem to think of modelling. Honestly, there are maybe three or four people on this board who are "advanced" modellers and skinners. (And just for reference, Kreshi isn't one of them, though he's still good, just using you as a reference Kresh, don't take it offensively)

Everyone else is still a beginner by today's standards. Even our forums most popular could only be called moderate in the best of times. Hell even my skins are only beginner in almost all circles.

Just for reference, you are beginner, This is Advanced.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ME totally agree with kama... but nway bobo the seal is much better then this ninja he done along while ago :O

beh but i hope you (gokussj) will lisn to kama and to nuttzeh :-\ its really needfull for yo.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Tryforce said:
bobo the seal is much better then this ninja he done along while ago :O
Yeah, but I didn't wanna post that stuff, that's the elite level. Even the advanced fella's would gratefully give BoBo fellatio should he ask he's so talented. :)

Best answers
Bobo pwns so hard ;_;. So does poop. Hell if you want to take a look at some great models and textures, head over to polycount, then you will see how 'average' our boards are.

Best answers
LaHeen said:
Bobo pwns so hard ;_;. So does poop. Hell if you want to take a look at some great models and textures, head over to polycount, then you will see how 'average' our boards are.
But polycount comunity is created for people to seek help and to advance fastest way possible :), and on polycount, most posters are 16+ years old.
This is a halflife mod comunity , based on an very old anime ;p.
Many , many here are alot younger then the ones at polycount.

And as Kama said, it's pretty much true. But dosen't matter where the place is, as long as porper and constructive criticism is fed, people will improve if they have the will to do so. Btw, I don't think we should use ths topic to discuss who is more skilled and who is not :p.

I already gave my crits Goku, read them if you haven't ^_^.

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
All I have to say is that you should give him a break.... He only started modelling a little bit ago, and you judge him like a pro. Anyone here heard of sarcasm? I'm sure you havent because you take everything so seriously. Most people that crit the most, usually are either very good at something, or very jealous of someone else. Like growler, you have no place to stand. I've seen your posts from WAY BACK WHEN and I havent seen you get much better. At least he's made progress, and didnt even start not to long ago. You guys need to learn to say that a nice model, but crit. Don't just bash someone... I'm sure you dont want to get bashed about something you actually spent time on... You can by far tell that that does not use pictures from the show... Usually they cut very wrong and have pixels in them at weird places. Some of you need to grow up over here and learn to appreciate. I'm seen almost the most bashes from this forum than many others... Thats all I have so say.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
swobj said:
All I have to say is that you should give him a break.... He only started modelling a little bit ago, and you judge him like a pro. Anyone here heard of sarcasm? I'm sure you havent because you take everything so seriously. Most people that crit the most, usually are either very good at something, or very jealous of someone else. Like growler, you have no place to stand. I've seen your posts from WAY BACK WHEN and I havent seen you get much better. At least he's made progress, and didnt even start not to long ago. You guys need to learn to say that a nice model, but crit. Don't just bash someone... I'm sure you dont want to get bashed about something you actually spent time on... You can by far tell that that does not use pictures from the show... Usually they cut very wrong and have pixels in them at weird places. Some of you need to grow up over here and learn to appreciate. I'm seen almost the most bashes from this forum than many others... Thats all I have so say.

Hate to say it, but most of the responses in this thread were fueled by his attitude in his previous thread about his gohan model.

I really hope u listen to Broli, Godhand and Kama. It'd also be good to see the wires, models can look bad in renders (due to lighting and such)but good in wires/flats (i hated my goku smooth renders but the wires and flats looked much better), it also lets other crit it much better.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Growler said:
Dude, firstly, your models are terrible
If you're going to go that way, you're quite terrible at modeling too.

I like the models, they're pretty good, but don't use the original anime skins, they look quite horrible :p

Best answers
swobj said:
All I have to say is that you should give him a break.... He only started modelling a little bit ago, and you judge him like a pro
alls im sayin is, if he wants to act like a pro he should be treated as such, also this does offend me, seeing as im still a noob modeler myself, and im tryin hard to improve(not atm cuz im on a break)

godhand: poly count eh? sounds interesting, tho i choose to stay loyal to esf seein as it (and gir's tut) is wut got me into modelin in the first place

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ok, first of all, your models are really messy, polyflow doesnt even come close to clean, proportions are not that great...can use alot of work...
skinning...should i say skinning?..
im not sure what to say but it doesnt look quite right.

Before saying modeling/skinning is easy, try to get good polyflow (im asking for good, not great), decent proportions...and a skin, yup, a photoshop made skin, from your own skills.
Then when you get those done, come back here and say it's too easy for you...ill buy it...

Best answers
HOLY **** ITS SUPER VEGITO! :shocked: (sorry ima fan) ne i realized that i havent actually crited on the models yet, ya i say jus fix the hair and do some spring cleaning up on it, when i say it i mean both

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I might be a bit late to say this but.. Bobo :yes:
anyways.. the thing u said at the end of your first post:
Modelling is way too easy
is like a kick in the nuts for most modellers here. For me its not really.. i already gave you my critz.. Try rendering withouth any lights and flatshaded so we can see your polyflow. And fix that chest XD

Best answers
Saying that "modeling is easy" when your work is clearly not very good. It's you just have to fix a few things. But its like saying spriting is easy when your sprites look like this.
And if you think modeling is too easy for you i dont believe that you think skinning is too easy do you?

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Im trying to learn how to model, but I still sucks, ALOT, and your modeling is way better than mine.
The only thing I want to crit is the chest. It just looks way to out of proportion.

Best answers
Jeezus, you guys are being awfully critical.

Alright, so he was a little egotistical, flaming him is NOT going to make him stop the attitude, now you've just made him mad. Good job on stooping to his level, give yourselves a cookie.

Now, for crits, if you can work out those shadow details, re-do the chests (Goku's did look strange, but I suppose it's possible you've fixed it/Gohan's looks quite a bit too bulky.) and fix Goku's nose (I couldn't skin if my life depended on it, but I'm sure someone here can provide nice, Constructive criticism without yelling at you or acting like a 10 year old.)

Now if everyone would stop flaming the poor guy, the models are NOT bad, they have 3-4 major flaws but they are fixable. Plus the texture job is very good, if a little mis-matched.

Edit: I suppose that the mouths might need a bit of work to, still, the bodies look good, if you could get the texture's/lighting/size of those chests right.

Best answers
Tartilus said:
Jeezus, you guys are being awfully critical.

Alright, so he was a little egotistical, flaming him is NOT going to make him stop the attitude, now you've just made him mad. Good job on stooping to his level, give yourselves a cookie.
hey it worked (is working) for me, anyway i say the biggest poblem for goku is the hair also redo the faces and the skins

G-Bear
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
The hair is the wrong shape/wrong modeled, biceps are too small(should be more streched), wrists are too thick, his under arms has the wrong shape/too fat/too musclular and the neck is wrong.(I need to make a drawover too point it out, just 1 hint neck muscles)

So how can modeling be so simple, you should have spotted some problems.

I've seen ALOT of DBZ models, I mean ALOT, since the DBQ times/HL: Final Power(First one), but your models are just so-so in comparsion with most mods.(And the facts they are had/have a lower PC to work with)

I'm lucky enough to sometimes to crit some DBZ models from a certain mod and those models, even wip are higher quality then what you just modeled.

I suggest a less arrogant attitude, it would do you alot of good <3.

Best answers
damn.. reading the first post kinda got me heated up :devgrin: , but since allready people allready told the truth about your models and skins i'll take it easy on you.

saying that someone can be a good modeler in a matter of day's is about one of the most stupi things you can say.
it seems you dont have a single clue on what it means to be a good modeler, you have to keep things like polyflow ( your models dont even show a single trace of polyflow ), and keep in mind that they have to be able to deform well because of the sort of movement they will perform, i HIGHLY doubt that this model will even survive it when you pull the arms down :p

i have to admit that i liked the maps you made for DBZ-hood but the respect i had for you for that has completely vanished because of your ****ed up attitude.

I hope you realise it's an insult to the experienced modelers here that you think you're good at modeling.

PS:, make ur reply's less stupid my stomach was starting to hurt from laughing >_<

PS nr. 2: YOUR SKINS ARE A JOKE !

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom