Goku and his son (Buu saga)

Best answers
I did Goku just for fun, from my old Gohan model. The head and hair are made from scratch.
Here it is how it turned:

Mystic Gohan

and something special

Goku polycount 1960
Gohan polycount 2136

Modeling is way to easy... I'm going back to mapping...
bye

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
"Modeling is wayy too easy, I am going back to mapping" - GokuSSJ

Oh man, sorry... Can I put that quote as my sig? PLEASE!?

Dude, firstly, your models are terrible and full of wierd shadows. Second of all, Idk how many times people (besides me) have to tell you this to get you to understand... DON'T APPLY CLIPS OF THE SHOW TO YOUR MODELS AS SKINS! IT MAKES THEM LOOK RETARDED! (Unless you're like supar good at it, and can actually make it work somehow, then by all means... but, thats not you)
Good job on giving Goku and Gohan a nutsack between their eyes, looks sexy...
Goku's face is f-ed up and looks like it was literally painted on... and it also looks crooked. The Folds suck... Please dude, don't talk like you have mastered modeling... haha, please.

Anyway, Criting is wayy too fun, I am going back to hibernation...
Bye

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
your models are not that great. they are good though, but like growler said its full of weird shadows and the skin looks a bit bad.. check out the last pic.. there u see how f-ed up the faces look.. same goes for chest

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Goku[SSJ] said:
Modeling is way to easy... I'm going back to mapping...
bye
cool, you wont be missed with those attitude and skills as a combination.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kids these days are spoiled with so many polies to use in their new dangfangled game engines. :p They don't know how to use 'em all!

Really, listen to the crits of the people here, these guys have probably been at it longer than you have, from the looks of it. Your models look really messy.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you know what i find funny? ur goku poly count is less than your gohan... o_O when i did mine (even though i removed the blue gi, reconstructed the pecks and added a belt) gohan was a hell of a lot less polies, i mean just compare the hair.... really >_>.

Wanna post any wires?

and erm, sorry to say, but your attitude to modeling is rather "un-educated" nobody can perfect modeling, as with any art form (i consider 3d modeling an art) but there are certain rules of thumb which should always be used. Looks like you havent a clue about any of them, hope you like livin in those dark ages :]

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
:O leave us np, nwayz u think you got modeling allready in your hands? Only cuz you done several not at all good lookin models you think you r good at modeling?

Buddy thats a big disrespection infront of all Modlers here and even on other community sites... you dont even know what a modler should supposed to do i gues -.-"

Nway please dont share the wires with me.. i dun wanan see soe messed up lines going left side ups and downs.

Also the skin is veeeeeeery bad... looks like you only done a skin 15% by urself... added some more hihglights/dodges burn or even colors dont tell me either.. and then some ugly black lines and white sperm in hair ... the BIIIG Black line in the middle of gohan trousers make me see how easy everything for yo is. <_< hope ya get what i mean.

Sry for sounding very freakin awesome ubber leet harsh... but you piss me off by the way ur talking that modeling is pimpn easy.

Best answers
Nice place for crits
May I join too
Growler said:
Be happy that I don’t want to ruin your modeler pride.
But be happy that I’m trying to encourage you the way I can even if you are my enemy. Any beginner can become an advance in a couple of days if he puts love in what he’s doing and if he’s a fast learner. If you don’t put love and make things as quickly as possible you will be the same. Keep in mind that and if that signature makes you happy then it makes me happy as well.

But see that coz of you nervous feelings you spelled my nickname wrong

2. I didn’t ripped from the show no skin or whatever. I don’t even care what a nobody like you feeling about me as time I know I’m cleaned. My paintshhop jpg format is kinda crap, but that’s all.

@ ShadyD

That’s coz I used a few omni lights, the model details look like this:

@ Mad_AxMan

Mate why you always step in my way. Do you really want to say what I think about you or your models. Well anyway this thread is useless so only a few ppl will know. But you will know for you rest of your life.

I remember your first Gohan model when you show it to me over MSN when you wanted to join DBZ HOOD and I declined coz your Gohan model it was a crap. Now you became more popular and the bad criting to others work makes you happy all the time. You even never say a word about my mapping here but waited the opportunity to that.
8 December 2004 The Martial Arts map, when I posted that picture without the skybox (you thought it was) you quickly jumped and crit it as hard as you could.
Trust me I have a dame good memory and I’m proud of that….and sometimes sad
This days you models started to look clean and became more popular. But you still remained with that bad looking for details way. Even if you make the wire as clean as possible your modeler shape is still a crap. Which is the most important part coz in a game you will never see the wireframe and only flesh and bones and how the model was constructed.

this is the true that is bared in me and hided in you

@ Shyiojin

I’m with 11 months bigger then you mate. So you’re the small one.
3. Don’t involve the UT or the DBZ HOOD project. I did this for fun and coz I really find it FUN (I couldn’t even play a dame game) coz I was really attracted by this that’s why I want to go back at mapping

About shadows:

Every experienced modeler can see that the weird shadows are prorogated by the omni lights. Without lights in-scene it look something like this:

http://www.dbzhood.com/GokuSSJ/pics5/Goku-noomni.jpg

About chest skin:

That's coz of the ridge.The vertex from the chest and arms are not correct linked together. I didn't ridge him correctly coz as time I still working at it and make any changes like delete/add to the vertex the ridge go back to default or much worse then that ruin the bones alignment.

Mystic Gohan is ridged correctly, if you find any problems with that skin then it means I'm wrong.

and mates if anybody is up for a challenge then be my guest. You know where to find me….I’m going to start to model real -Lara Croft for a game company then I’m going back to finish my Arrival map, if anybody want’ s to challenge me at this model then please be my guest.

I won’t lath only prove my experience to you, but you will if I win
I won’t cry if I loose and I will thank you then go back and practice some more

That’s the way I am

@Tryforce
comparing with mapping it is. And mapping for many years make me to say that, knowing that on the old days I spend 42 hours to build a sayian space pod without to find any BSP errors and now I can do it in 10 min or less in max …

anyway one more time I’m not no ripper the skin is 100% made by myself and I never use burn or dodge!

anyway to prove myself here:

http://www.dbzhood.com/GokuSSJ/pics5/GOKUSKIN.jpg

now bare the truth

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Goku[SSJ] said:
@ Shyiojin

I’m with 11 months bigger then you mate. So you’re the small one.
3. Don’t involve the UT or the DBZ HOOD project. I did this for fun and coz I really find it FUN (I couldn’t even play a dame game) coz I was really attracted by this that’s why I want to go back at mapping.
Way to go on spelling my name incorrectly, even after you complained about Growler misspelling yours. :p

You never mentioned you were doing this for fun, so now you're just making excuses. :p

Also, I didn't involve the mod into this. You did. I never even mentioned it. I just said something about newer game engines. You're putting words in my mouth. :p Way to go, you should be a journalist. :yes:

Furthermore, I don't even map, skin or model, so way to go in assuming that you're better than me in these areas, when I don't even occupy myself with them. Way to go in assuming things. Again. :p

I may not be an expert: but I've got eyes in my head and a good enough memory to be able to see the render is insufficient, the skin looks crappy and the faces don't look at all like the characters. Furthermore, the shading on the pants (the folds etc) look rather n00bish.

It's your own fault for provoking reactions from us. You should have known better.

Best answers
wow and they say I have a bad attitude(youve all said it at some time) im still a noob but still even i dont take crits that hard, also about the learning in a couple of days, BULL! it took me a long ass time to finish my first model(TRSS) and i just finished my third(Lan) and ive been at it for .. like a little over 3 months... or around there.
both the models scare me but the goku more, also u should probly learn to draw dbz before you start skinning it

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hay look, some of my mod powers are still working =D

the way i remember it, i declined working for DBZ hood, due to my time being spent helping GG and Kama with some of their stuff.

hey, i wonder who had the most success in the end =]

dude, if you ever feel like commenting on my work, then step up to the plate, ive taken crits from bigger, and better modders than you. and ive had my work torn literally to pieces. the difference is, i take it on the chin, and use it to get better. i dont whine because "people dont like my work onoez e-wang r shrinking ;_;."

would you like a selection of cheeses to go with that btw?

this thread is staying open. this is the chance for you to take peoples comments, and learn from them. not just about modeling, but about your attitude in general. if you cant take the heat, dont jump in the fire. your the one suffering from your ignorance. and it just makes you look like an ass =].

ps. ive never had any such problems with omni lighting ;)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mad_AxMan said:
hay look, some of my mod powers are still working =D

the way i remember it, i declined working for DBZ hood, due to my time being spent helping GG and Kama with some of their stuff.

hey, i wonder who had the most success in the end =]

dude, if you ever feel like commenting on my work, then step up to the plate, ive taken crits from bigger, and better modders than you. and ive had my work torn literally to pieces. the difference is, i take it on the chin, and use it to get better. i dont whine because "people dont like my work onoez e-wang r shrinking ;_;."

would you like a selection of cheeses to go with that btw?

this thread is staying open. this is the chance for you to take peoples comments, and learn from them. not just about modeling, but about your attitude in general. if you cant take the heat, dont jump in the fire. your the one suffering from your ignorance. and it just makes you look like an ass =].

ps. ive never had any such problems with omni lighting ;)
Goku shrunk my E-nuts to E-raisins. Man, I must be a total noob who doesn't know what he is talking about. I am so sorry Mr. 'Goku[SSJ, I'll let you stumble on your own, I mean.. after all, I just started modeling yesterday. :no:

Han Solo to Jabba the Hut - "You're making a mistake... don't be a FOOL!"
take it to heart.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
actually.. weird shadows indicate deformations/flaws in the mesh of the model, omni light or not..

Goku[SSJ said:
]"Every experienced modeler can see that the weird shadows are prorogated by the omni lights."
Ussually when i add an onmi light it pimps out my model instead of creating weird shadows :S

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Goku[SSJ] said:
@Tryforce
comparing with mapping it is. And mapping for many years make me to say that, knowing that on the old days I spend 42 hours to build a sayian space pod without to find any BSP errors and now I can do it in 10 min or less in max …
<_< wow r you happy? creating a sayian space pod in 10 min?

still you skin sucks as hell and ur skills too... its still no clue to say that modeling is ****n easy!

Also Mapping and Modeling r kinda same way but different styles -.-" so dont tell me that you can compare those 2 shizzle ****!

I also didnt wanted to know how easy everything for you is mr.wannabegoodlock

damn i always hated the way ur where talkn but i gues it wont change.

still ur hair skin sucks.. also may learn how to make the black celshade lines make away from the render wich are ocmpletly "out of place" newb. -.-"

damn those models suck i told yo y...

Best answers
Shiyojin Rommyu said:
Way to go on spelling my name incorrectly.
Your nick is way too long, so it's hard to write it right. :laff:

Anyways, i like these models, but therez still something not right. ;/

Best answers
Hi Goku[SSJ], you might remember me from the old dbu days. Anyways I don’t post that often but I felt I had to this time. The reason of that is the same as most of the people had, that posted here. And I think the reason why so many people are upset (mainly 3d modellers themselves) might lay in those extra small comments you make at the end of some of your posts. Well in this case it’s obvious what I’m talking about.<o =""></o>

<o =""></o>

Nobody really minds for one to be competitive in a certain way or trying to prove his self, but I think you overdid it just a tad. I think you certainly have a fluent way in 3d and being pretty skilled too, and I really respect that but it’s all about how you bring your model forward to the people. Seeing from where I came from (milkshape era XD) to being a pretty average 3d modeller, I think I’m allowed to say that it certainly isn’t an easy task. Which bring me to the reason of all these unfriendly posts towards you.<o =""></o>

<o =""></o>

Basically not so long ago you make a topic containing your very first 3d modelling work. People respected that gave you some constructive crits and some were not so welcome as others but you moved on. Well Today you make another topic containing yet again new footage of some slightly new models, but with some of a disturbing comment in it. <o =""></o>

I don’t the people’s reaction on it are inappropriate though. A lot of people here really try hard to become a great 3d modeller but that comment really showed a lot of disrespect towards those 3d modellers that really are putting their sole in it. For them a guy that is pretty new in 3d modelling hasn’t even the slightest right to make such a rude conclusion. Especially you mentioned you were going to work on a 3d modelling project for some company and actually challenged people to do better?...is something I don’t get. If it’s a really professional company I don’t think they can afford such an attitude though. Beginning skills is a totally different story, because on the working floor you build your skills to become an amazing 3d modeller.<o =""></o>

<o =""></o>

Anyways to keep it slightly on topic, like I said trough msn, I don’t think the gradient on the chest fits the rest of the skinning style. Other than that I don’t agree on some crits (maybe given with anger) that were given on the pants because I like them the way they are.<o =""></o>

<o =""></o>

And now lets show some peace and love. :D<o =""></o>

Best answers
i think the models/skins need improving but they are not bad for a first and second but yes there is a lot to modelling and like david said no one can master the human forum or even master art so please keep in mind that some of the comment u did say would offend some modellers but for everyone to jump down on him like that was not right either best thing to do is just get back on topic and crit about the model and how he can improve and stop the flaming cuz it is not needed

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't know if this stems from the afforementioned 'weird shadows' but both Goku and Gohan seem to have orange breast tumours.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Goku[SSJ] said:
Any beginner can become an advance in a couple of days if he puts love in what he’s doing and if he’s a fast learner. If you don’t put love and make things as quickly as possible you will be the same.
Dude first of all i know im getting a warning for this but meh

FU<K YOU

you should never see yourselfe as an advanced modeler not even whith this lil thing ( witch by the way sucks ALLOT).

You cant compare yourselfe to people like Smo,azn,me,kreshi,lee,broly.

We know the programs we use inside and out.
second of all those wierd lil shadows you create theyre due to the couse of bad polly flow.

the skin sucks and im prety sure you traced it from just an image or something.

If i make an model i usualy try to make as less errors as posibel i know for a fact that if you speed up you make allot more errors and you might overlook things.

and last but not least quit being so frikking arogant man jezus tapdancing christ -_- for some reason you got the uncanning ability to piss me off (and i think the rest of this 3d comunity to) so please do us a favour change your atitude or please leave

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom