ESF website layout getting to old?

Best answers
I have been following this mod for quit a long time, and I was thinking... The website it's self is getting to me. It's had the same layout, the same colors and all that for about .. as long as I can remember. I think the webpage is due for a change... tell me if im wrong, althought you kinda cant its my own opinion lol

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Then make a new one?

I mean, if a fan made a really awesome layout, I'm sure they would use it, but do you remember how long it took Greg to fix the avatars? *hides* ;)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't see anything wrong with the current layout. Maybe a new one is due for if they release a version 2.0, or the final. But personally I don't see anything wrong with the layout now. If you spend so much time here that the layout actually becomes annoying, you're spending too much time here.

Best answers
It's not bad to me..I never joined the forun til recently but I can remember the layout
being like this for about 2 years..thats all I got to say

Best answers
ooo..
I feel a competition coming on!...
Heck, I'LL make a new site layout for ESF. I'll post it as an 800 x 600 gif image, which will be the overall template for the proposed layout.

I propose that anyone else interested post a site layout, and then we have the DEV team choose the best (then again, who knows WHEN it would be implemented, perhaps for the 1.3 release, who knows.)

EDIT: nah, I'm just Messin with ya. I'll give it a shot over the next couple of days, but don't expect miracles.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
greg is really busy all the time so he cant exactly take the time out to make a new webpage

Best answers
ESF seems to be more fan orientated now since there 1.3 Tien contest. Maybe they should start a 1.3 layout contest, plus have the person code the layout to save Greg alot of stress.

Best answers
Oh yeah, i would participate too :devgrin: . Seeing greg, he`s a grownup, so he has his REAL LIFE work too. So, i think a competition would be great! :yes:

Best answers
Ehm.... NO, don't change the layout. This layout is very nice, clean, nothing wrong with it.

Best answers
If someone made a image layout, made it clean, functional, and easy to look at, I would code it in a flash.

A contest would be sweet, I'd love to see a new layout, assuming that it is better than the current one.

The Krazy One
✔️ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
The old layout is getting kinda old, and a change would probably help. I've seen some errors on that webpage layout anyway (Take a look at some of the dev journals, and you'll see the error in the layout.)

If there is a webpage competition, I'll participate as well.

Best answers
Ok so a couple things... Is this forum layout V-Bulletin's standard layout? I'm thinking it might be, but if it's not, these would be good colors for the ESF site.
The other idea I have is... Gold. 'Super Saiyan gold' in the banner, light grey and a twinge of dark blue at the tops of the various frames. Hey whaddyaknow, I'm an interior decorator?

EDIT: nevermind, once again. I have to get back to modeling now...

Best answers
Heh, Ya that would be kinda neat if there was a layout compitition, ... but id smoke all of you, lol jks. Ya.. im just saying its kinda boring to look at, the site is as important as the game, if the site looks boring, people wont want to dl it. u can see a sample of what i can do through my sig, my clan site AsW

Best answers
It'll be cool if someone does make a nice new layout, because it has to be said the current layout is a little too standard
/me misses the old red layout

Retired
Best answers
you guys have any idea how time consuming that would be for greg? he's a busy guy, i'm sure he can't be arsed to change it. also it has been changed.. I believe there was a different one long time ago. (3 years ago? :)). just can't remember it.

Best answers
Well, with a contest Greg wouldnt hae to do anything but upload or what ever after the winner was chosen, therefore he'd have 5 seconds of work. lol

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No not really cuz what if yu code it in HTML and he wants it in PHP or the other way around plus he might not like the way you coded it, either way he will proly wanna re code it himself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom