ESF website layout getting to old?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Saiga said:

That's what I have so far, this is around 1+1/2 hours work. Still much to change, fonts for example. Goku in the top right should change also, it's just a quick (real quick) do so you know that an image will be there, it's nothing special. Early days. WIP.

Edit: The nav buttons will have a blue overlay on mouseover. The picture to the left (potw) will also turn into a preview of the potw on mouseover.
I was afraid this is what someone was going to make. I honestly HATE those kinds of layouts where everything is sort of glowing. I hate the cartoonish designs and the neon-ish appearance of everything. I would completely skip the main page and go straight to the forums if that was adopted. Plus, all it looks like (to me) is new colors, text, and pictures, not a new layout. It doesn't look like a new website, just an old website with different clothes. I'm not insulting your work, I'm just stating my opinion and what I would do if a skin "like" that was made.

You did an outstanding job, it's very well though out and very well made. I could never have done better. I commend you; it's just I absolutely hate that style.

I want something unique, not a "one style fits all" kind of site. Please don't think of this as a flame, I don't mean to hurt your feelings :(.

Best answers
Just finished kind of a like a splash button - as in youd click that and you would be transferred to the site.

that idea and base came from a tut, but everything else is me.

Best answers
Smith| I'm not offended at all mate, you're entitled to your opinion. Maybe I should try another design. Something that stands out. I'll try some things :p

Best answers
Im half way done my layout to show.. i think its pretty neat in IMO ill show it tomorrow. BTW saiga nice start eh.. I my self like those types of layouts :p

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i think u should not use the red and grey color again, it would make it look the same again, ESF layout needs a really makeover something total different from whats it now
Saiga, i like urs very much, but maybe it could use a ingame pic aswell (on a banner, something like a melee struggle) which would give it more the looks of the game itself instead of a ssj3 pic from the anime

offtopic = wow, didnt know u played BYOND aswell saiga =P

Best answers
The designs look amazing good job, i think Saiga's layout is cool, cant wait to see all of the finished designs.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
OMG! Welcome back, xtortionist! I haven't seen you post in a dog's age!

Very nice layout, there. I rather like the colour scheme and the use of the new logo. It's a refreshing new layout - can't wait for it to be implemented, if that's the plan ^_^

Force Pit Member
Best answers
DANG X!!!! That new site looks..................AWESOME! Nothing else to say. You really outdid yourself, very nicely done, I hope the team uses it :).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I really like that one with the new esf logo. I'd like it better with smaller sans serif fonts, though. (Dave Chappelle on Fonts: "Arial Unicode, *****es!")

★ Black Lounger ★
Best answers
yea, well im changing the header, and shrinking the logo and nav bar a bit...other than that its done....by the way some of u dont know this but...i did design the old web site design too...i know it's old...but the new layout was supposed to be done 2 months ago but i just never had time to work on it.

Hsu

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I really do not like the picture of the goku and freeza at the top.

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nice to see X finally pop out of the bushes and post. Awesome design, I love every bit of it. :)

Best answers
It looks ok. But I'm not too sure about the Goku/Frieza picture on the top. For some reason it just feels unprofessional. Thats not to say it dosn't look good though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom