ESF website layout getting to old?

Best answers
The only thing I would suggest updating in the whole site, are the images, in the gallery...if peopel see those, and look at the date, they might tink the mod is dead.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kairi said:
The only thing I would suggest updating in the whole site, are the images, in the gallery...if peopel see those, and look at the date, they might tink the mod is dead.
Yeah, cause they will ignore the date of the news posts and look at the date in the gallery and think the mod is dead. ;)

Best answers
Snow1586 said:
No not really cuz what if yu code it in HTML and he wants it in PHP or the other way around plus he might not like the way you coded it, either way he will proly wanna re code it himself.
He wouldn't want to re-code it himself if he is so busy (I know he is, and I really don't think he would mind the way someone codes it). Also, you don't code websites in PHP. PHP is embedded into HTML, so you either use straight HTML, or a combonation of both.

Of course, if someone does a sloppy job coding the site, it wouldn't win the contest (assuming there is one) now would it?

Best answers
That would be really awsome if there was. I love making website layouts.. it's......amusing.. i do it for fun. I'd love for there to be a contest! how bout it?

Best answers
Son|Gohan said:
That would be really awsome if there was. I love making website layouts.. it's......amusing.. i do it for fun. I'd love for there to be a contest! how bout it?
Even if there isn't a contest, maybe you should make a layout anyway, just to challenge yourself. You never know, the team might use it :tired:

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah, i think the web layout is also a bit old, could be cooler......but its not like that there is anything wrong with it, but it gets anoying and kama....U cant spend to much time at ESF.....;(

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you guys have any idea how time consuming that would be for greg? he's a busy guy, i'm sure he can't be arsed to change it
I know what you mean. It took me like 4 months to build this layout (LINK EDITTED) for this guy that isn't even finished (cause the dude kept pissing and moaning about the design...I've barely started the content!).

-editted by Judge

Best answers
lol... guys... check out my clan site. it took me about... 4 hours of solid work. My dad helped me with the code just a bit... (LINK EDITTED)

It's not that hard to create a nice looking layout... well to me... cuz im taking classes in html.. harder for others and easy for some.. i guess thats the way it is. Ireally want that contest though..

Any yes i just might challenge my self and make a layout anyways.

-Editted by Judge

Best answers
Jesus, those took for months and four hours? Ouch.

http://free.one.picturehost.co.uk/progress.gif

That took me about 2 hours to make, slice and code, with PHP imbedded for fusion news. Dunno if I'm still up to scratch though lol, haven't made a layout for about a year. I could give a go I guess :p

🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Anyone good with flash? could make a bb and a 56k website or just a new bb version!

Contest sounds like a good idea.

Best answers

That's what I have so far, this is around 1+1/2 hours work. Still much to change, fonts for example. Goku in the top right should change also, it's just a quick (real quick) do so you know that an image will be there, it's nothing special. Early days. WIP.

Edit: The nav buttons will have a blue overlay on mouseover. The picture to the left (potw) will also turn into a preview of the potw on mouseover.

Best answers
ohhh.. damn saiga i didnt know we were actualy going to see who could make a better one i woulda done something!

Best answers
Oh er i thought you ment the forums for a second.
It's the forum layout that is a little boring (welcome to VBulletin! o_O), the actual website don't bother me too much.

Best answers
You should try and use the "ESF Colors" when you make a site (I.E Red, Grey, etc).

Other than that it looks fine

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah, I think it's getting very old. They've had it for about ever :p

Retired
Best answers
removed all the links, because it goes against the rule of advertising. if you ever want to post a layout, make a .jpg of it. but let's not forget, this thread is not about showing loads of different layouts which you have been working on. just to show how long it took you.

we have the artwork section for that.

Best answers
SoulStriker said:
You should try and use the "ESF Colors" when you make a site (I.E Red, Grey, etc).

Other than that it looks fine
Yeah that's true, those colours just wouldn't look right with this design I don't think. I'll do a quick recolour and see how it goes later on. As for the colours I did choose, I went with a similar style of the forums.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I kinda like Saiga's, it's easy on the eyes, like the forums. =)

Best answers
I put my computer back together. I'll go ahead and start me own layout. Yippy, I like layouts. Alright, be back later.

Best answers
Optimus Prime said:
I kinda like Saiga's, it's easy on the eyes, like the forums. =)
Thats true.

Both the forums and site should match, it just looks that much better :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom