ESF Release Schedule - Important

Which option would you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Oh I think Grega did mention like a billion times already.

Phase 1 means the game minus some game modes , transformations , characters and maps.

The combat, beam system, every other game feature will be the same as it would be in a full release. We re only getting less CONTENT .

Example : P1 includes Goku Vegeta Gohan Trunks. All of them can only go as far as SSJ. We only get deathmatch and team deatchmatch and esf_cellgames and rosat as maps.

P2 would come as a "update" and add the rest of the transformations to Goku Vegeta Gohan Trunks, add the rest of the characters with they re respective transformations, add some extra game modes and some extra maps.

As you CAN SEE , in terms of mechanics the game will be identical. The only thing that differs is CONTENT. People need to understand already that P1 would be EXACTLY like a FULL release in terms of GAMEPLAY MECHANICS .

Imagine World of Warcraft or any other MMO for that matter. P1 would mean WoW would come with Karazhan and Gruuls Lair. P2 would come as a update and add serpentshrine and tempest keep. The game would be absolutely the same but with more CONTENT.

The full release would include Karazhan , Gruuls , Serpentshrine and Tempest Keep.

"Mentioning now that Option 1 basically means that the way the game plays could be improved and expanded upon if new ideas/suggestions pop up, " - The dev team already has, and had for a long while (as I assume) some designs after which they made the game. In the current stage, I'm pretty sure no major feature will be added to the game because we suggest it unless it would be like the holy grail of suggestions wich it won't.

IMA WHALE URGLEURGLEURGLE
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
You know what would help out the decision of each section.. if you can give us an estimated time.

Obviously if you know you can do it in 2 parts that means you are really close to launch for Option A, or close enough to ask your community (Hence why were talking in this thread today)*

If you can give us just an estimate time, doesn't even need to be an exact day or week.. how about around a month or let alone year. That would make this topic make more sense because asking us to either wait a little while versus what could be possibly a few years is silly.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Yeah we probably all thought of that. The game being somewhere close to , atleast, phase 1. However the team CANNOT give out release dates, remaining time, percentage of the game that is done or any other estimate towards the release simply because they do not have them. Why? Because the devs come against new bugs and situations every day and they cannot predict when it will be done. With every new feature comes the chance for new bugs to appear. Bugs which need to be found out , isolated and then fixed.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Here is a little rule.

A release will only happen after 4 weeks of no bug fixing.

IMA WHALE URGLEURGLEURGLE
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Here is a little rule.

A release will only happen after 4 weeks of no bug fixing.

Then for all we know the game Phase 1 wont be out for years.... We don't even have anything to base what hes asking us to wait for other than more content which means more bugs which means more time..

and considering this a free mod I doubt they will fix EVERY bug in a decent time. *Before most people just give up waiting.*

I really think we should just get it in 2 parts because for all we know it might take them another 3 years at this point.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The Devs know what they are doing. Just relax and have a little faith.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
gameplay mechanics complete without all gamemodes? -.-
IDK where you get that from but as far i know gamemodes make the game...
just like battlefield 3 is crap imo without conquest mode. (like they did with the bf3 beta)

kannonball mode could be intresting though ^^

Wannabe Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Well if it came basic with Team Death match then I'm sure 90% of the populous would not care all that much.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
gameplay mechanics complete without all gamemodes? -.-
IDK where you get that from but as far i know gamemodes make the game...
just like battlefield 3 is crap imo without conquest mode. (like they did with the bf3 beta)

kannonball mode could be intresting though ^^
Gamemodes don't really have anything to do with gameplay mechanics.

Also all of BF3's gamemodes are fun. Conquest is for serious gaming, though, while TDM is for shooting heads... and improving your K/D ratio. I have yet to play a better FPS.

Last edited:
FP Wannabe
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
You honestly believe that all ~100 of these people are in the same community on a different website, and all happened to see the link to this poll all within 3 hours, despite them all living in different areas of the world?
It is completely plausible, stop being so paranoid.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
⚡Sūpā Regula-jin
Best answers
:( whay this is horible .

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Well if they will decide, or have decided to go with option 1, the full game, then I hope to god it won't suffer from things such as ,,feature creep. For those who don't know what that is look it up on the wiki.

Why am I worried about this? A while back it was announced that there will be things like animals you can interact with. A possible sign of feature creep. I really hope they won't insist too much on things that may just end up being ,,filler" in the game anyway.

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm pretty sure the team has a set plan and that's all they are doing now

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I'm pretty sure the team has a set plan and that's all they are doing now
Hey I welcome the wishful thinking, but it still makes me wonder: if the waiting for this game has been lasting for about 10 years now for some people (hopefully I'm not confusing things again) how much of those ten years did the development of the filler features actually take. I'm not saying that what they are doing is wrong if my concerns for this prove to be valid when this game will be released.

Edit: Examples for those who don't know what I'm talking about: Games that suffered from feature creep ended up in 1 of the three ways:-This is a general example but it should have to do and that is, Cancelled they never got released and nobody heard of what became of them or how close they where, if they were ever close, to releasing them.
-The other thing is Duke Nukem forever - I suppose everybody knows a thing or two about this one.
-The third is Fallout 3. This is the only one (I'm not actually sure if it is even a valid example for this) that survived feature creep and beat it as far as I know, but only because they got lucky and got in the right hands. The game still remained with scars because of it, with things like bugs, gliches, and the fact that fallout ,,hardcores" were not happy with it because it was like Oblivion even if it was a good game.

The fact that we still see nothing but pictures and very rarely see things like a video that is longer than a minute of features is jet another big concern.

I hope, for this games sake and for the sake of the potential it has to become one of the best ,,Total-conversion" mods out there, that you are indeed right, and the fact that we should not get an early demo will not prove to be a lost opportunity, or possibility of the rebirth of this game.

Last edited:
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It is completely plausible, stop being so paranoid.
I'm sorry, but it's really not plausible at all.

KANON, KANON KANON, KANON KANON, KANON KANON, KANON KANON, KANON KANON, KANON KANON, KANON KANON, KANON KANON, KANON KANON, KANON

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Haven't you been told multiple times by SEVERAL moderators to drop this issue? I'm just curious why I get yelled at by Grega and threatened with a thread ban, whereas you're allowed to continue on your merry trolling romp.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hey I welcome the wishful thinking, but it still makes me wonder: if the waiting for this game has been lasting for about 10 years now for some people (hopefully I'm not confusing things again) how much of those ten years did the development of the filler features actually take. I'm not saying that what they are doing is wrong if my concerns for this prove to be valid when this game will be released.

Edit: Examples for those who don't know what I'm talking about: Games that suffered from feature creep ended up in 1 of the three ways:-This is a general example but it should have to do and that is, Cancelled they never got released and nobody heard of what became of them or how close they where, if they were ever close, to releasing them.
-The other thing is Duke Nukem forever - I suppose everybody knows a thing or two about this one.
-The third is Fallout 3. This is the only one (I'm not actually sure if it is even a valid example for this) that survived feature creep and beat it as far as I know, but only because they got lucky and got in the right hands. The game still remained with scars because of it, with things like bugs, gliches, and the fact that fallout ,,hardcores" were not happy with it because it was like Oblivion even if it was a good game.

The fact that we still see nothing but pictures and very rarely see things like a video that is longer than a minute of features is jet another big concern.

I hope, for this games sake and for the sake of the potential it has to become one of the best ,,Total-conversion" mods out there, that you are indeed right, and the fact that we should not get an early demo will not prove to be a lost opportunity, or possibility of the rebirth of this game.
I'm one of the people who fit in your category of "people who have been waiting for about 10 years" and I can tell you now that I haven't been waiting for this for ten years. Mainly because nobody knew what the final release would be, and when it would come. I've brought this up multiple times, but again, you guys word what you're saying to the point that it sounds like there hasn't been anything released at all over the past 10 years. Which in fact, is very wrong, because over these past 10 years, the team has been consistently releasing quality updates for this mod.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Then for all we know the game Phase 1 wont be out for years.... We don't even have anything to base what hes asking us to wait for other than more content which means more bugs which means more time..

and considering this a free mod I doubt they will fix EVERY bug in a decent time. *Before most people just give up waiting.*

I really think we should just get it in 2 parts because for all we know it might take them another 3 years at this point.

I find your lack of faith disturbing.

Wait... WHAT HAPPENED TO THE VOTES LOL ?! All of a sudden the poll is towards one phase ?! Wow...how did this happen lol ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom