ESF Open Beta? I Believe So!

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
shadowcast said:
man just turn off your modem and turn it on connect to the net and voila xD
Did you missed the part that you have to wait 50+ minutes? thats something that cant be fixed by reseting your modem, it's an IP thing.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
shadowcast said:
man just turn off your modem and turn it on connect to the net and voila xD
do you even have any idea what you are talking about at all?
if so, explain how this is possible.

Discord Member
Best answers
Dunno why but in a strange way it works xD try it out :] :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
first off
a) you CAN'T bypass it even if you use proxies nowadays!
b) even if you manage to do it, what about the others? are you willing to tell everyone this trick of yours?

Best answers
Hmm wasn't expecting this. So we'll be getting a look'see at what the team has been cooking up. Although I'm a little bit disappointed this won't be the final working version. However I'm pleased ESF has decided to do this. Because with a bigger amount of played and tested feedback It should lead to more bugs found n' fixed, as well as better gameplay/balance.
If the updates are being done as incremental updates and hosted on sites like HL2files and through bittorrent I'm sure it'll manage fine.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Super Veggeto said:
Indeed!
Think about the custom model support =D and all the stuff DT has been toying around lately with the animations and effects! w00t!
Halflife can maximum load 512 models and sounds at the same time.... means you cant use any models or anything else if your esf folder got more then 512 model or sounds.....old engine heh.

Super Veggeto said:
I dont know if my connection is damaged =P I seem to be able to download stuff on 200KB/s from direct downloads.

I was using SVN for ECX too and ended up waiting 12 hours (whole night sleep+) to download 300+MB.
Maybe SVN just doesnt suit everyone...and if it doesnt then it's not likely to be the smartest way to transfer files through.
500 mb raven told to me.... and it took me like 20 mins.... lol

Super Veggeto said:
Did you missed the part that you have to wait 50+ minutes? thats something that cant be fixed by reseting your modem, it's an IP thing.
lol use proxys!

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
PiXel said:
Halflife can maximum load 512 models and sounds at the same time.... means you cant use any models or anything else if your esf folder got more then 512 model or sounds.....old engine heh.
Darn I was counting on 513 >_< tough luck =P

500 mb raven told to me.... and it took me like 20 mins.... lol
Like I said, for some it works great and for some it works like s***, if thats the case then it's very far from being the best way to transfer files.

We need something that everyone can work with, the team said they are looking in to this so I bet they'll find something suiting and they wont let us down.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
everybody can download a simpel file over the internet by clicking a link and saves on his computer..... why all those confusing stuff? keep it simpel.

own ftp host ftw!

Best answers
I'll Host multiple mirrors on r-a-p-i-d-s-h-a-r-e, megaupload, filefront ETC...

why is that site blocked to say?

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
PiXel said:
*scratches head* What does that have to do with the stuff DT is working on, and the additional effects we're adding..? What does that even have to do with custom models o_O? Sure, the custom models are loaded on the clients computer, but I don't think that's really going to be an issue unless you pile up 100+ custom models on your machine ^_^;

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well as i understood: costume models now means.... you can add an folder with a new mdl in it and it will be loaded ingame or?

and counting the maps models, character models, bodyparts models and so on it may would allready come up to a nice ammount of mdl's
and .... yeh.. gues your right.... why did i told that you rightnow, lol my bad xD just raven confused me to much yesterday.

Best answers
When I mentioned having it as a torrent, I also had 56kers in mind.
Every single ESF release thus far, I have had the painfull slow 2-3k download speed of the mod. And more often than not, I got the 4 hour disconnect, And had to start over again. And download managers were to much of a pain at the time...

And I know there are still 56k users out there! Voice your opinion, you have more right to then us Cable and DSL users! :p
And with a torrent, you can allways add files to the tracker, So updating it is rather a breeze, and you dont have to worry about hundreds of thousands of different links etc. AND torrents seems to have alot less failure rate than most other file transfer protocals.

And Torrents are the way of the future, and more legal jargon is beginning to use it.

I tought my grandpa how to use a torrent client, So he could download some of his free and legal "Hip music". And host video camera shots for the entire family to view and download.

Torrents all the way! (I'm a strong supporter of the technology :p)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I partly agree with you. The first official release of ESF 1.3 should be linked through torrent, because it will probably be the biggest one. The others will just be improvements, addons to the first release, which couldn't be bigger than 20 MB, am I right? And those should be linked on other sites as well, because torrents can be a pain when people leech. But even those smaller releases should be linked through torrent for dial up users whose connections constantly fail. But it wouldn't hurt you to upload it elsewhere. Again, I mean the later releases, which would be smaller should be link both through torrent and on upload sites like MegaUpload, Filefront etc. Get it?

Best answers
"However, if you would like to take a look in our kitchen, you might want to check this out."
I'm gonna make myself a sandwhich in that kitchen, esf style >:0

w00t open beta! This is going to be quite interesting.

Best answers
i agree with this main torrent version of upload... the main file = torrent
other thing for 1.3= direct , links on sites and forums

Best answers
i just have one question ... will it have bots .. or at least a bot that just sits there withe power level 999999999 so i can increase mine 2 transform ... cuz i won't have who to test it with ... but since it has been said that it has console commands to help beta testers ... i quess it has a powerlevel modifier console comande also ... am i right ?

Mr. Preacher
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Phobius said:
Alright lets not talk about whats in it and whats not in it till you guys had the chance to play it sound good?
As some of you have not seen this post here it is again.

Best answers
I like you phobius.

Well i can barely wait for the open beta. it's gonna be fun fun fun!

Best answers
if you behind a router ( like me)
just restart it and the time limit from ********** is gone :p
works also without router ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom