ESF is broken

Best answers
i agree with u there X.

There is other ways ppl can play but ppl mostly use that tech that was mentioned above. i try to confuse the player by hitting from the back or throwing him up when he is expecting to go down and stuff like that. i like that becuz its more like DBZ. ppl are just to s8 forward and go into a basic melle combo for always.

on a side-note ppl who run really piss me off. i cant stand that ppl run when u are fighting them. i never run i like fighting ppl who are better then me. for me it makes it more fun. thats y im always playing with ppl like Logan or NGE.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hiddenmist said:
on a side-note ppl who run really piss me off. i cant stand that ppl run when u are fighting them. i never run i like fighting ppl who are better then me. for me it makes it more fun. thats y im always playing with ppl like Logan or NGE.
Haha that reminds me ^^

I was playing someone and he said that i lame. I ask him how. He hits me when typing. After 2 rounds of that. I start to evade only (run) i went all round the map. I told him that ill do that untill he tells me how i lamed. But instead he just left the server (pissed ofcourse) ^_^

In any case. Personaly i find it fun to do advanced melee hit up or down than catch them with 2 teleports nad sent them in the direction they came from with basic melee. ^^

Or hit them forward with basic and get behind them than git them back. All fun comboes. Hard to pull off and definitly not good for getting frags. But normaly the way people play is boring.

So yea Logan hit it right. The comunity is broken. The more known a person is in the servers the bigger the chance is that he just does cheep stuff.

Im also against the rule of no beams. But as long as the blast radious is this big with full charge its kinda nice to know that you wont die all the time cause a beam detonated somewhere in the visinity of 3 teleports from you. Minimum charged beams FTW.

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
~*Logan*~ said:
I'm talking about people who immediately label a single "beamkill" as spamming.

"YOU KILLED ME WITH A KAMEHAMEHA! YOU'RE A NO GOOD SPAMMER!!!"

You'd be surprised how many "pros" act that way.
I agree whit logan on this one you shot and kill some one whit a kamehamhe and your a spamer (and frieza combo it's superb)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hiddenmist said:
on a side-note ppl who run really piss me off.
I agree 100%. The player DarkMagician is notorious for that. He runs away and only attacks when you don't see him, then runs off again. It's extremely irritating. The worst part is, he actually MASTERED the art of running away.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
~*Logan*~ said:
I agree 100%. The player DarkMagician is notorious for that. He runs away and only attacks when you don't see him, then runs off again. It's extremely irritating. The worst part is, he actually MASTERED the art of running away.
Lol, i remember thinking the same thing when i saw him just a few days ago. I try not to get frustrated over people that do that, its really just dragging a fight on as long as possible. Personally, Ill just beam jump to someone else if i realize im chasing someone. The drawback in DarkMagician's case; if he decides to fight head on its an easy kill.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
How did this discussion go from why ESF is broken to tactics used by other players that are considered "lame"? There's no such thing as a lame tactic, only a tactic that works (effective), or a tactic that doesn't work (ineffective). That's what make's fighting games such as ESF fun, it's because of how many different ways someone can go at fighting. It's the only way you'll get better at ESF, by fighting all these people that have different tactics. It keeps you flexible and adaptive rather than stiff and one sided.

I'm a weird player, I find playing against cheaters fun since it's nearly impossible to beat them but I do get lucky.

As for ESF being broken, I don't have any problem with it. I just figure out things as I go along and I'm never really frustrated at a whole lot, though some changes would be interesting, but that's just me.

Best answers
So ESF is broken huh? i havn't really noticed :O

Sure i see a few scripters here and there, i just look at it as a challange :)

I don't really see any problems with the ssj trans's and pl gain the way it is now. maybe i just adjust to these sort of things without noticing it? ><

I remember when i first played ESF 1.2.3 i had never seen dbz and when i saw ESF i was like " omg this is dragonball!?" and then i downloaded dbz :O ESF is great the way it is ( with it's flaws, bugs,exploits etc etc,) cause when i fought someone who was alot better than me i just looked at it as 'training' sorta strange when you think about it :s i just assumed that there were some who were 'god-like' in esf :)

then i heard about scripts. scripts sux.

Well i'm just some guy who'll play esf no matter what ! ;D wheeeeee !

oh is it so that in 1.3 when you become ssj(ssj2,ssj3 etc etc) you suffer a constant drain of KI ? can anone confirm this? thanks-

damn im weird.

Mr. Preacher
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Pros to me are people who have played the game long enough to learn a good method or style as we call it. Now I'm not a pro I'm just an average player but I've played esf pros and its always fun fighting them because sometimes you can pick up on their tactics especially if they do the samething over and over and you can learn and pick up on it.

But anyways back on topic.

I do agree that ESF right now is currently broken its a big learning curve, you get little kids who come in and ***** and moan because they don't know how to play and you just pretty much just kick their ass all over the server and when your willing to help them they get all *****y and call you a ****** or even worse start bad mouthing the clan you might be in.

In 1.3 I really hope everyone can just pick it up after READING THE MANUAL once its created to learn how to play properely and jump in a server and have a blast that would be awesome to see.

Only time will tell on these things and I'm very curious how its going to play out.

Best answers
My two cents:

I am still a bit of a n00b at this game (since August), as a matter in fact I've never really played any of the games that require combo moves, this is an entirely new concept for me. I don't own any newer console games just some old hand-me-downs, like atari 2600 (actually I got this one new a couple of years after it came out, yes I'm that old :S ), NES, PS1 and I don't have many games for those either, he11 most of those games I have found for and am able to play on my pc.

Enough of that, being n00b-ish, I pretty much get my a$$ whooped on a regular basis, especially by the so-called "elites". While it sucks to hardly get a hit in edgewise, it is a great feeling when I do. So what, I lose alot, I also have found a few that I can hold my own against (probably other n00bs, lol).
Regardless I think everyone is forgetting that it was some of the guys here that made this MOD, and it's just that a mod, made for fans of DBZ by fans of DBZ. It's not broke, it works fine for me, so there are a few who exploit certain moves, if that is what works for them, and they actually enjoy that so be it. I may not like it myself, but when I actually dominate someone, it is a rush.
Now I am not the kind of person who when I'm winning regularly against somone, is likely to continue beating on him; I'll changeup my attack methods and experiment with other things. If possible, I'll find an alternate opponent, even one better than me, give the other guy a break, you know?
Hell, I'm even willing to let the new guy beat on me, even give a pointer or two and try and help him get better. To me ther\e is nothing better than an evenly matched fight, bar none.
When I started playing ESF, the best feeling I got was when someone took a moment to tell me how to do something, or played like I mentioned myself doing.
I think we are forgetting that this ESF community is not exactly the largest gaming community, and for the most part I think the people here and ingame are great; but there aren't that many of us, so lets not piss each other off too much, (a little bit is okay, adds spice, makes some of the challenge matches a little more exciting)
I guess I am saying there are a few small areas that could stand some "tweaking" but it is not broke, like spamming beam/ki blasts when at a higher pl, it makes it hard to even play then.

All things must evolve, and the needs will dictate those changes. But don't forget those who are putting forth the MASSIVE effort to continue bringing us any changes, and what we are all currently playing, I'm sure that positive input would be more effective anyway.
If 1.3 is completely different, well then, we ALL have a new DBZ game to play and master, as a DBZ fan all I can say is sweet. We can all still play 1.2.3 if we wan't right? I'm sure the system will be different enough that it is possible, that both versions might be able to be installed simultaneously (development team, help me here is this possible?)
So if you like one versus the other play it.
Remember, the corporate game makers don't even consider the pc a viable platform for the DBZ game market, FRELL them. I'm happy there are fans that are able to give us other fans something instead. It means a helluva lot more, and says a lot more about the dedication of those fans.

Holy crap, sorry guys, I think I had a "phlisophical moment".

Anyway I think you all know what I am saying, you are all right in a way, but, if you want to ***** about other players methods, take it up with them, an admin, or just find another smegging server to play on.

I hope I didn't piss too many of you off, still friends? No? Okay you can kick my a$$ in game. :laff:

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i pretty much agree with everything you said =->Goku<-=, well said D:

Best answers
Thanks Davidskiwan,

I am sure more people agree than not, even those that would say otherwise.

As a matter in fact I just got done playing, and was doing well until hiddenmist showed up, then my a$$ was pretty much owned (pretty much as he describes in his post a couple up). {as he rubs butt}

So what, still had fun trying to get one or three in.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I hate to say it, but if ESF's melee was like that of Tenkaichi 2, then there would be much success. Alot of split second timings. You do this in alot of FPS's, so Esf shouldn't be different.

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You couldn't be more wrong.

1.) ESF is not a FPS.
2.) Split second timing doesn't work online.

Never compare ESF to tenkaichi 2 again, it's insulting.

Best answers
hi my name is n00b in ESF or PAKIE

the most of the ppl that are playing and mastered the game
sometimes forget they were newbie's too and that there ass got kicked.
In some servers i noticed that they dont give a **** about the new players
COME ON you were NEW too FFS give them a chance to play
instead using al the times those roll exploits or what ever
I really hope they do something about those exploits cause they ruin the game.

Best answers
=->Goku<-= said:
My two cents:

I am still a bit of a n00b at this game (since August), as a matter in fact I've never really played any of the games that require combo moves, this is an entirely new concept for me. I don't own any newer console games just some old hand-me-downs, like atari 2600 (actually I got this one new a couple of years after it came out, yes I'm that old :S ), NES, PS1 and I don't have many games for those either, he11 most of those games I have found for and am able to play on my pc.

Enough of that, being n00b-ish, I pretty much get my a$$ whooped on a regular basis, especially by the so-called "elites". While it sucks to hardly get a hit in edgewise, it is a great feeling when I do. So what, I lose alot, I also have found a few that I can hold my own against (probably other n00bs, lol).
Regardless I think everyone is forgetting that it was some of the guys here that made this MOD, and it's just that a mod, made for fans of DBZ by fans of DBZ. It's not broke, it works fine for me, so there are a few who exploit certain moves, if that is what works for them, and they actually enjoy that so be it. I may not like it myself, but when I actually dominate someone, it is a rush.
Now I am not the kind of person who when I'm winning regularly against somone, is likely to continue beating on him; I'll changeup my attack methods and experiment with other things. If possible, I'll find an alternate opponent, even one better than me, give the other guy a break, you know?
Hell, I'm even willing to let the new guy beat on me, even give a pointer or two and try and help him get better. To me ther\e is nothing better than an evenly matched fight, bar none.
When I started playing ESF, the best feeling I got was when someone took a moment to tell me how to do something, or played like I mentioned myself doing.
I think we are forgetting that this ESF community is not exactly the largest gaming community, and for the most part I think the people here and ingame are great; but there aren't that many of us, so lets not piss each other off too much, (a little bit is okay, adds spice, makes some of the challenge matches a little more exciting)
I guess I am saying there are a few small areas that could stand some "tweaking" but it is not broke, like spamming beam/ki blasts when at a higher pl, it makes it hard to even play then.

All things must evolve, and the needs will dictate those changes. But don't forget those who are putting forth the MASSIVE effort to continue bringing us any changes, and what we are all currently playing, I'm sure that positive input would be more effective anyway.
If 1.3 is completely different, well then, we ALL have a new DBZ game to play and master, as a DBZ fan all I can say is sweet. We can all still play 1.2.3 if we wan't right? I'm sure the system will be different enough that it is possible, that both versions might be able to be installed simultaneously (development team, help me here is this possible?)
So if you like one versus the other play it.
Remember, the corporate game makers don't even consider the pc a viable platform for the DBZ game market, FRELL them. I'm happy there are fans that are able to give us other fans something instead. It means a helluva lot more, and says a lot more about the dedication of those fans.

Holy crap, sorry guys, I think I had a "phlisophical moment".

Anyway I think you all know what I am saying, you are all right in a way, but, if you want to ***** about other players methods, take it up with them, an admin, or just find another smegging server to play on.

I hope I didn't piss too many of you off, still friends? No? Okay you can kick my a$$ in game. :laff:
hey man was sup. lol im one of those ppl who was killin u on the server when it was 1v1.

but watdid i do i barely hit u lol i just ran and flow at u and missed so u can try and get better. but u killed me like 3 times. and u were pretty good.

@warren

i agree with you. there is no split-sec timing on the net. also i have to get that game tenkaichi 2 looks awsome.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
wheres_warren said:
You couldn't be more wrong.

1.) ESF is not a FPS.
2.) Split second timing doesn't work online.

Never compare ESF to tenkaichi 2 again, it's insulting.
How does split second timing not work online when they've been using it in games for a while now? It works perfectly fine for me.

Best answers
Sub said:
ESF, from a gameplay perspective, is broken. This is coming from someone whose been playing ESF since 1.0 came out. 1.3 needs to bring some major changes to the table and I honestly doubt that it will.
sigh... when will people learn to bother to read...?http://www.esforces.com/team/design_docs/Advanced Melee System 7-14.pdf

I mean no offense, but if you don't even know what features esf is gonna implement in 1.3, please spare us, man.

Now about 1.2.x: I get beaten all the time and I commonly swear and stuff because of frustration, but that is what gaming is about. If you never lose, it wouldn't be a game. The learning curve makes the gaming interesting! Now if someone doesn't like that, too bad. As for teleporting, I do have to admit it's a little bit unfair at least to someone at my level, but what about the, for example, AWP in Counter-Strike? What do you do in a situation like that? You learn to aim with the damn thing, that's what! All I'm saying is, if you find a limit, try to break it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sub said:
The most beautiful example of why ESF is broken

http://forum.esforces.com/showthread.php?t=66490

They refuse to let their fans know what direction the mod is headed in. They claim they respect my opinion, yet they silence me by getting the last word in and closing the thread.
I can silence you on a larger scale if you'd like. Keep it up and see how long.

Validated Steam Engine
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Giving vaild points would help.

Carrying it over into another thread won't help.

As people have said in this thread, it's not the game that's broken, it's the community.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom