ESF comparison thread

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The rest of the team will laugh at me forever for this :(

Anyway, let's change this back to a comparison thread people.

Best answers
Magus said:
I thought the highest form of flattery was imitation? Just becuase another team makes an addon, doesn't mean the mod is "****ed up". Maybe people just like the addons because it's something new. If you spent less time badmouthing it while whining about the mod, maybe some of your "critical input" would be looked at.

And cold steel...yeesh, the pl drain scared me to death. Thank God it was a mistake. I was about to **** myself. :p It's a wonderful concept, and I like that idea. :D
Well if its a great form of flattery why every EVM thread that is created here is "Closed immediately". I think that form of flattery would actually be embraced here. =\

If I don't even bad mouth, and suggest something No one cares or pays attention, but mr Noob number 100 could come in here, and do the same, and then get all the recognition which is why I keep my **** to myself.

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That doesn't really make sense, if you have good input, the team will surely check it out. And noob number 100 would rather post something like "OMG WTF MORE POWERLEVEL AND **** !!!"

If you have something better in mind, then post it here or in suggestions, we are not ignoring you.

Best answers
Cold Steel said:
If you have something better in mind, then post it here or in suggestions, we are not ignoring you.
I am not sure what is the meaning of ignoring... but what do u call threads like those :

http://forum.esforces.com/showthread.php?t=53283

http://forum.esforces.com/showthread.php?t=53268

http://forum.esforces.com/showthread.php?t=53304

they got some comments from some people but nothing more so what exactly do u mean by saying ignoring, is ignoring not replying AT ALL, or its no replies from staff members or someone else in high position which can change/effect developing ?

Best answers
Either those threads become forgotten, or they have no potential of becomming good suggestions (which is not always true if you ask me, take a look at david's thread, simple but effective).

Regardless, this is not the thread to discuss about ignoring threads and posts... I've seen more than enough people on these forums and ingame to convince me that there is a need for some more excitement in ESF. I am pretty sure that having extended combo abilities will be of great importance, but that alone won't cut it. Advanced melee is already being altered and the new transformations will probably add a bit that too. Anyway, I would like to ask the people here to think of an interesting comboing mechanism that allows you to create impressive combos, but not with effort. You're going to have to practise them in order to master them. My idea is to have some simple, not so effective combos, some harder, effective combos and a few extremely hard, fatal combos. That way, you won't be stuck to one combo (like in 1.1) and perhaps you can even mix them up (easy combo -> average combo -> fatal combo -> end, enemy dead).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Cold Steel said:
The rest of the team will laugh at me forever for this
Sorry, I feel partially responsible...congratulations on your team position btw.

As for threads that get ignored, that sucks, but I think the team see all the threads no matter how many replies, so an idea with one reply could still get discussed in a team meeting, and has equal oppurtunity to get in. It's just that threads with more replies would have more contributed so it could be made into an improved/quashed suggestion.

OK, here's what I think should happen, Davidskwans/SAIYAN_OVERLORD's 1.1 mode/classic mode should get in because it seems like everyone wants it (except Joe). They then open the floor up to the 1.1 vets on this board for direct discussion about what they want in it. That way the 1.1'ers are happy because they can have 1.1 back with less bugs, walljumps, freeswooping, and everyone who liked 1.2 can play regular 1.3 with no qualms.

Best answers
That would still divide the community, just combine them both... 1.1 get's old too you know :p

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SSJ Shin Carl said:
I do play 1.2.3, and guess what. It still crashes. Obviously YOU don't play 1.2.3. As I said

3 Releases after a patch, and I still crashes. I wonder why probably cause the team got lazy eh?

Well I wonder if we want to play on a server why don't YOU pay for a server for us to play on? Hmm?

All we need really are 3 Servers in the US, 1 In Midwest, 1 in West, 1 in Eastern. Simple unless you call that buggy crashy server NTH a good server then well meh.

Heres an example of what I got out of 1.2.3

edit: i think 1.3 will balance in abilities for charcters that don't have 3 transes and so on , something will be figured , 1.3 mite be a sketch of what to expect and then balance could be thought of in a 1.3 update/patch

I run a Ded Server for 1.2.3. Guess what IT CRASHES.
I run a Ded Server for 1.1. Guess what it IS UP 24/7. Hmm I wonder why.

ESF is clan based the majority of the people who play that MATTER are in clans, or were in clans, but Oh I wouldn't know that would I since I don't "Play esf" but you play esf much much more than I do so I guess your able to play with everyone right?

1.3 will "not" be balanced.

Also there aren't that many GOOD english servers. All these Euro servers that are O_O Omg EVM SERVERS EVERYONE PANIC. You know your game is ****ed up when there are more Secondary Mod servers up then your own game. Shows how great your mod is.

Too bad not many of us in the US like evm, Its bull****.

*You know what I take that back ADV melee wouldn't be too bad if the animations were like this*

http://forum.esforces.com/showthread.php?t=53326&page=1&pp=30

iatleast it isn't as buggy asb4 (people using bugs to their advantage like runnig with spirit bombs , people using the genric beam double mous button fast charge bug ,

1.2.1 was a "bugdate" , 1.2.3 is a lot smore stable , the code is coming along nicely aswell , so , bleh

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the only thing that 1.2.2 and 1.2.3 does is disable won-lan play, nothing els.
if i would chouse 1.2 or 1.1 then 1.1, nocrappy adv. melee(it's not even advanced, advanced meand better and this is not better at all) and no baging about how good you can do combo's while a lot of ppl doesn't even know 1 while they play the game already from the start.
dont take it to personal, it's my opinion, no one can get me diverent.

Best answers
SAIYAN_OVERLORD said:
iatleast it isn't as buggy asb4 (people using bugs to their advantage like runnig with spirit bombs , people using the genric beam double mous button fast charge bug ,

1.2.1 was a "bugdate" , 1.2.3 is a lot smore stable , the code is coming along nicely aswell , so , bleh
Yeah, you're absolutely right. 1.2 is SO much more balanced, I mean, you can kill someone in one combo without even trying. Ya, that is definately balanced... Ow ow!!! and the kiblob is so much fun, it eats all your fps, not to even mention buu's invisibility bug!

Expanding means complication and complication means flaws and for some people flaws mean abuse. B1.1 was simple, but simple enough to keep killer-exploits in the distance and to keep it enjoyable, something 1.2 could never accomplish in my eyes.

Either way, I'm glad 1.3 is taking a turn for the better (or so I hear). Until then, there isn't very much I or anyone can do about it.

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
niobe said:
the only thing that 1.2.2 and 1.2.3 does is disable won-lan play, nothing els.
if i would chouse 1.2 or 1.1 then 1.1, nocrappy adv. melee(it's not even advanced, advanced meand better and this is not better at all) and no baging about how good you can do combo's while a lot of ppl doesn't even know 1 while they play the game already from the start.
dont take it to personal, it's my opinion, no one can get me diverent.
Actually you're stating 1.2.2 and 1.2.3 are nothing but WON disabelers. You're wrong, you won't believe how many bugs have been fixed, even a map has been added.

I'm not even going to comment on "it's not even advanced"

Up untill I have seen nothing but complaints from you, without even a little input that might help us improve.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
but how can i inprove the uninproveable...........?
and i complane becours no one AND I MEAD NO ONE did even lissen to anything i say to help, i already had 2 melee idea's, 1 big tread about the aura inprovement(and no, the 1.3 one looks weak) and not to mention some attacks i said where(in esf-team eyes) unballanced.
Actually you're stating 1.2.2 and 1.2.3 are nothing but WON disabelers. You're wrong
try to play on won-lan, i bet you cant play anymore.
btw, wy did they only release exe files for the updates?.............i bet they are just chicken.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
try to play on won-lan, i bet you cant play anymore
Well somebodies been paying attention, the WON network went down months ago, of course ESF's not going to work with WON, because WON doesn't exist anymore. If you'd actually read the text that came with each release you'd know what was fixed and what was added.

wy did they only release exe files for the updates?.............i bet they are just chicken.
I'd love to know how you came to that conclusion.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
niobe said:
but how can i inprove the uninproveable...........?
and i complane becours no one AND I MEAD NO ONE did even lissen to anything i say to help, i already had 2 melee idea's, 1 big tread about the aura inprovement(and no, the 1.3 one looks weak) and not to mention some attacks i said where(in esf-team eyes) unballanced.

try to play on won-lan, i bet you cant play anymore.
btw, wy did they only release exe files for the updates?.............i bet they are just chicken.
If it's "unimproveable", then how could you suggest suggestions that would, you know, improve it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom