ESF Beta 1.0 and Gamespy => crash

Best answers
Hi !

sorry for my english but im french......

my problem is using gamespy with ESF : with other mods, no pb i can play thought gamespy but with ESF the connection with the server begin (in the console) , i have the autentification WON and after it crash and i come back onto windows :( :( with no error / log :( :(

if someone can help me :) ;)

++

Best answers
some news :

i know why i cant play thought gamespy/all seeing eyes : it work well when esf is configured in D3D/Software : when i set it in opengl, it crash during the connection to the server.....

But when i connect to a server by using directly HL (in the Internet Games Menu), it runs well (no crash in opengl).....

Geforce 4 with deto 41.09 + Nvrefresh tool 2.1 (maybe the pb, i'm going to try with defaults frequency)

++

EDIT : i cant let ESF configured in D3D because i've got a very little framerate (dont understand why) and after few minutes, HL crash my computer......so i have no choice of render : OPENGL and nothing else.

Best answers
why would you want to use gamespy? its just an unneeded extra program

Best answers
I dont use Gamespy with ESF, like Fixxxer mentioned, its just one more uneeded program open

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the best programme and the one i use for all my games is the all seeing eye :smile:

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
http://www.udpsoft.com/eye

The all-seeing eye is all anyone should need. I haven't tried gameshark, but good god gamn the all seeing eye is fast. Gamepsy took me at least 5 minutes to cycle through all of the half life servers and find ESF with its crappy filter. The All Seeing Eye took less than 3 seconds. 5 minutes X 60 seconds = 300, 300/3 = 100... about a hundred times as fast!* Trust me, it's worth it. Make the switch... no more rediculous popups asking you to pay for gamespy, and no more loading lag. Say goodbye to that crappy interface and hello to unrestricted gaming pleasure (this is starting to sound like an advertisement, I better rap it up). Just... get it. DO IT! EVIL COMPELLS YOU!

*Results may vary.

Best answers
hum,

i ve the same pb using all seeing eyes :(

someone can help me ?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i'd just try reinstalling halflife and esf first, and reinstalling the latest patch. If that doesnt work get in contact with sierra (via email)

Best answers
contact sierra ? i dont think the pb is HL but it is ESF :

because HL and other mods works OK using gamespy/ASE, but esf dont :(

and if i lanch esf directly in HL, i can find server and launch an internet games : its worked well but i dont have a lot of server :(

so.....

Best answers
then dont use gamespy, just use the in game browser

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom