ESF Addons Topic v1.0

Former Forcepit Member :(
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
like i said it will be more uniqe than the esf one you never know you might come to like it

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
like i said it will be more uniqe than the esf one you never know you might come to like it
Unless you have inside sources, you don't know that. We have yet to release docs for the tournament mode.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Lol I still dont see why they have already started working on ESF 1.3 before its released.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well they making plans and also they only need to code it in to 1.3 at the end of the day xD

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well they making plans and also they only need to code it in to 1.3 at the end of the day xD
The thing is, whats to say that all the commands will be the same? The Addon might not even be capable anymore. For all we know they could make something such as ECX added into ESF 1.3. Something easy to add in your own character or so.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well the major problem you "ESF modders" will have is the fact that most of the stuff is no longer staticly called. Attacks, sounds, effects, characters. There is nothing more static about it. Its all dynamic now. While that makes it easier for us. Itll make it harder for AMXX ^^

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well the major problem you "ESF modders" will have is the fact that most of the stuff is no longer staticly called. Attacks, sounds, effects, characters. There is nothing more static about it. Its all dynamic now. While that makes it easier for us. Itll make it harder for AMXX ^^
That just means more of a Challenge. Mwahahahhahaha *cough hack deathcough *..... Yea.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I remember one of the coders (I think PCJoe) hating EEX (or whatever the 1.1 version of EVM was called) and stating that it would no longer be possible to do in 1.2. That didn't work out too well :p

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I see that madnoob still fails @ proving his truths. People are right. How can you be so sure that DBT's tournament mode will be better/more unique than the one which gonna be implemented in ESF 1.3? You can't know what's gonna be in final ESF. Plus, AFAIK you have no idea about AMXX or w/e coding (well, maybe except XML) and you can't tell if you are able to make that mode at all.

Anyway, IMO the only good idea for now is to make sprites, models, effects and other eye-candy stuff which doesn't need any addons so it could be used.

Will see if we are able to do anything with ESF 1.3 by AMXX after it's released.

And yeah. I've writen the first sentence because I dislike you (not hate, but dislike).

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I see that madnoob still fails @ proving his truths. People are right. How can you be so sure that DBT's tournament mode will be better/more unique than the one which gonna be implemented in ESF 1.3? You can't know what's gonna be in final ESF. Plus, AFAIK you have no idea about AMXX or w/e coding (well, maybe except XML) and you can't tell if you are able to make that mode at all.

Anyway, IMO the only good idea for now is to make sprites, models, effects and other eye-candy stuff which doesn't need any addons so it could be used.

Will see if we are able to do anything with ESF 1.3 by AMXX after it's released.

And yeah. I've writen the first sentence because I dislike you (not hate, but dislike).
:laff:
yawn your getting boring so i will ignore your childish behaviour untill you act your age and yes i do know how to code in amxx

Force Pit Member
Best answers
im just wondering how differntly the dbt tournament mode will be different to the esf one
I don't see why you guys are willing to waste time working on a game mode that will be included in 1.3.
it actualy was ment for 1.2 at first, we just didnt wana change the name.

Lol I still dont see why they have already started working on ESF 1.3 before its released.
why not?, its still gona use same hl formats, ist prety good to have premade stuff.

so let me make it clear about dbt.
basicly its gona add characters, it will be nicely balanced and its gona add or improve whatever it can to 1.3, and we are open for sugestions.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What program would you use to make the .xspr?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I kinda forgot. But its either winrar ir winzip ^^

Then again im not fully sure how the whole alpha channel thing works with these new sprites. Its not my area ^^

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
alright, Then I shall look into it and work on making sprites again.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
If you want my opinion. It's rather odd to make something, that hasn't even be released yet. Very much like if you wish to make a mod for a game that hasn't even been released. Sure you can make the models, the sprites, and so on. But you miss the code. Have you guys even though about it? I mean, for all I know. v1.3 will be very much different than v1.2.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sky that goes for straight mods that actually use the game code. A lot less for hackjobs during operation such as AMXX.

Since you can make the code and then when you have access to the functions just make an interface for your code and pressto. ^^

Ofcourse depending on the changes they want to make it can get a lot harder. Their biggest problem is the new handling of models, sprites, sounds and all that stuff we have in 1.3

Its one thing if everything is specified by the code. But the story turns when the code is just an interface that reads data from elswhere. Since if they break that system to get a different char ingame, that would most probably brake all the characters taht they dont want to affect. Same goes for sounds and sprites.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom