Dropping adv. melee?

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I agree. Advanced Melee is interesting to watch the first time, but too slow and not largely enough based on skill.

Best answers
This may sound a bit odd, I'm not the best of explaining things but I'll give it a try.

I've played this game for about 2 days now, I'd say the melee concept seems very...empty. I mean its true that in DBZ that once they stunned their opponent that they did many different combos...but the fact that I can just rush into someone and do multiple hitting attacks seems very...off in DBZ.
I think the whole combo system should be looked over, I think that if you rush into someone that it should trigger a "Mouse Button Smash" event, Where basically your struggling to fight just to stun them and get the combo that you desire in.
I would also like to think, that more indepth, If your combos hit your target with more then 70% Accuracy (Final blow must hit) That you can give them a KI Blast to the face. Making it seems very DBZish, I'm not trying to knock anyone for their creative works but, I just wanted to add that it would make it more interesting and more of a struggle to actually land combos, with this suggestion in mind it opens up more of a fighting system.
Ahhh and my all time favorite, when two fighters fought each other, I always remember watching the little flashs of white light...I think that would be all in all interesting in that suggestion..Imagine watching in a distance two people duking it out and seeing flashs of light? It would make you feel as if, wow! This is DBZ O_O lol...IMO anyway.
On that note, I also remember at points where Goku for example, fought off more then 1 fighter...So instead of just having the 1 on 1 deal, Make this into a type of brawl. I know this idea of it might seem like "The game would lag" but...The thought of having multiple people to vend off would make it exciting and a challange to turn out to be #1.

I mean I have a world of suggestions for DBZ...but I also need to explore this game a bit more.
All in all, I think melee should just be more depth, then just a few hits and then boom...rinse..wash..repeat
yes, it would be perfect
what does the development team thinks? :)

Best answers
On that note, I also remember at points where Goku for example, fought off more then 1 fighter...So instead of just having the 1 on 1 deal, Make this into a type of brawl. I know this idea of it might seem like "The game would lag" but...The thought of having multiple people to vend off would make it exciting and a challange to turn out to be #1.
I dont know about you but I personally loved fighting more than 1 person with simple melee, it made it so that you had to be fast enough to hit one person while dodging the other, it was plenty of fun doing 2 vs 1. you just had to be fast enough to handle it. I dont know about you're whole idea tbh.
It seems like you want more flashy advanced melee. I wish the team would just focus more on Simple melee, and improving that, than changing around the advanced melee to make it better. That system(advanced melee) is a waste, and imo ESF is towards its end (releases wise) so why bother spending the last couple releases fixing a ****ty system when we could spend it improving a system that worked and has continued to work throughout the releases.

1.Re-instate a targeting system

2.Take off all tele limitations, or if you dont wanna do that, make it less restricted as you trans, to give transing more of an advantage.

3.Make characters more unique.I know characters are already unique with special attacks, but lets be honest. How many people that have been around a long time use attacks like destructo disk, regenerate, eye beam, shield, masenko blast, and such in a Real ESF fight? It's very seldom used, most fights revolve around basic melee, so make some characters hit harder than others but maybe swoop slower, or some teleport further but dont hit as hard, or swoop faster but have a slight teleport delay. simple things such as that would help players find characters that fit their fighting style best. Some people like pulling off teleport moves, like Dark or Spriggan, and someone who would teleport further may work better for their fighting style. Things like that would greatly benefit the game.

4.Make the beam attacks more unique and improve upon the ones we already have, I know that melee is the main system of which people fight, but some people DO like playing with beams and having fun and for that, we should improve the way unique attacks work for characters.Here are just some simple suggestions:

Gohans Shield - Right now all it does is protect you from beam attacks at a great ki cost everytime it absorbs a beam, but lets face it. if you really wanna run from someone shooting a beam, just swoop away from it. some of you might say "that wont work because he can always just blow it up himself in mid air and kill you with the blast" Well thats true, but the shield doesn't protect you against the bast anyways so if thats the case you would be screwed either way. My suggestion is to have gohans shield drain ki as you use it, but if it absorbs a ki attack, have it restore the ki bar,hp bar, or the PL bar a certain amount. That way you can use gohan as a character to help fight beam spammers, and make the shield an attack that would be used more often in actual game play instead of randomly for fun.

Frieza's disk - make it more controllable and faster reacting to commands. as of right now the frieza disk can be used pretty cheaply at times but its pretty easy to stop someone who's spamming it with an SBC or by just being faster than he is. I personally would like to see the turning speed/reaction increased in this attack just for the benefit of making it a more useful attack, because as it stands it seems that its mostly just a hit and miss attack, you cant shoot it past them, turn it behind them and then bring it back to you killing them from behind as frieza did in the show. which is kinda disappointing tbh =\

Destructo Disk - I dont see too much wrong with this except for the fact that the charging time is pretty long on it, and doesn't break into multiple ones. Right now as it stands the DD isn't anything too great at all. Its just like the frieza one, but frieza's is better because you can keep bringing it back and re-shooting it if you miss, so why not make krillins something that can break into multiple ones so that he isn't left with such ****ty attacks, because besides that what does he really have that makes him special attack wise? Nothing...so you might as well give his DD an upgrade.

I have way more suggestions but not enough time to post them all. If you agree with any reply and ltm :D I'm also taking offers to be a beta tester in case any of you mods are wondering lol Seriously though, i feel that my insight could help the game a substantial amount :eek:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom