DREAM MATCH!??!

Only go forward sideways
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŽˆ Advanced
Best answers
Lets see Ichigo can destroy entire buildings in that form. Brolly can destroy entire planets.... no contest.

I have no clue of Narutos 9 tail control abilities as the anime is not that far along yet so ill skip that.

Majin Vegeta is stronger than Gohan during the Cell saga so thats a no brainer .... and a no contest ^^
Well Majin Vegeta is like a slightly stronger SSJ2 aint it? And Gohan was SSJ2 fighting Cell... so I just think that Vegeta would've had a more interesting and intense fight with Cell than Gohan did...

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Thats just the thing, the character progression hasn't been brought about by the original creators. There have been so many renditions of him, he's been practically given every insane power imaginable. And ofcourse Buu Saga Goku vs Original Supes would be a completely unbalanced match, but even taking Goku from a time where his strength or "power level" would rival that of Supes, he'd still win for the sake of having his rigorous Martial training.

Uh...that's because the character has outlived his creators and because he belongs to DC, not the people who made him. To argue that the powers he has today don't count is to argue that Batman is perfectly fine with murdering criminals, because he had no problem doing so in 1940 or whatever. That doesn't make sense, of course. Again, you're trying to pit Goku, at his strongest, against Superman, at his weakest. He couldn't even fly in his original inception. Why would we ignore 74 years of lore and mythology? How is this any different than Goku "training" from DB to the end of DBZ? Should we pit the original Superman against the original Goku and let Supes rip the limbs off of a child?

A Saiyan's growth involves more than just getting beat up and than get stronger afterwards. That is just one of their Racial traits. Another big one is that they just get stronger by fighting. Every fight, whether they win, lose or are currently in makes them stronger. What I intended with that is not that Goku will heal after getting beat up by Supes, that is a big no no with what he is capable of. Instead I meant that if you take Goku from a much future timeline after Dbz, and ignore that Dbgt ever happened, there will come a point when he'll be a match for Superman. If he isn't already.

No, a Saiyan's strength comes from being beaten. The worse off his body is, the stronger he'll be once he recovers. Be it a punch to the face, or a blast through the chest, he becomes stronger because he's taken some kind of damage. They aren't healing during the fight and becoming stronger.

And now you're suggesting we ignore the existing lore and say Goku, from some time off into the future in a series that doesn't exist, would maybe be strong enough to take on Superman. And in the same breath, you're saying Superman should be relegated to the powers he was given in 1938, because it's bull**** that he gets more powerful over the course of 74 years. That doesn't really add up to me. Using your argument, I can easily say Superman's upper limits will only get pushed even further as time goes on, because that's been the pattern since his inception. He's only gotten stronger, and faster, and better in every conceivable way. In this far off distant time period where Goku is stronger than he is at present, Superman will only be that much stronger than him, because again, he is a God. That is his role.

Like I said, with what his power reaches in the end of Buu Saga, Goku's movement using his own energy should have surpassed that of IT. I really don't know all the technical limitations to Light Speed, but if Superman can surpass it using his strength, I assume Goku would be able to as well.

You're not basing that assumption on any form of evidence whatsoever. Saying if Superman can do it, Goku should be able to as well doesn't really make sense because me being able to bench 400 lbs doesn't mean you can. Superman is above and beyond Goku in every conceivable way, including being a genius, and third only to Lex Luthor and Batman.

Well if thats the case, you just can't defeat someone who is, for all intents and purposes, invincible. All the multitude of his creators have basically ended up making an unbeatable character with just one weakness to allow for storytelling. When someone is that unbeatable, why would you even pit him or her against anyone else? Superman abilities don't follow any logic, even in his own universe. So God Mode it is. And the match has been cancelled.

That is precisely the point. Superman is a living God, and can't be defeated. That's why hes the most boring character of all time. The writers have to constantly think of bogus ways to add some kind of conflict to his story. That's the reason for the huge fluctuations in his power. Some writers feel the need to weaken him, to allow readers to empathize with Superman, rather than say, "Oh no. Darkseid is here. I wonder if Superman will lose. Yawn" It's for this reason that the only 2 characters I would pit against Superman in a full on brawl is Sentry and Hulk from WWH. Sentry is essentially a Superman clone, and WWH beat just about everyone with his bare hands. That was the strongest he's ever been to my knowledge in the Marvel Verse.
So pit Goku against Superman again and again. Every time we have this thread, someone decides to match them, because they don't understand Superman at all, nor do they understand the limitations of Goku. It's a pointless battle that can only end one way: a victory for the Man of Steel.

The Prodigy
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Thats just the thing, the character progression hasn't been brought about by the original creators. There have been so many renditions of him, he's been practically given every insane power imaginable. And ofcourse Buu Saga Goku vs Original Supes would be a completely unbalanced match, but even taking Goku from a time where his strength or "power level" would rival that of Supes, he'd still win for the sake of having his rigorous Martial training.
We're not debating Superman pre-crisis Superman because that would just be spite, he would literally fart and Goku would die. Nor are we debating Superboy Prime because he would kill Goku almost as easily. We're talking about regular Superman from the mainstream universe after the crisis. The feats we've mentioned so far are from him.

A Saiyan's growth involves more than just getting beat up and than get stronger afterwards. That is just one of their Racial traits. Another big one is that they just get stronger by fighting. Every fight, whether they win, lose or are currently in makes them stronger. What I intended with that is not that Goku will heal after getting beat up by Supes, that is a big no no with what he is capable of. Instead I meant that if you take Goku from a much future timeline after Dbz, and ignore that Dbgt ever happened, there will come a point when he'll be a match for Superman. If he isn't already.
That doesn't matter. You don't debate characters by speculated progression. You debate them by canon continuity.

Like I said, with what his power reaches in the end of Buu Saga, Goku's movement using his own energy should have surpassed that of IT. I really don't know all the technical limitations to Light Speed, but if Superman can surpass it using his strength, I assume Goku would be able to as well.
Back that up with actual evidence or statements. Ive seen him move really fast. But no where close to the speed of light. Moving at the speed of light is travelling the Earth 7.5 times in a second.

Well if thats the case, you just can't defeat someone who is, for all intents and purposes, invincible. All the multitude of his creators have basically ended up making an unbeatable character with just one weakness to allow for storytelling. When someone is that unbeatable, why would you even pit him or her against anyone else? Superman abilities don't follow any logic, even in his own universe. So God Mode it is. And the match has been cancelled.
Superman is defeatable. Just not by Goku. There are tons of beings in the Marvel/DC universe that are superior than Supes. Superman is a high herald level, which is below all of the transcendents, skyfathers, cube beings, celestials, abstracts, nigh-omnipotent, and omnipotent characters. Goku would be a low herald or mid herald at best if he existed in the Marvel/DC universe.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
๐Ÿ‘ฎ Moderator
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I didn't mean Goku at his strongest. I meant back when he had defeated King Piccolo and could barely fly, when his his abilities would be around same as the original Superman's. And wouldn't have a problem with Superman getting stronger by training, but he was just given them out of the blue with no rhyme or reason. They just rebooted him and made him the Superman he is today.

But it is fine Ren, I am not denying that Supes can beat Goku, seeing as the writers were having having a race of who can bloat Superman the most while still having readers, having Goku be vulnerable is part of his charm. But there in itself is why I root for Goku and love the Dbz series. The story of how a low level warrior evicted from his society for being too weak can become the strongest warrior in existence is why Goku is my most favorite Comic book/Manga character ever. Popularity-wise, I think Goku's good Supes beat.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I didn't mean Goku at his strongest. I meant back when he had defeated King Piccolo and could barely fly, when his his abilities would be around same as the original Superman's. And wouldn't have a problem with Superman getting stronger by training, but he was just given them out of the blue with no rhyme or reason. They just rebooted him and made him the Superman he is today.

But it is fine Ren, I am not denying that Supes can beat Goku, seeing as the writers were having having a race of who can bloat Superman the most while still having readers, having Goku be vulnerable is part of his charm. But there in itself is why I root for Goku and love the Dbz series. The story of how a low level warrior evicted from his society for being too weak can become the strongest warrior in existence is why Goku is my most favorite Comic book/Manga character ever. Popularity-wise, I think Goku's good Supes beat.
Goku's origin story was clearly inspired by Superman's. I'd go so far as to say he's a Supes clone. I hate Superman with a passion, but the idea that Superman's powers are pulled from thin air, and Goku's are the result of complex planning and serious forethought on the part of the writers is absolutely ludicrous and illustrates to me how little you've read. The main difference between the two is Goku is functionally retarded and does absolutely nothing other than fight.

Like a Boss? :O
๐ŸŒ  Staff
๐ŸŒˆ Beta Tester
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
Superman is defeatable. Just not by Goku. There are tons of beings in the Marvel/DC universe that are superior than Supes. Superman is a high herald level, which is below all of the transcendents, skyfathers, cube beings, celestials, abstracts, nigh-omnipotent, and omnipotent characters. Goku would be a low herald or mid herald at best if he existed in the Marvel/DC universe.
The problem with this, is that you are now taking Goku out of his universe and putting him in the DC/Marvel one. Of course he is going to lose some of what makes him great, just like if you took Supes out of DC and put him in the DB universe, he would lose some of what makes him great, because now the other has to abide by the others rules. You have to give them all their stated abilities, and set them in a neutral universe where the things they can do in their own universe aren't dulled or taken away from them.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
He isn't taking him out of his universe. He's assessing his power and capabilities and ranking him as if he were in either dc or marvel. This doesn't remove any of his abilities. It only categorizes him.

Like a Boss? :O
๐ŸŒ  Staff
๐ŸŒˆ Beta Tester
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
That's the issue, he tried to assess his powers and place him in another universe. You need to place them both in to a separate universe that doesn't native to either one. Because then you base their powers on other characters in the universes.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
All of the powers found within DBZ are also found in the Marvel and DC universes. The opposite is not true. Based on past feats and known powers, you can place a dbz character into the realm of superheroes without losing anything. Placing them into a "neutral universe" doesn't mean anything, because then the limitations placed on them in their respective universes no longer matter. Based solely on the powers exhibited by Goku in his universe, one can ascertain where his power lies in comparison to those of the DC and Marvel universes. If you place both characters into a vacuum, with nothing to compare them to except for each other, you're left with a dude who knows karate and a dude who regularly flies through stars to become stronger.

sub

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Couldn't Goku just use instant transmission to go to a planet with a red star and win the fight by default should superman ever want to try?

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Couldn't Goku just use instant transmission to go to a planet with a red star and win the fight by default should superman ever want to try?

sub

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I'll take the silence as an admission of defeat.

To any mods or admins, you can close this thread now. It's over, I've won.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Hybrid vs. My fist

sub

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
(10:00:37 PM) Zeonix Unlimited: (INSERT HORRIBLE LINK HERE THAT I HAD TO CENSOR OUT FOR THE ESF FORUM)
(10:00:53 PM) Zeonix Unlimited: You've paid the price for doubting the man of steel.
(10:00:57 PM) hybrid094: what in the everlasting ****
(10:01:00 PM) hybrid094: would possess you
(10:01:02 PM) hybrid094: to send me this image
(10:01:04 PM) hybrid094: why zeo
(10:01:07 PM) hybrid094: the **** is wrong with you
(10:01:16 PM) hybrid094: i dont give a ****
(10:01:17 PM) hybrid094: about superman
(10:01:18 PM) Zeonix Unlimited: WHY DONT YOU JUST LINK IT TO A RED STAR ******

Judge. Jury. Executioner
๐Ÿ‘ฎ Moderator
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Goku's origin story was clearly inspired by Superman's. I'd go so far as to say he's a Supes clone. I hate Superman with a passion, but the idea that Superman's powers are pulled from thin air, and Goku's are the result of complex planning and serious forethought on the part of the writers is absolutely ludicrous and illustrates to me how little you've read. The main difference between the two is Goku is functionally retarded and does absolutely nothing other than fight.
How can an American comic inspire a Japanese one when Japan already had the FISTS OF THE NORTH STAR! I never said Goku's power are completely original and result of meticulous planning. They share similarities but are each inspired by others much older than themselves. Superman by Hercules and Samson while Goku by Sun Wukong's Journey to the West. Just because both of them are aliens from destroyed planets does not mean they are clones.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Because Superman came out in 1938. DB was based on Journey to the West. DBZ was something entirely different.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
๐Ÿ‘ฎ Moderator
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Elements of DBZ were there in DB. They did take it to entirely new level with the Aliens, but overall the premise was still the same. Someone stronger messing up the world? Get stronger, beat it up.

Also, Bruce Lee wins.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
The similarities between Goku and Superman don't become as pronounced until DBZ, however, when his origin is made clear. For example, as you mentioned:
  • both characters are sent away from their home planets directly before they're destroyed, killing their respective races, and leading both to believe they are the last of their kind. This differs a bit in DBZ, because it isn't even revealed he's an alien until the arrival of Radditz.
  • Both characters are are raised by the elderly in the countryside, and taught values that would later lead them to becoming kind and protectors of the weak.
  • Both characters die, and return from the dead, though Superman less so since he can't really die.
  • Both characters are eventually introduced to others belonging to their race. Both characters also end up fighting these others, because both are viewed as weak and inferior.
  • Both are able to befriend what remains of their race and form an alliance of sorts.
  • Both eventually learn a specific entity was responsible for the destruction of their home planet and their respective races. Both eventually face and defeat these entities.
  • Both have an Earth-name and a name given to them by their respective races.
But most damning of all is Toriyama's admission that the entire alien twist was derived from Superman 2, the film:

http://voices.yahoo.com/the-similarity-between-superman-goku-moses-126473.html

DBZ's Goku is Toriyama's answer to Superman, altered and modified to appeal to Japanese audiences.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
๐Ÿ‘ฎ Moderator
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
It says he just got the idea for the Origin Story. So in that regard you are right. I doubt it was the whole thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom