Dragonball Z Tenkaichi 2 -- Revolution

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mogwai said:
Meh, I really don't have anything to say about it, it really doesn't look all that great, scans and videos don't prove anything, just wait until the game comes out and we will see.

Just look at the vid, There are only a few new things I saw, but in the end it's like "Meh"

Gamefly first.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SailorAlea said:
I think it's hilarious that you guys typically go through the same stages every time a new DBZ game is released, ending up forgetting how abysmally dissapointing the last game was, and frustrated when you end up wasting your money (a.k.a. being suckered in) and then the next game comes out.
Okay.

And what if this game actually is any good?

That'd be hilarious, don't you think?

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Shiyojin Rommyu said:
Okay.

And what if this game actually is any good?

That'd be hilarious, don't you think?
Uh huh. Have the last four been? Or most any other in the franchise?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You prolly will be bored with this game in a matter of weeks.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SailorAlea said:
I'd say that's more a matter of opinion than anything.

Even so, I think it's unfair to judge T2 based on past games (seeing as how Budokai doesn't really have anything to do with the Tenkaichi games, as the style is quite different, other than that they're both based on DBZ.).

I personally think that T2 seems to be a big improvement over T1.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Shiyojin Rommyu said:
I'd say that's more a matter of opinion than anything.

Even so, I think it's unfair to judge T2 based on past games (seeing as how Budokai doesn't really have anything to do with the Tenkaichi games, as the style is quite different, other than that they're both based on DBZ.).

I personally think that T2 seems to be a big improvement over T1.
I'd say "saying my opinion is an opinion" is common sense. Most personal statements are opinions. And the general consensus of the gaming world has been that the Budokai series has been lackluster with a focus on cinematic gameplay and graphics rather than deep gameplay. Budokai 3 was the only one with any even remote lasting enjoyment, at least for anybody I know.

It's not unfair to edit: judge games based on the games the same studio has made (a.k.a. the first Tenkaichi) or the other games in the same franchise.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Meh, I enjoy the games from a fan's pov. Sure, it's awesome if the gameplay rocks. For me, that means having awesome DBZ esque features of gameplay. But it'd the graphics, characters, forms and attacks that make it rock for me! I love the Budokai games just for the fact that it's DBZ, and it's 100x better than Final Bout for the PS1 which sucked worst than any game I've ever played in every aspect. Tenkaichi didn't have the best gameplay, but it also had toned down the graphics compared to B3, which really took away from it. The models bugged me since the heads seemed too squarish somehow.

T2 looks like it'll have it all! I'll love it no matter what, especially if it has accurate cutscenes for the SS3 Power Up! Good God, how long I've been waiting to see that in 3D...I remember I went nuts simply when seeing the SS3 scene in Buu's Fury for the GBA...

Anarchistguy

A
To those who think next to nothing of this game, let me ask you this:

What in the HELL are you doing STILL posting in this thread? It's OK to give negative comments a couple of times, but it seems some of you bash the game just for the hell of it. So I ask you this second question:

What's your god damn problem? TELL US ONCE AND FOR ALL instead of complaing like spoiled rotten rich kids.

If you're not happy with all the awesomeness we've seen here, follow this simple procedure:

MAKE YOUR OWN ****IN' GAME!!!

Have a nice day :)

Best answers
Despite the person above me and his rather vulgor post i do have to agree.

Let the past die so be it, it has been said a many of time by people that seem to just clone out of no where, that this game will flop, it will just be another tenkaichi with alot of clones.

Fact is people don't care, think of it this way if we all complained about the games design, then a new design would come out, perhaps better or perhaps worse, as a fighting game it is lackluster, as a dbz game is pretty spot on.

If you don't like it that is fine, but if i can look back through posts and find the exact words of your opinions stating you still won't like it, and people will get bored of it quickly, wouldn't that count as spam?

Ah well it is useless saying this i know, because the fact of the matter is you will respond with omg it was just my opinion, or something stupid like that, but just wait till the game is out then pass the useless judgements on it.

Your standing in the esf community, means nothing when it comes to the preview/review of a game, so i really don't know why you guys bash stuff just give opinions on it, dont say nope its gonna flop like the last one did, and the one before that etc.

They didn't flop you know, most of the them, if not all of them are greatest hits, and that is because it is the dbz franchise this is true, but they are also fun, all games get boring with time, unless they are persistent and always adding new things.

Anarchistguy

A
I usually try my best at being a polite guy, but seeing all those guys complaining, I just snapped. I hate it when people are ungrateful after a company gave it their best trying to give us a good product. IMO

I know, I haven't played the game yet, but neither have the rest of those guys. So there's no need to be so harsh on it either.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mogwai said:
because the fact of the matter is you will respond with omg it was just my opinion, or something stupid like that, s.
LOL!!!

I Partily agree with Mogwai although the game seems cool we gotta wait to play it to find out and see it's true colors.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mogwai said:
Despite the person above me and his rather vulgor post i do have to agree.

Let the past die so be it, it has been said a many of time by people that seem to just clone out of no where, that this game will flop, it will just be another tenkaichi with alot of clones.

Fact is people don't care, think of it this way if we all complained about the games design, then a new design would come out, perhaps better or perhaps worse, as a fighting game it is lackluster, as a dbz game is pretty spot on.

If you don't like it that is fine, but if i can look back through posts and find the exact words of your opinions stating you still won't like it, and people will get bored of it quickly, wouldn't that count as spam?

Ah well it is useless saying this i know, because the fact of the matter is you will respond with omg it was just my opinion, or something stupid like that, but just wait till the game is out then pass the useless judgements on it.

Your standing in the esf community, means nothing when it comes to the preview/review of a game, so i really don't know why you guys bash stuff just give opinions on it, dont say nope its gonna flop like the last one did, and the one before that etc.

They didn't flop you know, most of the them, if not all of them are greatest hits, and that is because it is the dbz franchise this is true, but they are also fun, all games get boring with time, unless they are persistent and always adding new things.
The fact is that people don't care whether you care or not. I'm sorry you know so little of reality that you think that when anything is mentioned (especially something with such a record/past like the Budokai series), that only positive things will be said.

I never said the series was horrible--I merely commented upon how it's hilarious how you--the people who are jumping on anybody who disagrees with you--go through the same cycles with every release of a new DBZ game.

They are 'greatest hits' because of series loyalty--not because they're great games.

Anarchistguy said:
I usually try my best at being a polite guy, but seeing all those guys complaining, I just snapped. I hate it when people are ungrateful after a company gave it their best trying to give us a good product. IMO

I know, I haven't played the game yet, but neither have the rest of those guys. So there's no need to be so harsh on it either.
In response to your previous post and this one, what am (I? We? Whatever--you addressed a multiple in reference to a singular person) "still" doing in this thread? I check this thread occasionally and after reading, felt like commenting. That's what.

If your childish, mindless mindset were univeral, we wouldn't have things like movie critics, game critics, etc--nor would anybody have any opinion of anything, because if you did--you'd have to go "MAKE YOUR OWN ****IN' GAME!!!," right? Think before you speak, please.

The entire point of my posts were that Spike, Atari, Dimps--etc--they try to get you to buy their products, putting as little effort in as possible, counting on the rabid loyal fans of the series to make the game a success. Which is why you're not going to see people playing games like the Budokai series at a gaming convention/tournament, and you -will- see games like Tekken 5, Dead or Alive, etc being played. Not because they're "DBZ games" but because they're poorly made.

-------

And as for Mogwai, I was pointing out that the whole "that's just an opinion" remark is foolish, because it's obvious to anyone over the age of three that a statement regarding the likelihood of quality in a game based on the previous games is an "opinion."

Saying "that's just YOUR opinion!" doesn't change the value of the statement it's refering to in any way, shape or form.

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SailorAlea said:
Like others say, thats your opinion alone.
I know tons of people who LOVED Budokai 3, maybe Tenkaichi wasnt all that great but true DBZ fans enjoyed it.

I was really excited about Budokai 3 at the time, and I'm still not dissapointed of it, playing it every once in a while too.

Budokai Tenkaichi didnt cought my eye like Budokai 3 did but this Budokai Tenkaichi 2 seems to be a cool combination between BT and B3, something definatly worth checking out.

Not the mention the sellings of most DBZ games were rather big.

Which is why you're not going to see people playing games like the Budokai series at a gaming convention/tournament, and you -will- see games like Tekken 5, Dead or Alive, etc being played. Not because they're "DBZ games" but because they're poorly made.
I dont think much people care about that too.

They are 'greatest hits' because of series loyalty--not because they're great games.
The loyal fans think it's great enough for them to buy it.

Anarchistguy

A
SailorAlea said:
If your childish, mindless mindset were univeral, we wouldn't have things like movie critics, game critics, etc--nor would anybody have any opinion of anything, because if you did--you'd have to go "MAKE YOUR OWN ****IN' GAME!!!," right? Think before you speak, please.
OK

1) Don't you talk to me like that. You think that disagreeing with me can make you talk to me like I'm mentally challenged?

2) Not all of us are suckered in buying the game. Some of us RESEARCH information, DOCUMENT oursleves before purchasing the product.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SailorAlea said:
I think it's hilarious that you guys typically go through the same stages every time a new DBZ game is released, ending up forgetting how abysmally dissapointing the last game was, and frustrated when you end up wasting your money (a.k.a. being suckered in) and then the next game comes out.
Your opinion is not what everyone is bothered about with that remark, its the way its so scathing towards anybody who share another opinion or has hopes or expectations which makes it offensive and an insult to their intellegence. However, i agree to a point, every one of the budokai games have followed the same path of judgement on these forums.

I liked the last game alot, i played it with my friends all the time untill the cd got so scratched i cudnt play it. It was boring as hell on my own though, after you complete the game and get through the ultimate battle thing with your fav character, there's really nothing more to bring you back to it. I dont expect tenkaichi 2 to be any different, but scince its a beat em up/duel game I know I'll get it because playing games of that genre with your friends is always what makes them shine the most.

On a side note, I guess you can value critics for all sort of reasons, I do myself, but the fact is criticism shouldnt belittle others.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Forum flaming isn't needed or wanted, just keep it down a little and remeber we are people and people have feelings and opinions.

Best answers
Sailor Alea i pretty much was speaking directly to you on that remark i made, you have bashed just about every dbz game that didn't have a decent fighting system.

Truly sorry that not all games can be esf, but don't bash them because they aren't either.

I research games quite a bit before i buy them, however a dbz game doesn't need much research cause quite frankly, you can't make a deep dbz game.
The fighting is to fast paced to even worry about how a kick looks, or how a punch may hit, quite frankly i would be happy even with blurry punches besides the strong hit to the face gut etc.
I buy dbz games because i don't expect much, but for you to bash the series because you think it will be as bad if not worse then the others is meh.

Ah well as said before you will come back with a witty comment or something stupid like that, so this was basically a waste of my time.

Not to go off topic here is my on topic comment.

The trunks ultimate is awesome!

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SailorAlea said:
I'm sure if they made new episodes of Hikaru no Go, you'd buy right into it. Even if they did suck, you'd still be a loyal fan. Then what happens if they make more new ones? You'd buy into it again hoping that they'd do a better job. Don't say its not true, because I know it is. It happens with everyone. It doesn't have to be video games. Movies, books, music, tv shows, all of which has dissappointed people in the past and present.

Best answers
wow sailor.....i think like..4 people just owned you....anyways ontopic....this game looks so much better than the first because of the fact that the arenas are SO much bigger..and plus that rpg type story they are adding.......im goin to do what i always do with new games..rent...observe...then buy if its good...see renting costs only 8 dollars..and if the game sucks..i never have to look at it again.....but if its truly awsome and i know ill keep playing it..ill buy it..cheris and love it and call it schnoookums.....ehem...but yeah..game looks awsome...majuub pwned the **** out of gogeta at the end XD

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Super Veggeto said:
Like others say, thats your opinion alone.
I know tons of people who LOVED Budokai 3, maybe Tenkaichi wasnt all that great but true DBZ fans enjoyed it.

I was really excited about Budokai 3 at the time, and I'm still not dissapointed of it, playing it every once in a while too.

Budokai Tenkaichi didnt cought my eye like Budokai 3 did but this Budokai Tenkaichi 2 seems to be a cool combination between BT and B3, something definatly worth checking out.

Not the mention the sellings of most DBZ games were rather big.

I dont think much people care about that too.

The loyal fans think it's great enough for them to buy it.
And like I said before, saying "that's just your opinion" has absolutely no effect whatsoever on the statement it refers to.

I already acknowledged Budokai 3 was the best of the series, not as bad as the others. And whether or not you think people care isn't my concern--people don't treat them as serious games because they're not serious games, which proves -MY- point. That they rely on the DragonBallZ name to sell the game, rather than the quality of the game.

Anarchistguy said:
OK

1) Don't you talk to me like that. You think that disagreeing with me can make you talk to me like I'm mentally challenged?

2) Not all of us are suckered in buying the game. Some of us RESEARCH information, DOCUMENT oursleves before purchasing the product.
You're not in a position to tell me how I should speak to you. Of you and I, which is the one who baselessly attacked the others for making an observation? It was you. You then tried to post immediately afterwards, realizing your mistake--if you hadn't, I would've referred you to another moderator. You should try reading your own post.

The fact that these games are bought, and then forgotten and buried under a stack of other games is proof that you were 'suckered in,' as compared with other games still being played years after their release, like Smash Bros. Melee.

Mogwai said:
Sailor Alea i pretty much was speaking directly to you on that remark i made, you have bashed just about every dbz game that didn't have a decent fighting system.

Truly sorry that not all games can be esf, but don't bash them because they aren't either.

I research games quite a bit before i buy them, however a dbz game doesn't need much research cause quite frankly, you can't make a deep dbz game.
The fighting is to fast paced to even worry about how a kick looks, or how a punch may hit, quite frankly i would be happy even with blurry punches besides the strong hit to the face gut etc.
I buy dbz games because i don't expect much, but for you to bash the series because you think it will be as bad if not worse then the others is meh.

Ah well as said before you will come back with a witty comment or something stupid like that, so this was basically a waste of my time.
The only DBZ games I've "bashed" in the previous posts have been the Budokai series, and I didn't arbitrarily say they were bad. However, compared to the serious heavyweights in the genre, they're really basic, and rely only on the DBZ franchise to sell them. You say "every game can't be ESF," but ESF proves that a game based on Dragonball can be more than pretty graphics.

KidBoy17 said:
I'm sure if they made new episodes of Hikaru no Go, you'd buy right into it. Even if they did suck, you'd still be a loyal fan. Then what happens if they make more new ones? You'd buy into it again hoping that they'd do a better job. Don't say its not true, because I know it is. It happens with everyone. It doesn't have to be video games. Movies, books, music, tv shows, all of which has dissappointed people in the past and present.
The point is that the -last- episodes of Hikaru no Go were good, whereas the Budokai series has mostly been a string of dissapointments. If I was left with a good last impression, sure, I'd take a chance on the new ones. I was commenting though, that despite initial skepticism, most of the fans in this thread (and previous threads) end up forgetting their skepticism, only to be dissapointed once they plunk down $50 for the new game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom