Dragon Ball Live Action Trailer

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lols, i think even these guys will give the live action a run for their money:

<EMBED src=http://www.youtube.com/v/SHg-NtQs-Hc&hl=en&fs=1 width=425 height=344 type=application/x-shockwave-flash allowfullscreen="true"></EMBED>
I came.

That is more like it.

Best answers
Well goku shouldn't have a tail in the Piccolo Jr Saga since he trained with kami and had it removed. But then again he shouldn't be training with roshi or should be wearing casual clothes. in my opinion this is not gonna remind anyone about dragonball, and the imdb rating is gonna be worse than 2 xD

Fox takes any chance of profit they can and uses it to create a cheap movie, i hear the max payne movie isn't very good either but atleast they made that a little like the real thing. The characters don't resemble the ones in the anime as everyone has pointed out.

I mean WTF is the point of making something like this, fox would get more money if he stuck with the fans and many people that arn't DB addicts will still watch and like it because of the original show. of course on the other hard this would be long turn profit and fox would say something like "aaah crap we can't afford this shizzle!". If you really love dragonball, and don't want to see a screwed movie, you mustn't go near it!! Atleast 20 mile radius xD

Note: That fungilsoft.net vid with C17 and C18 vs Gohan would probably make more money than DB Live Action if it would be sold. BTW Gohan pwn3d cell and to be beaten by C17 and C18 is impossible!

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Are you nuts? Do you think if this movie fails that anyone will ever make another attempt? No, this is the one shot, or it never happens at all. Not unless you let 20 years go by or something. Just count your blessings.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just saw that on the movie website today. And mostly he rates it down purely based on Roshi and Shenron being mostly unseen, so for me this is a good sign :)

He makes the action sound pretty epic. 15 minutes of just fighting between Piccolo and Goku? ****, I'm sold! And he even mentions FLYING scenes! Well well, this is turning out better than I'd hoped :)

And Chris Sabat IS voicing Shenron!! Hot DAMN!

And even better, supposedly the trailer we all saw wasn't official, nor meant for public viewing because they hadn't completed many effects shots yet. Supposedly, the trailer we'll see in "Day the Earth Stood Still" will be much different, and based on the aforementioned effects work, it'll be MUCH more epic!

My faith in this film is getting pretty solid =)

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Overall, I would give the movie a 6.5/10 simply because i was expecting disaster but it turned out better.
Keeping in mind that he is a diehard dbz fan, I'm fairly certain we're going to see some pretty low scores from everyone who doesn't love the anime.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Keeping in mind that he is a diehard dbz fan, I'm fairly certain we're going to see some pretty low scores from everyone who doesn't love the anime.
He said he'd rate it a 9 if Roshi were perverted and Shenron were visible. Keep THAT in mind.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
He said he'd rate it a 9 if Roshi were perverted and Shenron were visible. Keep THAT in mind.
That goes back to him having a dbz hard on. Most of the people in the comments seem to believe the review was a plant. I don't disagree.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So... Piccolo turns green?

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

I'm not interested.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hey! Was looking through the move website's gallery, and I noticed something about Roshi!

Anyone notice the skimpy anime girl on the shirt he's wearing?

Might just get our pervert Roshi after all :)

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I wish you would stop trying to pretend like this movie isn't complete utter asshattery.

It looks nothing like Dragonball... and it only uses small and miniscule plot aspects.

HOLLYWOOD HAS FAILED!

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VqTjF_xRm3k&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VqTjF_xRm3k&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Yeah...

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, so they at least respect Goku's origins enough, so the movie poster can trick you into thinking you're actually getting what you paid for.

The only thing in this movie that looks right, is Goku's gi... THAT'S IT!

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Screw you guys and your total unwavering pessimism. I don't want to hear it anymore. People call **** on anything that's based on anything. Just like how everyone dumped on the Max Payne film, which I along with my friends who saw it with me, thought was awesome.

It's incredible, I can't even post a piece of good news without people trying to take the piss out of me because I've violated this forum's official deeming of the Dragonball movie as ****. I'm sure Copernicus felt the same way.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hell, I'm not even being pessimistic. If I were, I'd say this movie would make absolutely no money because people are far too smart to pay for this garbage. Or maybe that's me being optimistic. I don't know.

Based on what we've seen so far, however, and based on how awesome movies like "Street Fighter: The Movie" and "Super Mario Bros." and "Double Dragon" were, I'd say this is pretty much going to be trash unless you really, really like the anime, or you're the opposite extreme and don't care at all and would go see a movie called Outlaw Star or Pokemon: The Movie, even if it was about cats flushing toilets:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OVmwnGJmxw[/ame]

Saying that a drawing on that guy's shirt somehow changes everything makes the jump from optimism to blind faith.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I just don't even understand how anyone who remotely liked DBZ could just choose NOT to see the feature live action film regardless of how good or bad it could be! It's completely beyond me, I just don't understand NOT SEEING something that came out of something you enjoyed so much years ago. I don't even understand waiting for the DVD. For better or worse, I'm going to be at the theater on opening night. I don't know, maybe I'm too easy to please, but if you ask me, that's better than sticking up your nose to anything and everything.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Except I don't like DBZ. I like ESF. The team could replace all of the characters with cheerleaders and I wouldn't care.

Personally, I'd rather stick my nose up to anything and everything than stick my nose (and perhaps one's mouth) into anything and everything.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's not necessarily bad hypocrisy, J-Dude, it's kind of justified. He doesn't necessarily have to be an avid Dragon Ball fan to enjoy a 3rd-person fighting game. Then again, his judgements on the live Dragon Ball can be deemed unnecessary if this were true, but this is at the off-chance he isn't just a debater and critic for anything he soils his eyes on. And he likes to debate, criticize, soil eyes on many a topic and research.

This is in no way negative judgement.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Except I'm not the only person in this thread who thinks this film is going to be a pile of ****.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom