Doom 3 Info

Best answers
That arcade machine looks remarkably low detailed...

Is august 3 the worldwide release date? Or only in the USA?

Best answers
It's August 4th actually, that's what the trailer said.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't know what trailer you watched, mine says the 3rd.

Best answers
hihi

I got it, and i was right. Completely hyped. The grafics? yea there cool. But its just another FPS man. I just loved how they got deep in how everything happens. How you slowly see everybody beeing taken over by that hellgate. ... heh.. not.

I've said it before and i'll damn say it again

HL2 > Dewm Tree in so many ways =]

Ohyea and smith? you told me that there was NO WAY OF hacking it since it checks the internet everytime you play? hahahahahaha yea.. Well i got the warez version and i could even play without cracking it rofl. And no no i'm not doing anything illigal. I'm europian so your american laws dont apply too me =]

And about that console, how the hell do you get it too drop? X-x

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Depends who plays it. If you're a HL2 nazi, you're going to like HL2 more ~_~.

Nice double post ;P.

Best answers
I got it, and i was right. Completely hyped. The grafics? yea there cool. But its just another FPS man.
I don't mean to be argumentative, but if you started playing the game with that state of mind, did you really expect to enjoy it? It sounds to me like the only reason you bought the damn game was to confirm for yourself that HL2>Doom3.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Gonadz said:
Well i got the warez version and i could even play without cracking it rofl. And no no i'm not doing anything illigal. I'm europian so your american laws dont apply too me =]
Well correct me if I'm wrong but isn't pirating illegal everywhere?
o_o

Best answers
After seeing the trailer & Legacy video, I'm convinced this is a game I should own. As soon as I get the cash to buy it + some extra RAM, I'm getting it, nervous breakdown or not.

Unfortunately, the European release isn't till two weeks after the American, or so I've heard...

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
God dang, those filthy bastards come crawling out of every ****ing hole. I won't play this game by night, or in the eve. You know with all the lights off, headphones on, nothing but you and the game. It'll give you a nerve breakdown. I just got it, and tried it out a little, and i refuse to play this without daylight.

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Smith| said:
This one is on High Settings:

Why does he have an asian slave?

Anyways, two proplems with this game:

the hand models suck. They are long sticks

the AI could be better, besides that it seems good. and scary.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Gonadz said:
hihi

I got it, and i was right. Completely hyped. The grafics? yea there cool. But its just another FPS man. I just loved how they got deep in how everything happens. How you slowly see everybody beeing taken over by that hellgate. ... heh.. not.

I've said it before and i'll damn say it again

HL2 > Dewm Tree in so many ways =]

Ohyea and smith? you told me that there was NO WAY OF hacking it since it checks the internet everytime you play? hahahahahaha yea.. Well i got the warez version and i could even play without cracking it rofl. And no no i'm not doing anything illigal. I'm europian so your american laws dont apply too me =]

And about that console, how the hell do you get it too drop? X-x
Was that ****ing neccessary, ****hole? The thread is obviously populated by people who are excited to play the game.

So I say when the HL2 thread starts, we all go in there and tell Gonadz how much we think that game sucks.

With a name like gonadz, I suppose behaving like human male genitals is to be expected though.

In any case, I got the game today. I'm installing now...but first a defrag. I want every drop of spare power I can pull. Hehe.

Best answers
SaiyanPrideXIX said:
Was that ****ing neccessary, ****hole? The thread is obviously populated by people who are excited to play the game.

So I say when the HL2 thread starts, we all go in there and tell Gonadz how much we think that game sucks.

With a name like gonadz, I suppose behaving like human male genitals is to be expected though.

In any case, I got the game today. I'm installing now...but first a defrag. I want every drop of spare power I can pull. Hehe.
I literally burst out laughing when I read that :laff:
I won't be trolling in any HL2 thread though, don't want to end up like Gonadz :D

I'm really hyped for this game now. I wasn't all that bothered about it until the release date was confirmed and the game went gold, but now I just can't wait for that damn European release. I just hope that it scares me as much as it should O_O

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
if the game accomplishes one thing... it is defintaly scary.......

Best answers
Heh, pride. Dude i'm just saying what i think about the game. Thats all :D And take it easy, cuz the flaming is out of line. Its you whos acting like a nutsack here :fight:

Best answers
Well i got it and what i thought about Doom3 was right its like the old Doom but with eye candy don't get me wrong it is scary the lighting is good. It just feels like the old game with new graphics i thought it was going to be something different. I agree with Gonadz

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SaiyanPrideXIX said:

Though I'm sure your intentions were of some noble origin, I am still giving you a warning for flaming. That was not necessary.

Gonadz said:
Heh, pride. Dude i'm just saying what i think about the game. Thats all :D And take it easy, cuz the flaming is out of line. Its you whos acting like a nutsack here :fight:
You should not be flaming, either, Nadz...you ought to be setting an example as a member of the staff.

Best answers
There is no such thing as a scary game, the only thing u get is suprise, if u get scared playing doom3 u are really messed in the head.
Tell me how does it scare you omg a zombie and i only have 1 shot left... please. They only go by suprise scare if anything, if u get a normal scare then u really need to get out more.

As for the game its self, i like how they made it look but i still think its all hype for graphics overgameplay. For a hardcore doom3 fan more power to ya i suppose. My self i like doom, but i don't love doom enough to emerse my self into doom 3, watched to many scary movies my scare gland is broken lolz.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just because it doesn't scare you Mogwai, doesn't mean it won't scare people that aren't as "hard" and "tough" as you. When that "they took my baby" part came up, it was pretty damn freaky, and do i dare say, scary !

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mogwai, some of us make some kind of attempt to immerse ourselves in the games we play. If you don't do that at all and you just watch what you're doing completely as though you are uninvolved in it, like a crappily pixelated movie where you guess everything that happens, then yeah I'm sure it wouldn't scare you, but a lot of people like to pretend they actually are a marine battling through hell or w/e, and if you let your imagination go you can get really freaked out by a game. It isn't a matter of "getting out more." I'm sure more people are scared of rollercoasters than of computer games, and rollercoasters aren't much more dangerous.

Best answers
^I agree with Boyster here. If you are actually immersed in a game, then they really can be frigtening. The Silent Hill games for example, sometimes had me so scared that I found it hard to play. I know for a fact that there are a lot of other hardcore and not so hardcore gamers that all get scared while playing games, but I don't think that means that we're all "messed in the head".

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom