Discussion: Scripting/Exploiting

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sephize said:
So u actually had to go up against someone like Roshi huh? How'd that go? 10-0 for the lamer?
What are you trying to say about eithe Roshi or myself? I'm assuming this is a flame that I can't decipher.

Binding teleport to two keys isn't difficult, either. Back in the 1.0 days lots of us (including myself) had teleport scripts. I had a button on the keyboard bound to two teles, on my right mouse for one, and my mousewheel for one, and after a while you get used to it. It's an alternative we shouldn't have had (and don't now). Anyone who is determined to use scripts will presumably get used to them and know when to use them, which gives them the advantage.

Lastly, the fact that somebody else was rude doesn't give you free reign to say whatever you want with any attitude you desire. I asked nicely before, but with the Roshi comment I'm telling you straight out to cool off. Don't hide behind the poor judgement of others.

Best answers
So you would rather the few that have scripts hold an advantage over everyone else? I'm sorry I don't know how it is with servers in your area, but servers in my area have at least 1-3 scripters per server most the time(at least when I go to play). It is extremely frustrating trying to play with this communities idea of "legit play" against people who aren't playing the same way. If there wasn't already groups of people using scripts to their advantage or if there was some way to stop it without hurting the regular joe this wouldn't even be an issue.

Best answers
Sonic Boyster said:
What are you trying to say about eithe Roshi or myself? I'm assuming this is a flame that I can't decipher.

Binding teleport to two keys isn't difficult, either. Back in the 1.0 days lots of us (including myself) had teleport scripts. I had a button on the keyboard bound to two teles, on my right mouse for one, and my mousewheel for one, and after a while you get used to it. It's an alternative we shouldn't have had (and don't now). Anyone who is determined to use scripts will presumably get used to them and know when to use them, which gives them the advantage.

Lastly, the fact that somebody else was rude doesn't give you free reign to say whatever you want with any attitude you desire. I asked nicely before, but with the Roshi comment I'm telling you straight out to cool off. Don't hide behind the poor judgement of others.
Roshi actually said that he had a lame fighting style. Therefor that isn't a flame. However my question was sincere. Did u play against him? And what was the score at the end?

Idd binding teleport isn't hard, but the way u implement it is, like I stated, useless afaik. Unfortunatly I'm not an american to point that out for u in a server and I'm not interested in playing on a, for me, really laggy server.

I don't see why it gave me free reign when someone was rude. I was merely stating my point, afaik that is completely legit. U are human and even u make mistakes. Please explain in full details what I did wrong and when I did that. If someone else uses a "poor" judgement when commenting and u, or any other moderator, do not discipline them or tell them to cool off or say that he should think before posting, I think it is in my full right to use the same kind of judgement as them, seeing as it was basicly OK for them and I know that this kind of judgement can be comprehended by that person.

This thread is just, like i stated in the beginning, really hard for everyone (that i have seen so far. Well except Carnage and somerandomguy) involved to keep the topic civil. By as far as I can tell everything in this topic has been discussed and it is now coming to the point of repeating everything people have already said and just thinking of small situations that were in a way different then their previous posts. Virtually all new posts, that I have seen, with the exception of any posts made by nge, somerandomguy and Carnage, have, in some way, by the ones that are against scripts, a flaw in them which can be easily countered with a post. I'm sure that someone like u should've expected that I would say that a script with a chargeup in it would be rather pointless. See my previous reply for the answer to that. I think the conversations about flaming and whetherornot scripts are unfair advantages should be stopped here, by moderator if necessary.

This topic is starting to go offtopic ever since page 2. Replies are solely aimed at 1 individual and not in general by as far as I've seen, again with the exceptions of Carnage, somerandomguy and nge. I think the object of this thread should now be changed to comment on the suggestion made by somerandomguy: to release the scripts to the public. However it would be nice if people had extremely good arguements on their answer and for some reason, I doubt that would happen, but it is too early to tell that yet. Maybe another thread should be opened with a poll with only a "Yes", "No" and "I don't know" as answers, strictly forbidding any other kind of reply to the thread for the reason that it would just end up in a flamewar from both sides.

Imo I do not need to sit by and watch as other people make fun of me in any way. Just my 2 cents on the matter and I think I did a pretty good job in closing any way to comment on this reply that is aimed at me personally, with only an opening for Sonic Boyster to answer my questions :D.

Best answers
Just a comment on the teleport thing. Yes it is possible though it would have a limited usefulless to my knowledge. You would have to set up a number of teleport/charges to do and it would do them all each key press. So if you need 3 teleports and have it scripted to do 4 you are SOL. Sure you could set it up to have it variable amount of teleports bound to say mouse wheel...but in the end its more work then its worth. You would still be trapped in the teleport till its finished the whole thing. Even if you made it do a small amount of teleports to avoid being trapped you would still have to time each keypress and god forbid you press the key twice by accident. Lord only knows what will happen and I'm not going to make one to go see, but if i had to take a guess I would say the person would probably get stuck in powerup mode and have to figure out how to get out. About the only thing it would be good for is running away...and if thats what your doing I think people would be complaining about the tactic not the script.

Best answers
On the contrary, I would not complain at all if he used that script or that tactic. All I need to do is make sure I fire a generic at the right spot :)

Best answers
Well..
since playing lame is "Smarter than you , Blah blah"
case is closed , from now on everybody pick buu and beamspam in 1v1.
is that lame ? oh no .. its just "Smarter than you." "Better than you."
You know a WW (Swoop script) is the only script i dont really mind about..
i mean , it really isnt THAT fast.. i can do it with 2 clicks on W.
but now lets say.. putting the combo trick ( Instantmelee , whatever you call it).
on a script.. what do you guyz think about that? 1 button puts up 4 arrows that makes it ALMOST impossible to block.
how about using block-lame with a WW script..? thats ALMOST impossible to dodge.
even though i can easily dodge this in my country servers, i cant do it in ESF-w for example.. especially not in Vossey..?
Scripting is LAME .. thats a fact you cannot argue.
Exploits are just the same. yey lets wait 500 hours till some1 comes to you, then block his hit, throw him into the cieling. hit him and then place a turbo/ed generic beam into his face. that would take full life out of a cell player.
lets take a look at the Rolling combo (exploit).
think about it , somehow this exploit is not unstoppable.. you cant get into this situation unless you know where+how to hit your opponent. and if you are not skilled enough to hit your opponent (with actually moving) then he would probably just kill you right? some people just try fighting in the sky to get themselves out of this situation. but then guess what , somebody threw you into the cieling and 6 hit you there. now what?
well lets take this conclusion out of this thread
-------------------------------------------
All of our styles are just dumb, either if its throwing+generic , or if its using 1.1 melee
from now on i **** on all these styles and by this thread im going to take buu and use mouthblast (beam spam) with + running all the time.
why not .. it is Smarter than you. isnt it?

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It is common sense to pick what you believe to be the best advantage against another in competition. Buu is powerful, yet he has flaws, Krillin is fast, though he has flaws. A player learns how to protect their weaknesses, much like a Boxer or Martial Artist. To play fair in a game is idiotic though to play fair is also more ethical or honorable. People do not play fair in anything in this world, so why would anyone expect a lonely mod for an outdated game to be fair (no offense intended)?

I am not trying to bash ESF; I am stating my personal opinions. A street fighter will use anything in their arsenal to win, including using a weapon when not needed. Is that idiotic? No, it is not; as the street fighter is ensuring that he will win and prolong his life. Why should a game be any different? Sure there are cheats that make victory much more of a reality though, what makes people think cheats are unbeatable?

The same thing goes with scripts, what makes you think they do not have a weakness? Everything has a weakness; you just have to have a calm and open mind. If someone is using a blocking script, then you just defeated the main strength by realizing the only way it will work is if he/she sees you or is face you. So guess what that means... You can... Go BEHIND them, or UNDERNEATH them, or better yet, shoot a fully charged beam a few feet away from them.

I did not intend to offend or flame anyone as this stuff to me is common sense. I mean, everyone seems to make a big deal out of someone cheating. The person that witnesses the cheater just immediately wants the cheater to leave. Come on now... Even if the guy has invincibility, you can still annoy the heck out of him by getting around him and knocking him around the map. People automatically give up when they face someone who is cheating or using a script, personally I think it is pathetic.

It is like you entered the Olympics and your competing against one guy who does Steroids. What are you going to do? Waste you years of training just because the guy cheated? Are you just going to give up? I am saying this as though you do not know at that time that he/she takes Steroids. Athletes practically smash their bodies to get into shape; you think they would give up against someone who does Steroids?

Best answers
Well dude without any offense, what youre saying now shows your understanding in this specific game. maybe what youre saying is correct in real life (Street fight)
even though taking a knife to save your life isnt lame is it?
Cheating in ESF isnt as anything else. cheaters in ESF wont even let you charge your "beam" youre talking about. even though in unwrriten rules people play without big beams, (1,2,3) for people who understand. then again if you think youre so smart and go "Behind , Underneath." youre welcomed to try that. if youll pull out with that oh well congratulations, but i guess you dont really understand the meaning of running//Scripting/Exploiting.

Kai.
P.S
If you moderators think that there is any offensive content in my message . please tell me before you close threads.
im Israeli and maybe im abit more offensive than you are used to, if you are then tell me and ill change my speaking style.
since in here some curses barely counts as anything..
thanks

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It is like you entered the Olympics and your competing against one guy who does Steroids. What are you going to do? Waste you years of training just because the guy cheated? Are you just going to give up? I am saying this as though you do not know at that time that he/she takes Steroids. Athletes practically smash their bodies to get into shape; you think they would give up against someone who does Steroids?
hell no, id have to retire after stomping him ;o

Best answers
Hrmm I would ultimately like to see swooping made faster for avg players to level the playing field. All these other scripts are way to overpowering and give too much advantage.

Best answers
Jinks said:
Hrmm I would ultimately like to see swooping made faster for avg players to level the playing field. All these other scripts are way to overpowering and give too much advantage.
Swooping can't be made faster then it is now. I disagree on the 2nd part, as usual. Read 1 of my previous posts for the reason why.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sephize said:
Swooping can't be made faster then it is now. I disagree on the 2nd part, as usual. Read 1 of my previous posts for the reason why.
Why? Because of HL's cap on object speeds?

Untrue. 1.1's swoop was much faster than 1.2.3's swoop.

Best answers
No quicker to response....The swoop script will allow the person to get his swoop off faster. I don't want the speed of the persons actual swoop faster just the speed in which the sperson can get it off faster.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Jinks said:
No quicker to response....The swoop script will allow the person to get his swoop off faster. I don't want the speed of the persons actual swoop faster just the speed in which the sperson can get it off faster.
I see, yes, that would indeed be good. :3

Best answers
If I get this correctly u want to have it that it actually has a wait before u can press it again? Well good luck with that... The thought alone is ridiculous imo. People would actually be sitting there "WHY DOESNT IT GO?!" when they doubletap too fast...

Best answers
Sephize said:
If I get this correctly u want to have it that it actually has a wait before u can press it again? Well good luck with that... The thought alone is ridiculous imo. People would actually be sitting there "WHY DOESNT IT GO?!" when they doubletap too fast...
Goodness misunderstanding after misunderstanding going on in here. Let me see if I can clear things up....

Jinks is saying he wants to ability to quickly go into a swoop. Though Jinks if you look in the design documents you will see there will be one key press swooping. I know that doesn't exactly help right now, but at least its something. Heck who knows maybe the vote for that script pack will swing around and that will hold people over?

Best answers
Seph you use a swoop script so you don't have to dble tap swoop....that is what I want available to the public. Not all these scripts which let you charge and turbo at the same time or anything like that. I basically was hoping for the dev team to get rid of dble tap swooping or let us get rid of it to even the playing field.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why don't you all just...learn to play the game, the way it was made, instead of debate whether your completely unnecessary add-ons are ethical or not?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SaiyanPrideXIX said:
Why don't you all just...learn to play the game, the way it was made, instead of debate whether your completely unnecessary add-ons are ethical or not?
As long as there are people who do not play to play, but play to win, at any cost, then this discussion will never cease. I understand your frustration, but it is something we, as players, can do little about.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SaiyanPrideXIX said:
Amen

Cudnt have put it better myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom