Discussion: Scripting/Exploiting

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I play to win, but if i have to use scripts or exploits to do so, there's just no point in playing the game. As Pride said, learn to play the game as is.

Best answers
somerandomguy said:
Goodness misunderstanding after misunderstanding going on in here. Let me see if I can clear things up....

Jinks is saying he wants to ability to quickly go into a swoop. Though Jinks if you look in the design documents you will see there will be one key press swooping. I know that doesn't exactly help right now, but at least its something. Heck who knows maybe the vote for that script pack will swing around and that will hold people over?
Isn't it either 1 direction or all directions? Personally I don't like left, right and back to be 1 hit swoop. Making the forward swoop available to the public, clearly shown in the vote, isn't going to work.

It's also strange that he decided to change his opinion to only forward swoop allowed...

SaiyanPrideXIX said:
Why don't you all just...learn to play the game, the way it was made, instead of debate whether your completely unnecessary add-ons are ethical or not?
Good question. Why are we still debating on this? I'm not going to stop until lamers stop laming, which is never going to happen. Now I'm learning how to play the game... with scripts...

Apparently only u people have a problem with that, not the ones that script.

Best answers
well I have to say this is getting quite heated :p

now I think Pride is right because yes lamers lame but wouldn't you rather be the better person and just beat them by pure skill instead of how many times they can hit you across the floor?

as Sep if you dislike lamers so much then don't let that hate turn into something which makes others hate you even more

and with the new 1.3 outline I personally think that scripting/hacking and laming will only get worse until the people that hate it say "Look were tired of it and were going to do something to stop it"

thats what I think anyway as I can see the only difference between those who script and those who don't is morality

Best answers
My tune has never changed if thats directed towards me.

As for scripts and stuff getting abused more and more....probably. I can forsee this happening. What needs to be done is identify the scripts that just help e.g. Swoop, afk, etc. Then Identify the scripts that are just overpowering e.g. Charge/turbo, tele, etc.

Best answers
To Desmond: Read 1 of my previous replies on beating lamers with pure skill.

I can let go of my pride, afterall it's just a game.

To Jinks: I believe u already refused to read anything about scripts and how they were made. I do believe the team has better things to do aswell. Also each script has a down side. Read 1 of my previous posts about that.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I can't believe this is even a discussion. There is no reason to use scripts. Don't bother using lamers as an excuse to use them, because quite frankly, lamers are damn easy once you've recognized their pattern (people who throw a lot can do little else, people who shoot beams into crowds and then run away are usually horrible at melee, etc). People who use nothing but melee aren't lamers, they're just on their way to becoming good at the game.

If you can't beat lamers, then fight bots or use your brain to figure out a way to defend yourself. Scripts are an unfair advantage that no one should use.

Best answers
uh Zeonix...how exactly do u beat the lamer who has faster swoops than u do because he only requires one button press to activate it?

U cant use long range cause...again...ONE BUTTON PRESS, and hes out of the way.

Wanna melee him? whoops, no go, hes outmanueverin u cause he has twice the reaction speed cause it takes him half the time it takes u to activate swoop.

It's annoying as hell...and sometimes u just cant deal with it. It is definitely a problem.

It's too bad it will never be solved...personally I think the way to do this is just as Jinx said...release a public single tap swoop script so EVERYONE can be on a fairly level playing field.

It's only right.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
someone1074 said:
uh Zeonix...how exactly do u beat the lamer who has faster swoops than u do because he only requires one button press to activate it?

U cant use long range cause...again...ONE BUTTON PRESS, and hes out of the way.

Wanna melee him? whoops, no go, hes outmanueverin u cause he has twice the reaction speed cause it takes him half the time it takes u to activate swoop.

It's annoying as hell...and sometimes u just cant deal with it. It is definitely a problem.

It's too bad it will never be solved...personally I think the way to do this is just as Jinx said...release a public single tap swoop script so EVERYONE can be on a fairly level playing field.

It's only right.
You're making it sound like its the worst thing on earth, yet you want EVERYONE to use it. I don't see the logic there, because everyone won't use it, a lot of people won't. In the end, you're just going to end up screwing over the people who won't. Its really as simple as that.

Can we please not screw those people over? It's only right.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If one guy in a wrestling competition was using steroids, would you want to give everyone else in the competition steroids too? No of course not. You would tell him he is cheating, and that any win he has made because of it is void.

It's the exact same thing here.

Remember kids, Communism doesn't work. Giving everyone the same "advantage" is a horrible idea, and would never work.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Agreed. This whole thread is ridiculous, and if I were in charge, it wouldn't be here at all.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Agreed. I think we've seen the range of arguements and are pretty much going in circles now. Take what you will from this thread. Some people are always gonna say scripting is cheating, some will say it's not. Personally, I don't like it, but don't think it's so bad *IF* you can do what it does just as well without the script. This would be stuff like using a Bunny Hop/Glide Jump script in Natural Selection for skulks. Just keeps people from having to jam the button/use the wheel. But of course even that can be exploited by n00bs who don't have timing. Anyway, I'm closing this down. Not because of immaturity, but because we're going in circles. Eventually, this topic will come up again, as it always does and ya can discuss more. SO for now, no more scripting threads.

*administracated*

-Karrde-

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom