diablos' art kinda style thread thing ~ wooo o/

Best answers
I wanted to take a break from trying new things and do something normal for a change. 'Feels good.

Its a replacement concept for a mod (you can see the original in the corner), the gun is transparent so you can see the armour which is what the picture is for. Shading is not complete yet.

Best answers
I'm diggin the black knight evil trash can helmut of doom. [Monty python w00000]

Great concept

awsome work =P

Do you sketch first, then inc in PS ? or do you do that all with a tablet ?

[I suck with the tablet .. it doesnt have any friction ....so I dont like it.]

Best answers
Its all tablet, if i'm drawing on paper 1st i'll mention it as its uncommon for me to do so.

Best answers
lmao I put a piece of paper over my wacom, has a nicer feel now, but i still suck with it,

Your work is really impressive, love it man. Wish i had some constructive crits to give, but im too busy in awe at your ability to create a scene around your character. O_O

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It is common knowledge that Diablos is having my babies,

<3 The updates.

Best answers

I dunno if i'm finished with this yet. I'm going to sleep on it and see how i feel tomorrow. Although, the 2 root canals that i'm going to have done will probably SEVERELY warp my impression of the pic. =/ =/

I also got a bit further with the knight. *shrugs*

Best answers
Looken great.

good luck with the root canals :/

o_O Cant really think of much to crit, aside from the fingers on the guy .. but thats really not important.

Best answers
I called in to the dentist and told em to push the appt back, as i REALLY dont want to have them done today. So YES, no root canals today.

Here's an update, i've been slogging away at it for ages now.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That looks straight-up badass, right out of a Dark Horse comic or something. Is the gun your own design?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You're a god in my books. If anybody says your art is even the slightest bit lame, I shall rape them.

Best answers
Heh, thanks guys.

Bapplebo - you'e got a lot of people to rape, better get started! ;p

More newness. It's getting close to finished now

Best answers
I'm pretty sure that its safe to say, at this point
I hate you =D

lookes absolutly great man.
only thing remotly bad i could say about it, is that his thigh pads .. look like they'd make it a ***** to walk .. cause his right leg the groove / and his left leg they groove \ I think that would make it hard to walk without the pad on his left leg ramming up into his crotch [which would be uncomfortable] xD

but thats a really tiny detail, and isnt a big deal.

i love it. great work

Best answers
Thanks dude. Finished with this now, fixed the background and shaded in the gun. Here it be.

I cant let on what mod its for untill they release it publicly, but i'll be sure to post it in the topic when they do. SHAMELESS

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thats some real nice stuff man, i really like it ^_^ the painting is superb, so's the scene =0, the colours you've chosen all work really well, and i must say im glad you decided on red instead of blue, it really warms the picture up and makes it much more attractive. The pose is great, along with the composition its also nicely detailed like the bandage of the leg which really adds character. However, i still got a few little crits for ya... some are more personal preference though:

First, the hands look a little odd for the positions they're in, the thumb on the trigger end hand looks like it only has 2 bones currently, this makes the hand look a bit narrow, also the hand holding the barrel looks a little small, i think the palm is in the wrong position compared to the finger/thumb placement. That bandage you added on his leg looks awesome on the right hand side, really nice texture, but lacks deifinition on the left, its like you completely ignored the colours and texture used on the right and just added shaddow and secondary lighting. I also think maybe the scene's roof is too low for the figure, because im not completely sure that the room and the figure are sitting on the same horizon, to me it looks like the figures horizon looks slightly lower than the rooms, but i cant be sure i might be wrong about that.

As a suggestion, i'd recomend that you look into how the lighting will effect the lineart, i mean, the red secondary light looks cut off in places by the lineart. Im pretty sure you could use the light (hue) over the lineart in places to make the lineart less apparent where you want the light to strike the figure, take a look at some of prometheus's work http://itchstudios.com/psg/main.php?id=misc2 he doesnt really use lineart, but you can see on edges of certain area's have been painted over using the hue of the light to bring the lighting into effect. Hopefully ive been of some help, keep up the good work man, i love your updates =]

Best answers
Thanks a lot for the huge post dave, i always look forward to what you're gonna say when i see you've replied =)

anyways.... another pic! this is fun :D This is Rockman Zero with a Guitar! hells yes

C+C welcomed. I know there's a bunch of stuff that needs fixing, his far hand is the most prominent in my mind. Needs enlarging.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I dont really like the position of his right arm. It looks like he lost control of it. The face perspective is strange IMO as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom