Naz

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Crits:

it's so empty... I'm not sure about the electricity around one of those balls, makes it less empty allright, but not in a good way I think, other then that, I'm not a great fan of the boarder, because of the contrast with the actual piece.

Overall though, it's a good piece, didn't like the color at first but that's just getting used too..I like it a bit better now, there's something else though.. wich I can't quite explain. Maybe that 'll pop up in later posts

grtz Naz

Best answers
Yup the border sucks. It was meant to be empty...that gives it much of the meaning that it has for me...and would that something else have anything to do with the spike? :rolleyes:

Best answers
The 3d work looks pretty good to me, but I think the concept needs a little tweaking. For something titled "Conflicting Moods" I think there should be more, well conflict. Sure the textures and shapes are different, but the spikes and the balls seem to be coexisting, floating in some stew together. Conflict usually suggests to different things clashing (in the physical sense). There's not really a line of struggle here. And again in this case I don't think you need a border. But if you need to use a border, work on the shape, again I think it's important to suggest conflict in the border. The type is uncomfortable too. I'm not sure about using Batman and Robin as a typface, it seems odd. I think it might be interesting if you kind of created a logo out of the two words and had them clashing. The emptiness doesn't really bother me if that's the sense you're trying to create.

Best answers
The electricity around the ball was supposed to represent them clashing....I'm not good enough at modeling to show cracks and other forms of things breaking off :(

The border and text was just kind of slapped on there...my computer was starting to mess up.

Best answers
Then just do the clashing and breaking in Photoshop. It's not too difficult, it just takes some work. You could suggest conflict with color as well, blue, purple, black and grey work too well together. Maybe the void that everything floats in is one set of lighter colors, then the spikes are immersed in clouds of something else, maybe black, which might give those tendrils a virulent look. As if it was infecting the void. The clouds are there now, but they're too spread out I think. As though they are normal.

Best answers
.....I can't anymore. I had to reformat my computer and lost the .psd format of it...along with the models :(. I also lost a good amount of other images I was working on :cry:

Best answers
Actually the same thing happened to me Futile. It was very irritating at first, but on the plus side you are no doubt a wiser artist now, and you can redo the old things that much better. I've also learned to keep a second and third harddrive to save backups to.

Best answers
Oh man, I would love to have 3 hard drives....or even two for that matter. All I have is one pathetic 20 gig hd. I just want to smash it's inferiority with a sledgehammer sometimes....but then I would have nothing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom