Community Project: Operation Tien

Status
Not open for further replies.
★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i did about 8 or 9 before, they looked alright.

save for the running animation which admittedly looked more like he was jogging.

then eclipse sent out a different rig to everyone else, which effectively made my animations useless (im not ragging on eclipse though, the new rig was superior anyways)

its just this,

making animations is boring enough, RE-making animations is torture.

no matter how good you do you can never perfectly recreate the original and its annoying as hell.

thats why I stopped working on this project, please refrain from calling it horse****. its rude >_>

and by the way, /flips on the moderator switch

Andy011, your evading the swear filter >_>, heres a :warning: warning :warning:

I WAS going to let you slide with a simple slap on the wrist, but it just so happens that this isnt the first time you have gotten in trouble for evading the swear filter. you SHOULD have known better.

if you feel the need to complain, do so via pm.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
If it meant having Tien in 1.3, I would do all the animations alone, not for the fans but for myself, because I think Tien should be there in Esf. Hopefully others feel the same way but if your main motivation is to please the dedicated fans that follow the game, that works too. It will get done as long as there are people that can stick with it, but I hope, that just because there arn't anymore enthusiastic animators, you wont give up on it.

@nuttzy: Ive been doing work with animation, 3D and 2D, for about two to three years now I guess, but I enjoy it and dont see how anyone could call it boring... its just a matter of opinion, but if you think animating is boring theres no way you could trudge through the time it takes, so you shouldnt be expected or forced to.

I think this goes for everyone, if you dont like animating or have never tried it dont assign 10 animations to yourself, it would be overwhelming. Two or three would be a better number to take. And anyone that really likes it, I'd say feel free to take on as many as you see fit. Regardless, more people on the project would be appreciated.

Best answers
Andy011 said:
.....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................ooooooooooooooooooooo.............................KAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY..............................................................................................................................................................................o_O Well..... okie dokie then best wishes ;D and please take better care of ur lap topso_O... specially now lol.

Ah... Ok then.

Sigh... what about the rest of the "animators"? I'm quoting them because they didn't do... well.. HORSESH1T up until now. I have volunteered to make AT MOST 8 or 9 animations and then I end up doing much more, you ppl are pleased, you give me compliments... I AM NOT BRAGGING! I HATE BRAGGERS! I'm just saying:
IF I CAN DO IT, WHY CAN'T YOU! I MEAN WAKE THE FOCK UP!!!

Here you go:

Second version of ref_charge_tribeam knock yourselves out. AND YOU SO-CALLED ANIMATORS GET UR THUMBS OUT OF YOUR ARSES AND ACTUALLY DO SOMETHING!!!

THIS HAS BEEN REVIVED FOR A REASON! YOU THINK THAT I GET GREAT GRADES AT COLLEGE FOR BEING FOCUSED ON THIS? WELL SORRY TO DISSAPPOINT YOU, BUT THINK AGAIN!! REMEMBER C++??? THE ONE I WAS TALKING ABOUT THAT IT WAS SUCH A DRAG TO INSTALL A TRIAL??? DO YOU??? I HAVEN'T EVEN OPENED THE DAMN THING! I'M NOT SURE IF IT EVEN WORKS!!! BECAUSE I'VE BEEN TOO BUSY TRYING TO MAKE MY BEST FOR THIS AWESOME CHARACTER TO GET INCLUDED IN THE NEXT VERSION OF ESF!!! AND WHAT DO YOU DO? YOU SIT BACK AND RELAX LIKE THE ANIMS ARE GONNA FALL FROM THE SKY!!!

LIKE I JUST SAID, IT HAS BEEN REVIVED FOR A REASON! AND THAT REASON IS TO MAKE MANY ESF GAMERS HAPPY AND PLEASED!!! I DON'T KNOW ABOUT YOU, BUT I'M MAINLY DOING IT BECAUSE OF THAT!!! NOT BECAUSE OF "FORCEPIT MONEY" OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT!!!

SO G0D DAMMIT WAKE UP, SMELL THE COFFEE, AND GET TO WORK PEOPLE!!!

BTW, I don't CARE or GIVE A DAMN if you consider this an insult!!! MY PURPOSE IS TO INSPIRE YOU (YES! THE ROUGH WAY!), BECAUSE PEOPLE KEEP MOANING AND CRYING ABOUT TIEN NOT BEING COMPLETED AFTER 2 TRIES!!! DON'T YOU GET IT? THIS ISN'T JUST FOR YOU! THIS IS FOR EVERYONE ELSE!!! BY EVERYONE I MEAN EVERY SINGLE ESF FAN! I MEAN EVERY SINGLE PERSON CONNECTED TO THIS FORUM AT ANY TIME! OR EVERY SINGLE GUEST, FOR THAT MATTER!!! I MEAN THE ENTIRE OFFICIAL ESF TEAM! I MEAN EVERY SINGLE PERSON THAT HAS VOTED FOR ESF ENOUGH TO GET IT TO 2ND PLACE IN THIS YEAR'S MOD OF THE YEAR! YES!! I MEAN
E-V-E-R-Y-O-N-E!!!!!
Man, you other animators just hang your heads in shame, you just got owned.

Do it for us, do it for the forum.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, it shows that he aint a lazy @$$ watching hentai instead of working...I really think what he did is right, he knows what he said and when he make a promise he actually keeps them, not like the other guys, please he can't do it all, I know I am not doing anything, but i'll try, I have a public holiday after tomorrow and I might try to learn...

I have nothing against other animators, but I'd just appreciate it if they do what they signed up for...

Best answers
donnierisk said:
Yeah, it shows that he aint a lazy @$$ watching hentai instead of working...I really think what he did is right, he knows what he said and when he make a promise he actually keeps them, not like the other guys, please he can't do it all, I know I am not doing anything, but i'll try, I have a public holiday after tomorrow and I might try to learn...

I have nothing against other animators, but I'd just appreciate it if they do what they signed up for...
See? That's the spirit I want. And I never said I don't want to do it. I WANT to do it. As a matter of fact, I LOVE doing it! It makes me feel good being part of something I consider big. And it feels DAMN good! I mean I just came back from my classes and instead of sitting down and studying, I go to this thread and post what my anims might look like and ask if you like them. Rayne did the same thing, which also means EFFORT!!! Now stop yawning all day and do something.

@NUTTZY: Ok man I know I shouldnt've been that rude. And I know i deserve a warning. But hey, seriously, if you sign up for something, have the decency to do it. If not, at least have the decency to say "I won't do it" or something. Don't just wait for the others find out you're not doing it, 'cos it pisses people off! Neways, I had a rough day from morning to evening yesterday. And the last thing I needed was lack of responsability in something that has been given several chances to get over with.

Again, sorry for the rude behavior, but I just feel I didn't have much of a choice.

nuttzy said:
I WAS going to let you slide with a simple slap on the wrist, but it just so happens that this isnt the first time you have gotten in trouble for evading the swear filter. you SHOULD have known better.
Yes I remember that... the EVM incident... *sigh*... Look I was a jerk and... I was new at forums lol. Never before had I used a forum in my life. I truly am sorry for that as much as for what just happened. And yes, I should've known better... It's just that this is meant to be teamwork. And it ticked me off, that's all.

OK then, can we put this aside and keep working?

@RavenDust:

This is what I've been telling you about the "Arms Bug":

Notice how some polygons "come out" of his shoulders? Look carefully, pls. Other than that, I hope you like the IDEA of the animation, which is kinda like (if my memory doesn't fail me) the way Goku did his Jubei Kamehameha. I know Tien probably doesn't have that, but I thought it'd be nice to see a different kamehameha charge. You know, "spice it up" a little bit, make it a little bit more interesting than just joining the hands and move them back with the spine. :) Again, hope you like it ;)

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Dont use the L_arm / R_arm joints, use L_arm1 and R_arm1 to rotate the whole arm. If that doesnt work in some situations you can rotate the neck joint forward and backward, that might help. Lastly if all else fails, your can move the upper toga joints to cover the parts that come out.

Edit:
Also, when you select the rotation tool, you shoul probably use the local option instead of the global. It just makes it rotate better for me.

Best answers
Rayne said:
Dont use the L_arm / R_arm joints, use L_arm1 and R_arm1 to rotate the whole arm. If that doesnt work in some situations you can rotate the neck joint forward and backward, that might help. Lastly if all else fails, your can move the upper toga joints to cover the parts that come out.
Ah OK man :) thanks for the suggestion ;)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Andy011 said:
@RavenDust:

This is what I've been telling you about the "Arms Bug":
I see what you mean about deformation, unfortunately I think it's too late to fix it now without re-rigging the model and starting animation from scratch.

Anyway, first post updated, now with percentage!

Best answers
Hmmm..

Ravendust said:
I see what you mean about deformation, unfortunately I think it's too late to fix it now without re-rigging the model and starting animation from scratch.
Nope, I don't think it would. All you have to do is add-up what I explained to you in page 5 or 6 I think (a few polygons for the arms inside the torso and a few polygons to close the torso where the opening for the arms would be) and assign Arm 1 more "properly". The animations would look the same or even better. :smile:

Ok, if you still don't get me, this is what I want to tell you:
The fact that the MESHES CHANGE DOESN'T MATTER, AS LONG AS THEY'RE STILL ASSIGNED TO THE CORRESPONDENT JOINT. THE JOINTS WOULD STILL BE THE SAME AND, THEREFORE, SO WOULD THE ANIMATION. If you would like me to, I'll try. However, I CANNOT guarantee success nor promise you. I'll save the original reference for later. :)

I'm gonna do this, not to benefit myself only, but to make animating for other animators easier, as for the Arm 1 joints. The legs, however, are perfectly assigned and so is the spine. I'll try, however, to fix Head assigning as well, because the neck seems to twist a bit after rotating the head. We wouldn't want our dear Tien to break his neck now, would we? :laff:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
unfortunatly thats the drawback of bare armed models with the old skeleton animation system, if we had bipeds you could "stretch" the polies like you see in more up to date systems.

only way you can avoid deforming looking crap is either trying to work with only clothed models (hence i approved the clothed tien design) or abusing the skeleton so that theres practicly a bone for every poly in his shoulders. and with the ESF skeleton scales things get messy fast. not to mention the small drawback of redoing all your previous work >.<

-EDIT- it does work Andy011, but even that has minimal effect on the overall "crumpled crisp packet" effect o:

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
what you are suggesting is called a ball joint andy, unless im misreading you

and simply put that really wouldnt work on this tien, not only would you have to re-map the sections you edit. (and potentially reskin).

but i think eclipse himself said he didnt want anyone editting the actual model =\. just the animations.

Best answers
nuttzy said:
what you are suggesting is called a ball joint andy, unless im misreading you

and simply put that really wouldnt work on this tien, not only would you have to re-map the sections you edit. (and potentially reskin).

but i think eclipse himself said he didnt want anyone editting the actual model =\. just the animations.

Ah OK, if he said so, his word is T3H L4W :] I'm fine with that, I won't modify his model :)

Okie dokie then, I'll try re-doing the animation. For the ones who liked the Jubei idea, don't worry, it still stands :yes:

Best answers
Andy should get like.. forcepit access or something if he doesn't have it already. Such a huge contribution... <3. Really hope to see this all pulled off, looks amazing so far.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
@Andy011 - I actually had nothing to do with the models creation and I don't know how to model/skin/animate/rig, just updating this thread.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Did you try what I suggested? This was the first problem I noticed when I started animating Tien and what I posted above fixed everything. I havn't had this problem since. As for changing the model,

I'd rather not. It seems good to me, as Nuttzy said, Eclipse wants the model to stay the same and I agree.

Best answers
I'd love to see some movies of your animations, to see if they are hawt =o~

Best answers
Rayne said:
Did you try what I suggested? This was the first problem I noticed when I started animating Tien and what I posted above fixed everything. I havn't had this problem since. As for changing the model,

I'd rather not. It seems good to me, as Nuttzy said, Eclipse wants the model to stay the same and I agree.
Yeah I'll just leave it like that, like I said before.

LaHeen said:
I'd love to see some movies of your animations, to see if they are hawt =o~
Not knowing how to post movies on forums or any other websites, I've created animated gifs of the anims =\ Sorry that's all I know how to do. :( You can see them starting from page 6 of the thread.

EDIT: I have noticed that nobody has answered me (yet) if the ref_autopunch and ref_autopunch_block animations are or are not required in ESF 1.3 . I believe they are, because i once remember a news thread in the news page where android 18 did not one, but TWO autopunch animations: one was when the opponent got hit by the autopunch sequence, and the other was when he blocked the autopunch. Are ref_autopunch and ref_autopunch_block STILL NECESSARY? If so, Ravendust, add them and put *Complete* whenever you have the time :)

Best answers
If you don't mind me asking, what programs do you use to animate?

And could you point me in the direction of a tutorial?

I'd love to help, and get that sense of accomplishment, plus I'm just generally interested, but something tells me I've got a lot of learning to do first... :(

But I don't really have much better to do, and althouth my animations will probably suck horribly, there might be a few easy ones I can do... if I can finish one I'll up a demo of it...

so ANYways... back to the point... what program(s) do you use, and is there a tutorial somewhere?

Thanks! And good luck! Hope I'll be able to help...

Best answers
georgimus maxim said:
If you don't mind me asking, what programs do you use to animate?

And could you point me in the direction of a tutorial?

I'd love to help, and get that sense of accomplishment, plus I'm just generally interested, but something tells me I've got a lot of learning to do first... :(

But I don't really have much better to do, and althouth my animations will probably suck horribly, there might be a few easy ones I can do... if I can finish one I'll up a demo of it...

so ANYways... back to the point... what program(s) do you use, and is there a tutorial somewhere?

Thanks! And good luck! Hope I'll be able to help...
We use MilkShape3D. The latest version, I think, is 1.7.7a. As for learning, yes, I believe it will take you quite a bit of time. Although, it really does depend of the person. As for a tutorial, I really don't know where to find something like that... try google-ing it or something, who knows? :) You might as well find something useful.

Best answers
Milkshape 3d huh... aight, I'm on it. Let's see what I can do...

Thanks for the quick reply, I sincerely hope I can give something back soon... or at all.... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom