Community Project: Operation Tien

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best answers
You know...

I'd really like to draw a line here. I mean I know there are plenty of other animations to be done, but I'd like to try doing... for example, some of mellitus's anims bcos... I dunno about u guys, but I'm getting a little bit fed up with their lack of participation... aren't you? If not, I'll just do all the hit_blow and hit_blow_recover anims :)

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I believe Mellitus said he was out due to issues using Milkshape. Find his post, then I'd say its safe assume he's not going to do any animations and pick up what he left.

Edit:

Mellitus said:
I'm sry, i'v been trying for 2 weeks to get the program to work for me and its decided it hates me for whatever reason... so unfortunatly your probably gunna have to scratch my name off the list:( if i ever do get it working properly i'll definatly try and help u guys out.
Mellitus
There ya go, I guess Raven forgot to scratch off his name.

Best answers
Rayne said:
I believe Mellitus said he was out due to issues using Milkshape. Find his post, then I'd say its safe assume he's not going to do any animations and pick up what he left.

Edit:

There ya go, I guess Raven forgot to scratch off his name.
Ah ok then. I'll do his anims then :)

hit_blow_front and hit_blow_front_recover done
hit_blow_back and hit_blow_back_recover done :laff:

W00T W00T W00T!!! Now, I gotta rest! Tomorrow is one long day... :) G'nite everybody! ;)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nice!!!!!! that's prefect, isn't that also the animation that you can use for beam jumping? looks exactly the same, btw I'm gonna learn how to animate in about half 'n hour, I hope I'm not a sore loser that's just gonna give up...

Best answers
That's sweet!

donnierisk said:
Nice!!!!!! that's prefect, isn't that also the animation that you can use for beam jumping? looks exactly the same, btw I'm gonna learn how to animate in about half 'n hour, I hope I'm not a sore loser that's just gonna give up...
Remember: Before starting an animation, ALWAYS TURN THE ANIM BUTTON ON!!! (IT'S LOCATED IN THE BOTTOM RIGHT PART OF THE MILKSHAPE SCREEN)

;) Good luck ! :yes:

BTW, I shouldn't be even connected to this forum so... I'll be in touch with you guys at about 2-3 PM (GMT -5). The thing is that I'm at my Programming class LOL :laff: Neways, hope you like those animations and suggestions are always welcome! :)

Rayne said:
I hope, that just because there arn't anymore enthusiastic animators, you wont give up on it.
Don't worry! You can count on me!!! :D

Ack! 4:38 PM... Sorry I'm late, u guys. I haven't done any anims now... I've tried doing RUN and, in my first attempt (like nuttzy's) he began jogging! In my second attempt, he was limping lol. TehMuffinMan, I leave you the honor to do run, turbo_run and walking animations.

I'll try doing Jump animation now ;)

Success! :) jump and long_jump done! :)

TREX
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Incredible Progress You Guys

Well holy smoke, you guys, all of you are sure piling together on this one. I think you guys will truly accomplish this project this time, you all seem very determined and I greatly appreciate that. Fantastic tribeam animation Andy, it looks just like the show, and great work Rayne on all your animations. Good to see the old stand by men from the older projects showing up again. With all your help I am positive you can finish it.

Sorry to take so long to respond to the latest in news at these forums guys. I am glad you are wearing the tien project tags again. I reall do admire your persistence. Sorry about your charger Rayne. I think many people the great amount of work, more than you may think. And that one post of Andy's was quite hot but then again he was proving his point. Thank you all very much for your hard work, I appreciate it!!

Best answers
Hell_Razor said:
Well holy smoke, you guys, all of you are sure piling together on this one. I think you guys will truly accomplish this project this time, you all seem very determined and I greatly appreciate that. Fantastic tribeam animation Andy, it looks just like the show, and great work Rayne on all your animations. Good to see the old stand by men from the older projects showing up again. With all your help I am positive you can finish it.

Sorry to take so long to respond to the latest in news at these forums guys. I am glad you are wearing the tien project tags again. I reall do admire your persistence. Sorry about your charger Rayne. I think many people the great amount of work, more than you may think. And that one post of Andy's was quite hot but then again he was proving his point. Thank you all very much for your hard work, I apprecaite it!!
Heh... about that Tien tag... I photoshopped the green one and turned it into brown. I thought that color wasn't there lol. It's slightly different than the brown you showed me. :)

TREX
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers

Yes, I know, it is different, I checked the link for it since it is a different colour, just to see whether I had missed one, but I saw it was different to the others. If anyone else wants one, all the other colours are on the previous post back a bit. You can find them here:
http://forum.esforces.com/showpost.php?p=735233&postcount=119

You guys should get some kind of party or reward for this hard work. Perhaps if everyone is wearing them, they will become intrigued, and will join in the effort. I am totally useless when it comes to this stuff, but I try to help out the community in other ways, by running the digipimps esf server, since there aren't many around to play on.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
all of your animations andy are too "static",

the rest of his body stays really still when the limbs are moving, realistically the rest of the body should move to compensate as well.

id show you what i mean but im trying to figure something out in max atm

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Andy011 said:
Ack! 4:38 PM... Sorry I'm late, u guys. I haven't done any anims now... I've tried doing RUN and, in my first attempt (like nuttzy's) he began jogging! In my second attempt, he was limping lol. TehMuffinMan, I leave you the honor to do run, turbo_run and walking animations.
I'd be glad to take on the run animations if TehMuffinMan cant. By the way I've ordered a new charger from Dell (apparently mine is incompatible with most universals), it should arrive friday

afterschool. As I eagerly await to finish my current anims ill still be checking the thread whenever im on a computer.

Best answers
nuttzy said:
all of your animations andy are too "static",

the rest of his body stays really still when the limbs are moving, realistically the rest of the body should move to compensate as well.

id show you what i mean but im trying to figure something out in max atm
Eh? Not all of them. Only the ones I believe such "realism" as you like calling it isn't really necessary. For example, I don't think ref_autopunch or ref_autopunch_block is too static (see page 6 for the GIFs). Although, I DO have to admit that hit_blow_forward IS a little bit too static. I'll try to fix this :) Thanks for the suggestion. I know exactly what you mean ;)

BTW, I don't know if you noticed the clickable text under the Tien sig, it's a newgrounds flash called "IS THAT OK?!". It kinda waters Tien down, but I still think even Tien fans would like it :p Hillarious :laff:

Neways, back to the subject:

Here you go:

wall_idle.smd :)

Notice how he keeps panting because of the blow against the wall :p I don't think that's "static", nuttzy XP Just messin with ya! :laff:

And this is the part when he collides against the wall:

I guess I made it like that because his back is in pain because of the blow.

Hey that kinda rhymes :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dont mind me asking, but why are his legs not responding? surely being blasted against a wall will get those legs a-moving.

anyway, got the model and should have some results tonight hopefully

Best answers
TehMuffinMan said:
Dont mind me asking, but why are his legs not responding? surely being blasted against a wall will get those legs a-moving.

anyway, got the model and should have some results tonight hopefully
Ok how 'bout now:

wall_collide

I believe it's WAAY better :)

It has 16 frames, but I used 32 so there would be a pause between the ending and the new begginning of the animation, so that it wouldn't be confusing. Kinda like a looping pause? Is this better?

BTW, not always do the legs move, 'cos in the series, all the characters kept getting STUCK IN the wall, so there was no way they could move their legs. But since I believe that is pretty much impossible in ESF (being a half-life 1 engine), I gave them a few frames don't worry ;)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i <3 your effort andy, but teh anims do seem static, not really flowly and natural.. well keep at it man, <3 you're working hard at it for tien to be added ingame

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hey Andy, I just wanted to tell you how much I appreciate what you're doing for us and everyone else. Not many others seem to want to take up the challenge, but I hope they will, soon. I quite like your work so far, so as long as nobody else is willing to stand up and show us what they can do, I hope you'll continue to offer us your sk1llz.

+bows+

Best answers
imkongkong said:
i <3 your effort andy, but teh anims do seem static, not really flowly and natural.. well keep at it man, <3 you're working hard at it for tien to be added ingame
Yeah well I guess you're right. But ESF 1.2.X's anims don't seem all that flowly or natural either, now do they? Neways, thanks for the compliments I'll just keep working :) :yes:

Shiyojin Rommyu said:
Hey Andy, I just wanted to tell you how much I appreciate what you're doing for us and everyone else. Not many others seem to want to take up the challenge, but I hope they will, soon. I quite like your work so far, so as long as nobody else is willing to stand up and show us what they can do, I hope you'll continue to offer us your sk1llz.

+bows+
Thanks, man! Really appreciate that ! ;) :yes:

Here's ref_block and fly_block: ('cos I don't recall showing them previously...:confused:)

http://img151.imageshack.us/my.php?image=flyblock4ml.jpg

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
my only suggestion with that would be to make use of those lovely clothing bones, it really helps. ;3

EDIT:

download this to see what i mean

-link-

notice how such a simple thing as animated clothing covers up the suttle rigidness of the dull, otherwise basic looping 30 frame animation, its worth trying.

Best answers
TehMuffinMan said:
my only suggestion with that would be to make use of those lovely clothing bones, it really helps. ;3
Yeah well, hope you like these better anyhow... ;)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Andy011 said:
BTW, I don't know if you noticed the clickable text under the Tien sig, it's a newgrounds flash called "IS THAT OK?!". It kinda waters Tien down, but I still think even Tien fans would like it :p Hillarious
Actually, it isn't!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom