Community Project: Operation Tien

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best answers
Gawsh

Dr.Gero-20 said:
Andy011 if u continue to do animations at this rate i think u would finish very soon. gj man.
Heh... thanks I'll do my best. :) fly_right done :D

EDIT: AAAAAAAAHHHH WAAAIIIIT. I COULD record the milkshape animations... sure why not? :D

Best answers
Ok here's... something at least...

Sicron said:
The reason you probably don't have to do any advance melee animations is because they are redoing the whole melee system as far as I know. So it would be useless for you to create animations for melee if it is gonna change anyway.
Could you like...do a movie or something to show off the animations? I would love to see how the animations would look...animated. :p
Not knowing how to post actual VIDEO CLIPS in forums or any other websites, I have decided to make quick AVIs while viewing the anims (with all the meshes of course) from milkshape, so that I could turn them into ANIMATED GIFs with an "AVI TO GIF CONVERTER" program. Here we go :):

ref_autopunch

ref_autopunch_block

ref_charge_tribeam

ref_control_tribeam

More to come soon... I mean they're there it's just that all that converting and uploading to imageshack isn't that easy... =\ I mean look at them they're converted to 256 colors so they could fit o_O

BTW, they may take a while to load, because, as you can see, the resolution isn't small at all (for a GIF, that is). I think it's the quarter of 1024x768 pixels =O

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Except for a few adjustments, heres the swoop_forward and swoop_left:

Best answers
Whhoooaa

Nice resolution man! :shocked:

Just one suggestion: when he side-swoops, try turning his head to the direction he's swooping at :)

Great job! :D :yes:

TREX
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Great Progress

Yes this certainly is fast progress in this project indeed, I am very impressed at everyone's work so far!!

And yes, Andy, I did understand full well that YOU personally thought it was a good idea, I was saying I didn't see why the esf team, or whever makes these final decisions would not include the attack, that is what I meant.

Besides we have to put the eye joint to good use. Oh and I also believe you have the Kikoho and Shinkikoho reversed.

The shinkikoho is the Neo Ki Blast Cannon as far as I know, and the Ki ko ho is the regular original Ki blast cannon. And I do remember Tien making some different hand animations before forming that triangle while preparing to fire his shinkikoho at imperfect cell stage 2. I will post his hand movements in a bit, after I find the pictures.

EDIT: Added pictures here of the Shin Ki Ko Ho sequence, from top to bottom.

Best answers
Hmmmmz....

Ok then but... what should I call it? We already have tribeam and the other... thingy... forgot name :p :fight: o_O

I'll do my best :) fly_block and ref_block done! :D

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Interesting, the Tien project is acutally making progress.

TREX
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Attack Name

That is the Tri Beam, it is just the later version of it that he uses, and the other attack you mean is the Dodon Ray, plus the Kousengan. Here is Ravendust:

QUOTE: Ravendust
For the Tribeam/Spirit Cannon/Shinkikohou and Ki Blast Cannon/Neo Ki Blast Cannon/Kikohou i'd ask that they remain seperate and faithful;

Tribeam/Spirit Cannon/Shinkikohou
The charge animation has more hand movements before making the triangle with his hands. The fingers and thumbs overlap one-another to make more of a rounded rectangle than a triangle, but that's moot seeing as this is the HL engine with -2000 poly models.

Ki Blast Cannon/Neo Ki Blast Cannon/Kikohou
The hands form a perfect triangle and there's no other hand movements preceding it. You could probably just copy+paste the last part of the Tribeam's animation =]

Back to me again:
What he is saying isn't really correct as the thing is they are both the tri beam, jus the later one which is called the Shin ki ko ho (translates to Neo Ki Blast Cannon) vs the earlier one, called just the Ki ko ho. You see, he had them mixed around a bit. I was just showing that he does indeed have hand movements while preparing for the upgraded Tri Beam (Shin ki ko ho). I guess we were planning on giving him the later Tri beam after a transformation or something like that. This is probably a better list:

Ki Blast Cannon/Ki ko ho/Tri Beam Cannon/Spirit Cannon

Neo Ki Blast Cannon/Shin ki ko ho/Tri Beam Cannon/Sprit Cannon

So you can do the animation for the hand sequences of the Ki ko ho: http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/293/tientribeam8ws.jpg, and also the Shin Ki ko ho as shown in my post above, as theey should indeed stay two sperate attacks with the Shin ki ko ho replacing the ki ko ho after a transformation.

Anyway, I don't want to turn this into a big DB argument, I was just showing that there are animations for the Shin ki ko ho, that is all.

Best answers
Swataway animations done! :D

Here you guys go: :)

REF_FORWARD_SWATAWAY

REF_LEFT_SWATAWAY

REF_RIGHT_SWATAWAY

I think the right one is the coolest. He swats the attack away like a B4D4SS !!!! :laff:

Ok.... I'm tired, I gotta study (for a change lol) so I'll do the 2 or 3 or 4317658319 versions of the tribeam with the tetraexplosion with quadrilateral shape whose sides are all parallel and perpendicural to the other 2 sides and the square root of the area of the triangle Tien makes with his hands equals the 4th root of tien's rectangular hole volume :fight:

TOMORROW

Well whatever I gotta study bye o_O

TREX
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
HAHAHAAH

QUOTE:
Ok.... I'm tired, I gotta study (for a change lol) so I'll do the 2 or 3 or 4317658319 versions of the tribeam with the tetraexplosion with quadrilateral shape whose sides are all parallel and perpendicural to the other 2 sides and the square root of the area of the triangle Tien makes with his hands equals the 4th root of tien's rectangular hole volume

AHHAHA very good, that was hilarious, yes we did have that coming, just to clarify there are 2, thats right 2 versions of the tribeam ok, just two. Anyway, don't spend too much time doing this stuff.

Yes I can see all this woukld be confusing unless you know qyuite a bit about the DB universe, so sorry for confusing you. Great work anyway, all of you guys.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dude, will you marry me?! THis is the best, ALL of you for doing the animations, how many are you? andy and rayne if i'm correct, if I had the money I'd pay forcepit access for you...but I don't maybe esf team should give it to them, since they did all of this great work, I would've learned how to animate, but you're too fast! I'm still gonna learn though(thursday is my public holiday! ;))

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nice to see some proper animation work once in a while, nice one chief!

also, If your struggling with timeload or certan animations i'll be bobbing around to help ease the load if required, you need only ask o/

Best answers
Aahh.. Mechmod...

@TehMuffinMan:

*sigh*... you almost made me shed a tear bcos of ur sig... and I don't mean the muffin man LOL:laff:

Eclipse said:
I love you guys :D.
donnierisk said:
Dude, will you marry me?!
*COUGH* G4Y *COUGH* lol just kidding :laff:

Thanks everybody for giving so much credit for my anims :) . Seriously, thank you! ;)

Hell Razor, you're gonna love me for this! The second TRIBEAM charging version DONE! :D

So Rayne, how're you doing with your anims? :)

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Andy011 said:
So Rayne, how're you doing with your anims? :)
I spent hours today on a tribeam charge like the one Hell Razor showed and the swoops, until the charger for my laptop broke o_O. The wires been pulled out of the AC completely. I need my laptop so ill have a new one tomorrow, hopefully.

Edit:
Ummmm, i mean the charger part, the thing you plug into an electrical socket. It brakes means no battery power. No, Im not buying a new laptop tomorrow Andyo_O LOL. Sorry I should have been more specific :rolleyes:.

Best answers
errr.........

Rayne said:
I spent hours today on a tribeam charge like the one Hell Razor showed and the swoops, until the charger for my laptop broke o_O. The wires been pulled out of the AC completely. I need my laptop so ill have a new one tomorrow, hopefully.
.....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................ooooooooooooooooooooo.............................KAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY..............................................................................................................................................................................o_O Well..... okie dokie then best wishes ;D and please take better care of ur lap topso_O... specially now lol.

Ah... Ok then.

Sigh... what about the rest of the "animators"? I'm quoting them because they didn't do... well.. HORSESH1T up until now. I have volunteered to make AT MOST 8 or 9 animations and then I end up doing much more, you ppl are pleased, you give me compliments... I AM NOT BRAGGING! I HATE BRAGGERS! I'm just saying:
IF I CAN DO IT, WHY CAN'T YOU! I MEAN WAKE THE FOCK UP!!!

Here you go:

Second version of ref_charge_tribeam knock yourselves out. AND YOU SO-CALLED ANIMATORS GET UR THUMBS OUT OF YOUR ARSES AND ACTUALLY DO SOMETHING!!!

THIS HAS BEEN REVIVED FOR A REASON! YOU THINK THAT I GET GREAT GRADES AT COLLEGE FOR BEING FOCUSED ON THIS? WELL SORRY TO DISSAPPOINT YOU, BUT THINK AGAIN!! REMEMBER C++??? THE ONE I WAS TALKING ABOUT THAT IT WAS SUCH A DRAG TO INSTALL A TRIAL??? DO YOU??? I HAVEN'T EVEN OPENED THE DAMN THING! I'M NOT SURE IF IT EVEN WORKS!!! BECAUSE I'VE BEEN TOO BUSY TRYING TO MAKE MY BEST FOR THIS AWESOME CHARACTER TO GET INCLUDED IN THE NEXT VERSION OF ESF!!! AND WHAT DO YOU DO? YOU SIT BACK AND RELAX LIKE THE ANIMS ARE GONNA FALL FROM THE SKY!!!

LIKE I JUST SAID, IT HAS BEEN REVIVED FOR A REASON! AND THAT REASON IS TO MAKE MANY ESF GAMERS HAPPY AND PLEASED!!! I DON'T KNOW ABOUT YOU, BUT I'M MAINLY DOING IT BECAUSE OF THAT!!! NOT BECAUSE OF "FORCEPIT MONEY" OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT!!!

SO G0D DAMMIT WAKE UP, SMELL THE COFFEE, AND GET TO WORK PEOPLE!!!

BTW, I don't CARE or GIVE A DAMN if you consider this an insult!!! MY PURPOSE IS TO INSPIRE YOU (YES! THE ROUGH WAY!), BECAUSE PEOPLE KEEP MOANING AND CRYING ABOUT TIEN NOT BEING COMPLETED AFTER 2 TRIES!!! DON'T YOU GET IT? THIS ISN'T JUST FOR YOU! THIS IS FOR EVERYONE ELSE!!! BY EVERYONE I MEAN EVERY SINGLE ESF FAN! I MEAN EVERY SINGLE PERSON CONNECTED TO THIS FORUM AT ANY TIME! OR EVERY SINGLE GUEST, FOR THAT MATTER!!! I MEAN THE ENTIRE OFFICIAL ESF TEAM! I MEAN EVERY SINGLE PERSON THAT HAS VOTED FOR ESF ENOUGH TO GET IT TO 2ND PLACE IN THIS YEAR'S MOD OF THE YEAR! YES!! I MEAN
E-V-E-R-Y-O-N-E!!!!!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
wow. that last post SO gave me deja vu for myself in the last tien animation attempt i tried xD

Anyways, if you want, we could split the work 50/50 and get it done a hell of alot quicker.

Best answers
TehMuffinMan said:
wow. that last post SO gave me deja vu for myself in the last tien animation attempt i tried xD

Anyways, if you want, we could split the work 50/50 and get it done a hell of alot quicker.

Hmm... if the other "animators" STILL don't post any news, I'll let you know. 'Cos this is... ridiculous... ;(

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Andy011 said:
.....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................ooooooooooooooooooooo.............................KAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY..............................................................................................................................................................................o_O Well..... okie dokie then best wishes ;D and please take better care of ur lap topso_O... specially now lol.

Ah... Ok then.

Sigh... what about the rest of the "animators"? I'm quoting them because they didn't do... well.. HORSESH1T up until now. I have volunteered to make AT MOST 8 or 9 animations and then I end up doing much more, you ppl are pleased, you give me compliments... I AM NOT BRAGGING! I HATE BRAGGERS! I'm just saying:
IF I CAN DO IT, WHY CAN'T YOU! I MEAN WAKE THE FOCK UP!!!

Here you go:

Second version of ref_charge_tribeam knock yourselves out. AND YOU SO-CALLED ANIMATORS GET UR THUMBS OUT OF YOUR ARSES AND ACTUALLY DO SOMETHING!!!

THIS HAS BEEN REVIVED FOR A REASON! YOU THINK THAT I GET GREAT GRADES AT COLLEGE FOR BEING FOCUSED ON THIS? WELL SORRY TO DISSAPPOINT YOU, BUT THINK AGAIN!! REMEMBER C++??? THE ONE I WAS TALKING ABOUT THAT IT WAS SUCH A DRAG TO INSTALL A TRIAL??? DO YOU??? I HAVEN'T EVEN OPENED THE DAMN THING! I'M NOT SURE IF IT EVEN WORKS!!! BECAUSE I'VE BEEN TOO BUSY TRYING TO MAKE MY BEST FOR THIS AWESOME CHARACTER TO GET INCLUDED IN THE NEXT VERSION OF ESF!!! AND WHAT DO YOU DO? YOU SIT BACK AND RELAX LIKE THE ANIMS ARE GONNA FALL FROM THE SKY!!!

LIKE I JUST SAID, IT HAS BEEN REVIVED FOR A REASON! AND THAT REASON IS TO MAKE MANY ESF GAMERS HAPPY AND PLEASED!!! I DON'T KNOW ABOUT YOU, BUT I'M MAINLY DOING IT BECAUSE OF THAT!!! NOT BECAUSE OF "FORCEPIT MONEY" OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT!!!

SO G0D DAMMIT WAKE UP, SMELL THE COFFEE, AND GET TO WORK PEOPLE!!!

BTW, I don't CARE or GIVE A DAMN if you consider this an insult!!! MY PURPOSE IS TO INSPIRE YOU (YES! THE ROUGH WAY!), BECAUSE PEOPLE KEEP MOANING AND CRYING ABOUT TIEN NOT BEING COMPLETED AFTER 2 TRIES!!! DON'T YOU GET IT? THIS ISN'T JUST FOR YOU! THIS IS FOR EVERYONE ELSE!!! BY EVERYONE I MEAN EVERY SINGLE ESF FAN! I MEAN EVERY SINGLE PERSON CONNECTED TO THIS FORUM AT ANY TIME! OR EVERY SINGLE GUEST, FOR THAT MATTER!!! I MEAN THE ENTIRE OFFICIAL ESF TEAM! I MEAN EVERY SINGLE PERSON THAT HAS VOTED FOR ESF ENOUGH TO GET IT TO 2ND PLACE IN THIS YEAR'S MOD OF THE YEAR! YES!! I MEAN
E-V-E-R-Y-O-N-E!!!!!

You don't HAVE to work on it.

Its your choice, we don't make you, now do we?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom