Community Project: Operation Tien

Status
Not open for further replies.
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I thought the animating was done in Milkshape? I have the .3ds as well as the stuff included in the .rar Wheres posted (.ms3d and the uvmap).

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well, you CAN animate in milkshape. but you have access to better tools in max (its just a pain in the ass getting animations to and from max)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
so how's it going lately, have you finished some of the animations? I would've tried to help if I could animate, but sadly I can't, hmmm, maybe I should learn that someday.

Best answers
Rdy:p

lol ok i said i was gunna get it dun in a week but that was assuming i could do it in max:p i dabed into milkshape a lil untill i realized my comp was in desperate need of sum TLC, so i spent the past week fixing up my comp, so i should have the first 10 animated by the end of the week assuming i can figure out the animation key:p
Mellitus

Best answers
1 more thing

Just wanted to know if u want tien in his stance when he runs/stands or do u just want him to stand and move like a normal person:p thats about all i need to know before i can start. also just wondering which animation is the "core animation", by this i mean which animation do the others branch off of. Thanx!
Mellitus

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think 'idle' is the core animation, as for for stance, look at the goku.mdl in Half-Life Model Viewer (if you don't have it i'll send it your way or you can Google it) and see how he stands, that's generally the same for ESF Models, so thats how he should be =)

Best answers
does anyone need a pic of tien doing solar flare or somethin cause i can get some of them

Best answers
I'm sry, i'v been trying for 2 weeks to get the program to work for me and its decided it hates me for whatever reason... so unfortunatly your probably gunna have to scratch my name off the list:( if i ever do get it working properly i'll definatly try and help u guys out.
Mellitus

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
122 animations, 0 done yet. Great progress I must say.
This is the what .. 3rd or 4th attempt on operation Tien? Either you should start doing stuff soon or just let it die like the other times before.

Anyone remember the Gotenks thing? Right, no gotenks ever unless Tien is finished ;P ... get to work already.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ready is right, if only the guys would start working, I really maybe want to start doing animations, I might even consider it if this goes on like this, but I doubt they will look good at all. . .

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Should I remind you guys, keeping it up like this will likely not get anything done ? As a dev team member I would love to see Tien in ESF. Don't let us down :(

Best answers
Ooooh you asked for it~
Let's create some sub par animations as long as Tien makes it in >_>

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Cold Steel said:
Should I remind you guys, keeping it up like this will likely not get anything done ? As a dev team member I would love to see Tien in ESF. Don't let us down :(
I second that.

seeming as ive got easter break, if i can learn how to animate i'll try to help out too o_o

Force Pit Member
Best answers
I'm honestly not expecting too much I guess since this project has been revivd twice and worked on 3 times, never finished :(. Lets hope for the best...

Best answers
I'd like to try to help... I could do:

ref_powerup
ref_powerup_charge
fly_powerup
fly_powerup_charge
fly_idle
fly_forward
fly_backward
fly_left
fly_right
fly_up
fly_down
fly_fall

or at least most of them. :) Sure I could try and help out ;)

EDIT: OH right I forgot lol... :D here's my e-mail: [email protected] If for some reason u can't send the reference there then send it to: [email protected]. I'd be more than happy to help :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
that's great news! I hope this works out then, I am really thinking about animating, I'm getting a few things straight, then gonna get all the nesecary tools and give it a go....I hope...

TREX
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
We have a willing animator here

Hey guys send the sdk to Andy011 there, we have a willing animator there who can help finish the project!! We need animators to do the work and he is offering to do the animations!!

I also looked deep into the past and pulled out this support button to try and enthuse the esf community around this project. It was originally made by Matt 'Wheres_' Warren who made the original Green, and also the other colours were done by Ravendust. It was limited to 8 images but I have the other colour in my signature.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's good, but who has the models and all the stuuf that they need to animate? I really hope this project will work out, but no one has even submitted a working animation according to what i've heard.

Please people, we revived this for a reason, I'd really love to see him in-game...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom