Community Project: Operation Tien

Status
Not open for further replies.
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I think for the most part simplicity would be better, but i would like to see tiens loss of health/rapid tribeam in game, as long as its balanced somehow. Tien died in dbz against Nappa because he used tribeam rappidly and then again (almost died) against imperfect cell. Also the zooming in thing would be cool, it showed Tien zooming in looking through his hands against Goku in DB, then again with cell and kid buu. Maybe his third eye gives him that ability or something, anyway, these are just suggestions but its up to the team if they want to use them in any way.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
As far as I remember cooldowns for attacks have been suggeested before and taken into consideration. Clearly it should be done for the sake of not spammnig attacks (except for melee, unless it was a ownage combo that delt serious damage of more then 45hp in adv melee).

Iv'e also seen suggestions for multiform before, witch Iv'e seen Tien, piccolo and cell do in the serious. My guess is though it would work in a simlar form to the buddy system if it were put in, but maybe it could be a cut down version of it so buddies would not lose there unique points.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well if the attack caused health loss, who would use it? Besides, overusing a maximum output of ki constantly would cause ANYONE to get tired.

Think back.

Tien vs Nappa - Tien used everything he had with the intent of KILLING Nappa. Therefore, he used up every bit of energy he had. Of course he'd die from that.

Tien vs Cell - Tien used up a high amount of ki per attack rather than one massive blast. He did this to keep cell pinned down long enough. Thats why he got tired each time he used it. He used too much energy in one attack.

Tien vs Kid Goku - Tien didn't get tired at all. Why? He was CASUALLY using tri-beam. Rather than a desperation move, he used it as a normal attack.

In ESF, consider Tri-Beam being used as a casual move rather than a massive attack that drains a ton of his energy. ANY attack that is overused over and over with that much energy put into it would make anyone tired.

If goku fired Kamehameha after Kamehameha with a ton of energy in each beam, he'd get tired too.

So, thats why the energy loss thing isn't really necessary. If Tri-Beam causes that much strain, it would be overpowered in ESF.

So again. Simple, easy, no strings attached. Thats how it should be. Thats what will keep things balanced and fun.

Super Saiyan Dabura
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ahh....this is disscused b4, in the old thread, I see only repeating here and thought "hey, they actually made something for us to see" yet I see only 2 (read two) pages of txt...

nuff said...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
At this point i'd like to move all discussion of Tien to the Suggestions forum, which is where most of this thread belongs. This thread is for animations, not discussing which attacks Tien should have and how they should work.

Best answers
hm... Logan in the original story of DB tien used the tri beam or (kiku cannon) as the final option to blow away the ring cause kid goku was to strong for him.. so tien blow away the ring cause kid goku dont know how to fly yet... it was the final option but he saw no other thing to do... he even say himself that he must hold back his energy or else he could die himself... ( just so it's cleared...) great work ewery one two tumbs up ^^ hope 1.3 and BtL will be fininshed soon...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No one is going to use a mediocre beam attack that drains HP. No one.

Best answers
Well, I hate to sound like a jerk.. but I would use it just for the sake of it being Tien's attack. I guess to keep it from being that mediocre, you could make it about the strength of an SBC.. maybe stronger, maybe weaker. Anyways, I'm sure you'll figure out a way to make this a balanced attack.... good luck with that. lol

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Anything except for making it take away hp, please, I really wouldn;t like that, maybe just a cooldown like said in one of the above posts.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Just to be clear my small suggestion was only a basic thought, i meant his secondary attack could be more rapid and powerful but drain health. Forget i mentioned it i dont feel like arguing about the details.

Back on topic: Im having trouble testing my animations ingame for tien. Does anyone know what the scale of this model should set to in the cq file because its deffinitely too big in game. Also the game crashes 10-30 secs after i start with the goku replaced tien model, idk if this is because of the size of the model or the fact that i dont have all of goku's animations in the tien model. So can anyone help me?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
@Jiraya_holliday - This thread is to sign up for animations for Tien, not to suggest/discuss attacks or stats or whatever. Again, make a thread in the suggestions forum if you want to do that.

Best answers
Raven, people are a tad bit confused (as I was) because on the first page Logan asked for suggestions/ideas/complaints. Just to let you know.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I know, and after that I said:

At this point i'd like to move all discussion of Tien to the Suggestions forum, which is where most of this thread belongs. This thread is for animations, not discussing which attacks Tien should have and how they should work.

Best answers
sorry Raven for offtopic!

sorry Raven just wanted to make it cleared about the attack... but annyway how is it going with that buddy system someone was talking about earlier?

Validated Steam Engine
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
So how goes progress on the animations?

@Rayne: Did you manage to fix the problem with testing them ingame?

Best answers
I will Animate whatever is left of tien... even if its the whole thing. I have 3ds Max and i'm not lazy, given all the required files i feel i could be finished within a week.

Mellitus

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mellitus said:
I will Animate whatever is left of tien... even if its the whole thing. I have 3ds Max and i'm not lazy, given all the required files i feel i could be finished within a week.

Mellitus
I'll put your name down for the first free ten, if you get them done then i'll put you down for the rest. Nothing personal, just sceptical as I remember a lot of empty promises from the last Operation Tien.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Could of said you were going to revive this sooner, i could of saved my 30+ animations from the previous one >_>

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Have you still got them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom