Community Project: Operation Tien

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best answers
So... I have finaly lean how to animat (Juhuuu!) and here is a little prof... Tien walk ... so, what do you think.. could I step in and help you guys with the animations?

Best answers
Guldcola said:
So... I have finaly lean how to animat (Juhuuu!) and here is a little prof... Tien walk ... so, what do you think.. could I step in and help you guys with the animations?
Well... what can I say...? WELCOME ABOARD :D

EDIT:

AAAAAAAHHHHHH NOO but there's one problem: The Pelvis joint should be in the middle of the grid u see in the clip u posted. Once u do that, make sure the Feet have contact with one of the grid squares seen in side or front view. So no, the grid IS NOT the floor for ESF.

Best answers
Thank you.. I'll start animat right away:D

In the clip the Pelvis joint is in the middle of the grid

and the feet have contact with the grid

But it was just a test:warning: :)

But if the grid is not the floor in ESF.. What is the floor???

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm pretty sure the grid is =o

EDIT:
Well Andy knows what he's saying I guess, so I guess the grid is not the floor xD

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
I think that for a model to look like it is walking on the floor the grid must be in the very middle of the model.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the grid isnt the floor. because ESF models are scaled, your char will be floating in the air by an admirable amount. to counter this you'll need to move all your base animations down by somthing like 2.5 off the top of my head, the best plan is to decompile one of the origional esf models and measure the Y distance in an animation, that way you'll get the precise distance to the ground.

Also, to make it easy on yourself, just save an idle single frame animation with the new "floor" and work your new animations from there, that'll save you realigning it each time. personally i just add the scale/move command in the QC file, but its a bit late to do somthing like that now ;3

Best answers
lol Tehmuffinman where've you been dude?!?! make some anims man we need all the help we can get :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
In case any of you find this invisible floor still rather confusing, heres an image to help clarify where the "floor" is for this scale model, as andy is saying.

@ Andy011, we'll discuss once your online ;3

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
finished:

Idle (alt version i use)
ref_Beam_Push
ref_charge_genericbeam
ref_control_genericbeam
ref_shoot_genericbeam
ref_shoot_kiblast
ref_shoot2_kiblast

working on the rest of the hit_blow's /recovers and the last few shoots/aims next. probably do the walks after those too.

just noticed some have already been done and not marked on the list, which i've ended up doing again. any chance you could dredge through the posts and update it yet ravendust?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Done and done. You guys broke the half-way point o/

Thanks for helping out Muff, with you and Guldcola helping Andy and Rayne, the team might be seeing Tien ready in time for Christmas <3

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Cheers for that, it'll make life easier for us. mind tagging the following as well?

hit_blow_up
hit_blow_up_recover
hit_blow_left
hit_blow_left_recover
hit_blow_right
hit_blow_right_recover
ref_shoot_bean
ref_shoot2_bean
ref_aim_bean
ref_aim_dragonball
ref_shoot_dragonball
ref_shoot2_dragonball
die_fall_down
deadback
deadsitting
deadstomach
deadtable
walk_backward
back_flip

i'll finish those in the next few weeks,

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This is really great guys, my hat is coming off in several degrees of extreme respect to all involved and helping out with the project.

/Bumps thread, i'm sorry ^^'

Best answers
wheres_warren said:
This is really great guys, my hat is coming off in several degrees of extreme respect to all involved and helping out with the project.

/Bumps thread, i'm sorry ^^'
On behalf of the team, thanks for the comments. ^^

The same I say for TehMufinMan. This is gonna raise the team's morale. Thanks man, I knew we could count on you ;).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
When I get my comp I'll have a fully hardcore crack at pimping that skin up again.

Best answers
O.O Just the skin... right? I mean you won't modify any of the meshes or bones.... right? o_O

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I know that'll stuff all the done animatons, so of course I won't. Just the skin.

Best answers
Hey again.. I've been a littel busy with the new school and stuff...

I just toke a look on the ref_control_genbeam.. Why dont animate the clothes? Cause I have seen that goku (1.3) clothes is animated when he control the genbeam.. So why not Tien's?

But I try to make the run_backward animation.. Should I make it a littel faster, and make the body move a bit.. What should I make different ( As you know I am new to this stuff :) )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom