Coca Cola Light + Mentos = dead.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No, it doesn't matter. The more you drink and consume, the more you'll vomit, I suppose. However, you're not going to die.

3 liters of soda a day isn't amazing, but it sure as hell isn't good for you.

Best answers
Not maybe, definitely. Two chemicals that react to each other found themselves among the ingredients of Coke and Mentos, and boom.
No. They don't go boom. The mentos has a substance in it which will break down the carbonation real quick. All the kid would have had to do was belch (if this is real which I HIGHLY doubt). The gas would have risen and he would have belched alot. The human stomach can expand quite a bit. You're 14 and from the looks of it, obsessed with Naruto and your post count. That's all that's needed for me to make a certain conclusion about you which I wont say.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well I think that it is possible for the kid to suffocate. This is how I think it was done:

Since the Coke and Mentos went down the kid's stomach, all that gas must've expanded the gullet (the tube from the mouth to the stomach, if that's what it's called, I dunno), which is tightly connected to the breathing tube (windpipe, maybe? Ah I don't know the name of these organs in english xD) which caused the tube to contract in order to make room for the gullet, the gullet just sort of 'pushed' it out of the way, disabling air to come through it, and into the lungs. It also disabled the air already in the lungs to come out, therefore the kid choked. That's what I think happened. I'm not 100% sure about this and I'm no doctor, so don't ***** on me if you think this is the most ridicilous theory ever.

You're 14 and from the looks of it, obsessed with Naruto and your post count. That's all that's needed for me to make a certain conclusion about you which I wont say.
OK, first of all, I'm not obsessed with my post count, though maybe I am obsessed with Naruto xD. And second, would you care to explain to me what the hell that has to do with this thread?

Best answers
Well I think that it is possible for the kid to suffocate. This is how I think it was done:

Since the Coke and Mentos went down the kid's stomach, all that gas must've expanded the gullet (the tube from the mouth to the stomach, if that's what it's called, I dunno), which is tightly connected to the breathing tube (windpipe, maybe? Ah I don't know the name of these organs in english xD) which caused the tube to contract in order to make room for the gullet, the gullet just sort of 'pushed' it out of the way, disabling air to come through it, and into the lungs. It also disabled the air already in the lungs to come out, therefore the kid choked. That's what I think happened. I'm not 100% sure about this and I'm no doctor, so don't ***** on me if you think this is the most ridicilous theory ever.

OK, first of all, I'm not obsessed with my post count, though maybe I am obsessed with Naruto xD. And second, would you care to explain to me what the hell that has to do with this thread?
Yea, not obsessed with your post count yet you have "500 posts reached on bla bla bla"

And I think you mean the esophagus. Damn you didn't even know what it's called. And it's fake, nobody died. Only gullible people would believe this crap. My post was on topic, I just added a little extra to it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh look, you have your Yahoo! ID in your profile ZOMG U IS A YAHOO FANATIC!!!!!!!

Now this thread isn't about my post count, it's about the combined effects of Coke and Mentos.

And I think you mean the esophagus. Damn you didn't even know what it's called.
Excuse me, but at least I know your language, which isn't my first language, and I think I know it pretty well, except for words I never used and therefore never was interested in what they were called, up to now. On the other hand, you don't know **** about my language, so I'd suggest you don't question my knowledge of english when you know absolutely nothing of my language.

Best answers
Oh look, you have your Yahoo! ID in your profile ZOMG U IS A YAHOO FANATIC!!!!!!!

Now this thread isn't about my post count, it's about the combined effects of Coke and Mentos.
Damn you're stupid. I wont even bother arguing with a 14 year old that's obsessed with naruto. So what if my YAHOO ID is filled in UNDER MY PROFILE. Along with my ICQ, and AIM.

What you did is put "500 reach" in your SIGNATURE. Your SIGNATURE is not your PROFILE. All I have in mine is "Against TCPA". Not some stupid fusion pun. Not some stupid naruto image. And not some stupid "hay guys my post count".

I'm done arguing with you. Watch something informative instead of naruto which his technically a re badged Dragonball Z.

All of my posts up untill this one has had something to do with coke+mentos. This is the only one so far which is completely off topic. Remember now, you started the first FULL offtopic one here.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You're acting utterly immature even though you're 7 years older than me. On topic, let me ask you, would you really try it? Eat mentos and drink Coke at the same time, I mean.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Fine then. You're at no risk from it :D

BTW, what is this 'corn syrup additive'? I heard of it, but I don't really know what it is.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Warnings to both dan and Morpherex for going off topic and taking shots at eachother :warning:

Best answers
Fine then. You're at no risk from it :D

BTW, what is this 'corn syrup additive'? I heard of it, but I don't really know what it is.
It's what gives it that nasty "syrupy" texture. Its also just overall bad for your health.

I used to drink soda, about a can or two a day. And I found out that's what was causing me to be overweight. Weighed around... 190 while i was 5 foot something. Quit drinking that crap and I weigh mostly a constant 140 now. Started drinking water instead.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's what gives it that nasty "syrupy" texture. Its also just overall bad for your health.
I used to drink soda, about a can or two a day. And I found out that's what was causing me to be overweight. Weighed around... 190 while i was 5 foot something. Quit drinking that crap and I weigh mostly a constant 140 now. Started drinking water instead.
This deserves a quote, and I will follow this quote.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Time to put this one to bed.

the reaction time from the mentos hitting the liquid, and generating all that gas, is about 1 second. the thing is though, 1 mentos in one mouthful of soda, won't do enough, since the carbonation level of that mouthful is insufficient. the reaction is very fast, but only affects the outer layer of the mentos, once that is gone, there is nothing left for carbonation to occur.

on top of which, the only reason why so much coke shoots out of a bottle like that, is because 1. they undloaded a whole load (i saw two tubes?) of mentos into a bottle in one go, and 2. the bottle is enclosed on all sides, which means there is only one way for the gas to trave: out the top.

using this alone (without going into how much faster your stomach acid will dissolve a non metallic layer of sugar, than some weak ass soda), you can determine, that in order for that violent a reaction to occur, you would not only need a liter or so of fluid, but also the ability to swallow a good 10/15 mentos in one go. impossible? i doubt it, but i don't think it's too likely either.

simply eating one after the other won't do, as each time you eat one, it'll be stripped, and there won't be a sufficiently fast enough reaction.

now lets take into account that your stomach ISN'T a bottle, not only is it a flexible expandable tissue, but it has two exits, and although your body probably wouldn't enjoy having coke shot through your intestines, you certainly wouldn't die from it (although, i can guarentee you would be sick as a dog, and probably suffer from diarrhea for a couple of days. the body is wonderful at purging substances...) Most likely, you would simply be forced to "vomit" the flued/gas back out your mouth, at high enough speed that you probably wouldn't have a chance to choke on it (your gullet would close before you could drown certainly).

it, i believe, and i am fully willing to go into a more detailed analysis to show you, is impossible to die from coke and mentos.

Best answers
You sound like you were trying to commit suicide..

Thank god you only got into the manto!, I would hate to think what would have happened had you gotten into the mentos!

commit suicide!? no! that time i was watch tv....

and the reason i didn't die maybe becuz i chowed the mentos before drink coke...not swallow it..

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
commit suicide!? no! that time i was watch tv....

and the reason i didn't die maybe becuz i chowed the mentos before drink coke...not swallow it..

You know mythbusters had something similar once. They have prooven the theory as totaly false. The internal organs arnt that weak. Not to mention they can extend. So first youd feal blown up like a baloon before youd "pop" ^^

In any case. Dying from that is impossible. Unless you are alergic to either mentos or coke. Or you ignore the feeling in your stomach area telling you to stop eating/drinking cause you feel sick already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom