Chrome vs Firefox, want personal opinions.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So lately, I've been thinking, hey, I ******* LOVE Google, but I want to try out their chrome.

what would be some advantages or disadvantages users have experienced from using both? which do you use?

I want personal experiences, not "WELL GOOGLE IS GOOGLE AND ITS BETTAR HURRR"

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
IE9 is actually supposedly the best right now. I haven't tried it, but I've heard nothing but amazing things about it. You might give the beta a try. I wasn't impressed with Chrome to be honest, but I'm sure they've had a thousand updates since I tried it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
IE9 is actually supposedly the best right now. I haven't tried it, but I've heard nothing but amazing things about it. You might give the beta a try. I wasn't impressed with Chrome to be honest, but I'm sure they've had a thousand updates since I tried it.
that's what i was thinking with the thousands of updates.

i also heard IE9 was dope. maybe i should give it a whirl.

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
In all honesty, it depends on what you do in your browser.

In my line of work I use pretty much every browser to make sure **** is cross-browser compatible, and I haven't noticed anything about any browser that makes it stand so far out against any of the others. I use Firefox primarily because I have a good number of addons that I use regularly, but from what I hear, Chrome has pretty much the same stuff available if I went to the trouble to find them.

Chrome in general, looks cleaner, it's a very minimalistic approach to a browser (as is most of google software), which is a definite plus, I hate having loads of **** camping at the top of my browser but some people love that. It also has the google search bar built into the address bar, unlike firefox which you have to tab to get to.

Also agreed that IE9 is supposedly the ****, although it is in beta so expect there might be a couple bugs here and there. Also note that none of the current browsers fully support HTML5 so if that's your thing, or you're keen to try out some of the funky HTML5 shiz that's available, you'll probably need a couple of browsers to test with as they all seem to support a handful of functions that the other browsers have chosen not to support. Go figure.

Also there's something about the way FF encodes videos that's different to every other browser cause FF's philosophy on software is open source stuff and the standard (H264 if I'm correct) is not open so they use some funky encoding. I think it's pretty irrelevant to most people and I'm sure there's more to it than the sentence above, but just a fun fact I guess...

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Firefox for me, loving the plugins that allow so many awesome things other browsers can't do...yet. I mean, anyone can download a video from YouTube, but with Firefox, you can download the subtitles, too, which no site I've found so far supports. :p

You also get things like Adblock Pro, and Web of Trust, and the built in Flashgot...and just the ability to tweak stuff like Faster Fox. I just like it, it makes me feel like I have alot of control. :p

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I use FF as well. Last time i checked it was one of the best web browsers. :)
I also have Chrome installed but i don't really use it. I love it's minimalistic/clean design as it was said here too.
Matter of taste after all i guess.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Chrome is what I use because It doesn't remind me of Furries.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I use Opera, since it does everything I want without installing a ton of plugins that I need to maintain with version upgrades and ****, like ads, my web experience is completely ad free (eww, that sounded disgustingly apple-ish). Chrome also looks sexy, I just love the minimalistic approach, might switch over to it.

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Just to be curious, did someone check out the security of Chrome, as in, is it sending messages to HQ about your browsing behaviour ? Cause I wouldn't be surprised if they did.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Chrome in general, looks cleaner, it's a very minimalistic approach to a browser (as is most of google software), which is a definite plus, I hate having loads of **** camping at the top of my browser but some people love that. It also has the google search bar built into the address bar, unlike firefox which you have to tab to get to.

Anyone say Firefox ain't clean?

Also, even Firefox can google stuff through the Address bar.

Dudemeister
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
In Firefox, if any tab causes a crash, all of your other tabs crash too. Also, it tends to become slower and slower over time.
Chrome is faster and more versatile. Firefox is #2 in my browser list.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/1151/79397268.jpg

Anyone say Firefox ain't clean?

Also, even Firefox can google stuff through the Address bar.
Google Chrome does the exact same thing. While FireFox is my browser at the moment, I really find Google Chrome working perfectly and way smoother on lower end PC's. The only reason why I switched back to FireFox is because Google Chrome doesn't seem to save usernames and passwords within .htpasswrd locked sites.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Chrome works better due to the fact that it crashes the Tab and not the browser and if its not responding it will ask you if you want to close the tab out. IMO.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I hope IE9 is beast. I'll wait for the final release though (or will I?). Neither FF nor Chrome have satisfied some of my simple needs. But IE did and I'm currently using its 8th version. I have Chrome for rare situations like needing to load something faster, though.

AFAIK FF looks more oldschool and has many options right in front of you whereas Chrome looks like a new-era browser with absolutely nothing but address field and page content, protecting your eyes from... eh, at that time unnecessary stuff.

Last edited:
Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
I also like the fact that Chrome doesn't need any browser restart to actually load its extensions. Once installed, you can use it right away.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And IE is not even in the race.
Where have you been for the past 15 years? Internet Explorer has almost always dominated the usage share. If you can't make a website compatible with the most commonly used, most supported web browser in the world, it's more than likely your own fault.

Note I'm not saying I prefer Internet Explorer, although I may if IE9 turns out to be awesome. I'm just saying you're factually wrong.

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Chrome is a bit faster for me, and it takes less space (the bar you have at the bottom with Firefox, isn't there in Chrome, it reads a bit easier for me), and it can sometimes save your browser from crashing, by only crashing one of the tabs and not all of them. Doesn't work always though. Still, Firefox has more add-ons as far as I know. And I just hate it in Chrome that you can't right click to find the properties of an image like in all other browsers.

Dudemeister
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
IE has been the most commonly used web browser because it came with windows and most people wouldn't bother to get a new one.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's probably true in a lot of cases, but the notion that IE isn't even a competitor is completely ridiculous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom