BTL - Trunks WIP

Active Member
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Nov 18, 2002
Messages
4,201
Best answers
0
how about... working on? <_< a unfinished head is like a work with no reason.. finish the head then post it... cuz there´s no reason to post something unfinished like that... i would call it a wip when you would have done the head <_< so work on now
 
New Member
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Apr 4, 2005
Messages
1,714
Best answers
0
God I really hope this is going to be a good model. It looks promising so far!
 
New Member
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Oct 3, 2004
Messages
1,462
Best answers
0
Tryforce said:
how about... working on? <_< a unfinished head is like a work with no reason.. finish the head then post it... cuz there´s no reason to post something unfinished like that... i would call it a wip when you would have done the head <_< so work on now
you're absolutley wrong. You're supposed to post the face so people can comment on poly flow and other problems. Either crit on the ****ing model or gtfo, k bud? :yes:
 
New Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2003
Messages
507
Best answers
0
off to a good start, not too much to really crit on atm
 
Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Nov 23, 2003
Messages
6,079
Best answers
0
The side looks good, but the front looks a little weird.
 
Active Member
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Jun 6, 2004
Messages
2,275
Best answers
0
Looking good man, oh and when your modeling his hair, try to acctually give him an under cut. For animaton reasons.
 
New Member
Joined
Jul 4, 2004
Messages
610
Best answers
0
He has a masive chin, i'll do a draw for you, maybe :p

Anyway, i dont htink you should follo ur resf 100% because on that front ref, he is looking forwards, on that side ref, he is looking at the ground so thats why one view may look wonked up.

plus, you have to define is jawline way more in the front view, right now he looks chibi and rounded, good start thou, you've improved heaps :)
 
New Member
★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Apr 15, 2003
Messages
4,628
Best answers
0
his chin isnt massive just a little too indented at the sides, remember dbz is very angular, the chin isnt smooth, it kinda comes to a blunt point, also i think the bridge of the nose is way too big, the whole nose in general is, but im concerned because the distance between the eyebrows should be very small, and thats where the nose extends from. After all that being said, i think its comming along pretty well so far, i like the flow (though u cud maybe cut some polies from the ears) and it has quite a good likeness.

btw, i'lk give u a warning about the refs, anime drawings are always very inconsistant (mainly because there are about 50 of them all trying to draw in somebody elses style), the height of his forehead atm is a little too big when you compare it to other pictures if possible get some manga references, if you can get hold of an actual book manga, thats even better, sorry i cudnt provide the refs myself =[ but even if i had, its still usefull to have more refs than you need.
 
New Member
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Oct 3, 2004
Messages
1,462
Best answers
0
Davidskiwan said:
his chin isnt massive just a little too indented at the sides, remember dbz is very angular, the chin isnt smooth, it kinda comes to a blunt point, also i think the bridge of the nose is way too big, the whole nose in general is, but im concerned because the distance between the eyebrows should be very small, and thats where the nose extends from. After all that being said, i think its comming along pretty well so far, i like the flow (though u cud maybe cut some polies from the ears) and it has quite a good likeness.

btw, i'lk give u a warning about the refs, anime drawings are always very inconsistant (mainly because there are about 50 of them all trying to draw in somebody elses style), the height of his forehead atm is a little too big when you compare it to other pictures if possible get some manga references, if you can get hold of an actual book manga, thats even better, sorry i cudnt provide the refs myself =[ but even if i had, its still usefull to have more refs than you need.
so... wanna draw me one?
 
New Member
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Apr 4, 2005
Messages
1,714
Best answers
0
David I think a ref would be a good. If you could draw one up or something like that Im sure it would help. Seeing as how your ref drawings are majorly accurate.
 
New Member
★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Apr 15, 2003
Messages
4,628
Best answers
0
Yes, a ref would be great, but unfortunately, i have reasons why i hate making refs... I have my own model/models to work on, other peoples requests to do (one recently a commission), and a social life to maintain, not starting to mention college work. Im not here for people to demand work from, which is exactly why i had said in the past that i wouldnt do references anymore. Not just because they're boring as **** and sometimes can take a long time, not because i hardly get any mention for doing them, not because i can get blamed for any wrong doings in the model but because people expect them from me, like they fall outta my ass or something.

I'll do you a ref, but you'll have to wait. Im not on the btl team for references, but if helps i will do it. Sorry to have to rant on about it but it really pisses me off.
 
New Member
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Jun 8, 2004
Messages
5,216
Best answers
0
Just rotate the side ref a little bit so he's looking up and you shouldn't need a drawn ref. The model looks good, especially the 3/4 view.
 
New Member
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Oct 3, 2004
Messages
1,462
Best answers
0
Davidskiwan said:
Yes, a ref would be great, but unfortunately, i have reasons why i hate making refs... I have my own model/models to work on, other peoples requests to do (one recently a commission), and a social life to maintain, not starting to mention college work. Im not here for people to demand work from, which is exactly why i had said in the past that i wouldnt do references anymore. Not just because they're boring as **** and sometimes can take a long time, not because i hardly get any mention for doing them, not because i can get blamed for any wrong doings in the model but because people expect them from me, like they fall outta my ass or something.

I'll do you a ref, but you'll have to wait. Im not on the btl team for references, but if helps i will do it. Sorry to have to rant on about it but it really pisses me off.
Point taken.

**Update
 

CM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
May 6, 2003
Messages
1,763
Best answers
0
Back of hair sticks out too much. Sharp turn at the top left of the side view, move those 2 vertices down a bit and make it curve more. Hair overall is a tad too puffy. density of polygons is way too heavy in general. On side view, see that line of straight vertical edges? don't be afraid to move those around a bit. Give us a closer-up shot of the face, the mouth looks like a whole mass of polygons, and not much detail there to show for it. He looks like he's falling out of his top. Don't model the shirt as an extrusion, just model the body normally with less definition, as skinned on the shirt would look X times better. You're wasting a bunch of polygons on the ears. Make them flat planes. You don't need that extra row of polies on the collar if you're going to smoothly curve in the pecs instead of sharply angling them out.

Good start, but work on it a bit more. It'll get easier as you model the rest of the body, since you can get a feel for the proportion, but the chest right now looks weird. Don't scrap it though, finish off the torso and then adjust it accordingly.

*recedes into his cave*
 

L

New Member
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Mar 31, 2004
Messages
1,069
Best answers
0
Hmm, Looks alright.
 
Active Member
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Jul 14, 2002
Messages
6,873
Best answers
0
Growler said:
Point taken.

**Update
Please post an update when you finish the hair. Because most models with the hair unfinished looks like crap. The ear looks quite weird. So does the face.
 
Active Member
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Nov 18, 2002
Messages
4,201
Best answers
0
Tryforce said:
how about... working on? <_< a unfinished head is like a work with no reason.. finish the head then post it... cuz there´s no reason to post something unfinished like that... i would call it a wip when you would have done the head <_< so work on now

Please post an update when you finish the hair. Because most models with the hair unfinished looks like crap. The ear looks quite weird. So does the face.
you see.. im not the only one here...
 
New Member
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Oct 3, 2004
Messages
1,462
Best answers
0
Tryforce said:
you see.. im not the only one here...
stop ****ing spamming my thread.

Thank you CM for your nice crit. I'll take a look at the hair and the mouth. Ima gonna reduce the poly count immensly later. I might just scrap the whole model
 
New Member
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Apr 4, 2005
Messages
1,714
Best answers
0
So far so good Growler. Looks promising.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top