BTL - Trunks WIP

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Growler said:
stop ****ing spamming my thread.

Thank you CM for your nice crit. I'll take a look at the hair and the mouth. Ima gonna reduce the poly count immensly later. I might just scrap the whole model
Looks like somebody is getting raged about the crits again.
Like I said, finish the model before you post more updates, it looks better with the head being finished.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
dReAm KiLlEr said:
Looks like somebody is getting raged about the crits again.
Like I said, finish the model before you post more updates, it looks better with the head being finished.
I am 'en'raged when people spam my models thread. Yes, I know, I will finish the head. For the time being, crit on what is there. :yes:

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i actually dont see what he said as spam, but i do see a potential flame war. so both of you please cool it.

as for my comments. as far as im aware btl has a 1500 triangle limit, so i would strongly suggest cutting down right away, since your already heading over that limit at the moment.

i would advise something along these lines.

200 - body
200 - both arms
200 - both hands
200 - both legs
700 - head and hair

thats 1500, and its perfectly possible to get a full 5 finger, all singing, all dancing, good looking model if you limit yourself like that.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1500 for the basic mesh <_< ... more 300 polys you can use as detail work...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've been pretty busy lately, but here is a big-time-fix-up update. Not much progress done, but alot of the crappy poly placement has been fixed and alot of the bad shadows were removed.

Validated Steam Engine
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Why does he have a dip in the middle of his chin? Other than that it's looking good. :)

Best answers
Putting more polygons in the chin isnt a good way to get rid of unwanted shading. you've got a bundle of polies there that arent doing much of anything.

The Face looks pretty good shape wise, and the structure is sound [altho you can do a better job on the chin area]

The hair from the front view needs work, imo his hair is not that bubbly looking.

Also the Jawline needs more structure, looks like you just pulled the verts back. and the Collar bone is non existant, which for trunks isnt a bad thing, but the muscles that extend to his chest arent very formed.

Keep at it ^^

Best answers
not bad though i agree with bile, loads of polies in the chin are pretty much wasted :/ I have some low poly models that havnt got the best structure but it was pretty low poly, ill post the wires if u want. keep at it though :)

lol chinese,i think i can make out dan toa or something :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lol, I really do have ADD
update*

Best answers
See, uh... I'm not exactly great with models. However, I also am in understanding that a Trunks model can look like that for less polies. Like I said, I'm not a modeler.
Nice to see that you're actively modeling though, it looks ok I think. No crits from me

Best answers
i like how you did the pants but bagginess usuaslly comes in at the bottom :p

Can i see closer wires on the face? chin still looks a lil awkward and you can still cut down on the polies, i'll give ya a drawover :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ReCkOninG of FirE said:
i like how you did the pants but bagginess usuaslly comes in at the bottom :p

Can i see closer wires on the face? chin still looks a lil awkward and you can still cut down on the polies, i'll give ya a drawover :)
True, I don't have a ref for the lower part of his body.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
give him some more shape from the side view.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I didja a quick drawover:

I must say, you really shouldnt think about adding folds to the model, rather just get the rough shape, then skin folds on, otherwise you'll get awful deformations and the fact is folds are the hardest part to skin, let alone model. Also, remember where the knee's are and try and base the structure of the legs around ther (i've shown in the drawover). The face atm is too smooth, remember dbz face structures are very stylised and have a lot of straight-ish edges. I'd try to remove some polies from around the chin/neck area, there's a lot of polies going to waist there. The colar also is only one row of polies i think, so there should be another row for the inside of the colar.

It looks good though man, its just a shame you keep stopping and starting with your models =\ u need to focus on one and get it finished. Keep it up dude.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Update** Sorry, had no references for the legs, had to go by other images
Sword and hands will be done tomorrow

Best answers
From the side view, his head seems too far out. Also, when modeling the folds, you made it seem like his pants are extremely tight around his rear end. If you understand what I mean

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
hmm, imho you should think about completely redoing the pants.

Best answers
looks like u just pritty much ignored davids drawover, this might be hard to believe, but he actually knows wat hes talking about =O, any way, his forehead is wayyyy to wide, u should learn that instead of just following a ref to the spot, u should actually make it look good =o, u should fix that, also i see a lotta problems in the mesh, ill tell you wat trowa tells me, u need to think in 3d, and from the side view it looks like hes leaning forward a a little

edit* pointy crotches are never smecksi =O

edit 2* also the crotch looks pritty flat (front to back) u should round it out

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom