Brolli Release Thread !!!

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wow awsome. Me GG and Dark just played with the new map coldsteel made for an hour. Awsome job guy's.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Enix said:
I think it looks great. But I did notice a little skinmapping
error on the shoes, not ingame though, since i dont have
HL1 installed. I opened it up in model viewer and saw it.
Its just a little verticle line. Very nice work GG and company.
It's not a skinmapping error, it's a compiling error. The map shifts a bit after compiling, but you don't really notice it ingame anyways.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hehe it was really fun, especcially when i got the big buffed up brolly :p and btw, we love the secret room

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
http://www.esf-files.tk/

DL Site. Go to ESF Category and the file will be there. Have fun :D

(If this is considered advertise contact me)

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
gojetenks123 said:
The Site isnt working for me!! i really want the model
It should work.

Validated Steam Engine
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Was just playing with the pack and wow........just.....wow.....the models are awesome, the BB sprite was veeeeeery nice :D and it was just perfect. Awesome Job guys, the pack rules :)

G-Bear
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Just fought GodGundam himself >_>

Well I must say, Ive been beating up alot of times but I enjoyed the show.

Good animations and his size is just deadly :]

Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Best answers
i like the model n sprites alot but the attacks keep going below his crotch wish there was a way to fix it :(

Best answers
I LOVE BROLLY!!! Kick-ass too but problems = !_! <----(crying because there so wierd ans could be fixed easily)

PROBLEMS
THIS IS IN LSSJ FORM ONLY!!!

-when in the air and powering up he swims o_O
-When powering up on ground he swims backwards 0_o
-when running left or right he's jackin off. lol... O_O
-when running foward hes doin SSJ Brolly's power up
-When walking hes running O_O o_O
-When turbo running hes doing SSJ Brolly's air power up

Other (well i havent seen him swimming yet so...) than that hes fine. Everythings good so far and i got pics of him doing the abnormal things just need to know how!!! :rolleyes:

Best answers
Heh, devion, i joined your server but you kicked me D:

It is an awesome model though, props to the entire team of guys who made it.

Best answers
does any1 know if they are going to make like ss2 in the next version if u do plz let me know

Best answers
The BB sprite I will assume is the Big Bang sprite. From what you guys are saying about it, it's awesome... but whenever I fire one, even at full strength, it's just the same thing as Vegeta's BB attack but green. Just wondering if there's something I'm missing. The pose for the attack is awesome, though.

One other thing... When you're playing CTDB mode and you pick up a Dragon Ball, it appears in the left hand. His right arm bends up and his hand cups as if to be holding a Dragon Ball, but it shows up stuck to the end of his left straight arm. Oh well, just a slight aesthetic fix.

Excellent work to all involved!

Best answers
I just checked out the model, and i have to say, great work..
Sofar i've seen only a few people who could make a model like that even though the halflife engine limitations..
The fact that the mouth and face is animated is great too.. Even though you don't get too look at it very often it looks amazing when LSSJ Brolly comes falling out of the sky with that insane smile on his face, about to open a kingsize can o' whoopass.. :laff:
And even though he is much bigger than any original ESF model, simple melee still looks good..

In short i love the model and the pack, but i do have some crits..

-The hands sometimes look really mutated.. you can see this particularly well when he sticks it out to fire a BB.. Now i'm not asking for extremely high poly detailed hands, cuz i know that isn't possible in halflife, but the shape sometimes just isnt right.. they have dents and stuff in them on the sides.. ;/ Does this have anything to do with deforming and animations of the model? I'm neither an animator or a modeler so i don't know..

-The walking sound is really cool.. gives that movie kinda feeling, but when he walks the squeeky footsteps sound is never really synchronised with his actual footsteps..
Is there nothing that can be done about this, or is it just to much work compared to the result?

-The animation of him doing a generic beam/ball is cool too..
But you see the beam charging somewhere in his wrist.. o_O

-Though the sound when doing a simple melee hit is kinda cool.. it gets annoying after some time.. Cuz it play EVERY time.. Not that this is a bad thing but isn't it possible to add like 3 different sounds and have the game pick one at random each time..?
If it is possible it doesn't seem like TOO much work to me.. right? :scared:

-The animation for a simple melee hit looks a bit stiff.. it plays a bit too fast.. and if i am not mistaken, it is always the same one..
The dodging animations are a bit plain too.. looks good, but there is not much variety
What if some dodge animations of this model would be for example just him standing completely still and taking the blow without (or barely) moving.. or him crossing his arms in front of his chest/face.. I think things like that would really add to the feeling of this model..

The transformation is really cool with the hair waving and necklace floating, and him speaking and all,
but i thought that perhaps the green orb around him like in the movie could be added.. It would in my opinion add to the feeling of this model..
If it's permitted you could just use the orbs you see when Goku transforms for the first time, or the one frieza has around him but in green and more transparent..
If changing those files would (like with aura colors and such) change goku's or freeza's files too, you could just take the orb cell has around him when transing and color it green a bit..
Just a random idea though..

Most of the things mentioned here really that much of a problem, but i think that if they were improved in a possibly later updated version, this model would be even better than it already is..

-I also like the "New Vegeta" map.. it closely resembles parts of the brolly movie, and playing as him in this map only adds to the feeling..
However, playing in it doesn't really capture that movie feeling. I think that the map is too open.. it's a really big map, with different sorts of areas, wich stays interresting for a long time, but i would really have liked to see more areas to hide in, or large objects to make sure i can't always see (and shoot) from one side of this bigass map to the other..

In the movie, they practicaly got their face reconstructed by Brolly the entire time, and spent most of the time they didn't receive treatment hiding behind ruined building and boulders and stuff, just wondering what direction he'd be coming from next.. o_o
That really isn't possible in this map, wich would have been cool if you fight a couple of bots on your own.. or fight him with only a couple of bots on your side.. :fight:
ESF_City for example is a perfect map to do that in..

I also noticed some bugs in this pack.. I've seen multiple complaints about this, but i've never experienced the bugs mentioned before..

- The "Brolly" map won't load. When i try to create a server with that map, the program starts loading, only to return me to desktop halfway through..
It says it can't file some .wad file.. don't remember wich one right now, but i can look it up if ya want later..

- The sprites don't really show up.. My BB is green, but it somehow seems less spectacular than i remember it from that movie you showed uss a while back.. (could be just me..)
FF and other attacks haven't changed at all though.. Including the GG shine that is way too small for the LSSJ model.. o_O

- The aura is the same size when transformed into a LSSJ.. i vaguely recall something about that being fixed..
Am i wrong, or is this being fixed, or can't it be done without changing all SSJ arua's or something like that..?

If you'd perhaps improve these things, this model would be so good, the esf team would at least have to think about coding this maniac in after all.. If they were willing to accept a Tien created by the community, they cannot withouth pain in their very harts let this one go.. ;)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thanks for all the feedback guys, it's great to know you are enjoying this model and the hard work we put into it. We had alot of fun with it and now you guys can to. I'm gonna try to answer these questions... and yeah I read your novel so show some love.

Sentient said:
-The hands sometimes look really mutated..
Uhm.. Screenshot? Personally I havn't noticed any of this, so I don't know where you are coming from.

the squeeky footsteps sound is never really synchronised with his actual footsteps..
They are synced perfectly, you might be off because of the lag in the server. Just host one yourself and it works.

the sound when doing a simple melee hit is kinda cool.. it gets annoying after some time.. Cuz it play EVERY time..
It isn't possible for us to change it because everytime a certain animation plays, it also plays that sound. So we would need to have an actual coding alteration which we cannot do. He has different sounds for different types of melee hits, you just do front_hit for your majority so you don't notice. If it starts to really annoy you just delete it from his sound folder.

What if some dodge animations of this model would be for example just him standing completely still and taking the blow without (or barely) moving..
GG and I threw this idea around a bit, but in the end it wouldn't work too well because you would have trouble knowing when you hit and when you missed as melee sometimes goes really fast. Plus we wanted to have some variation, and having him just standing around just isn't very intresting.

The transformation is really cool with the hair waving and necklace floating, and him speaking and all,
but i thought that perhaps the green orb around him like in the movie could be added..
Those are all coding issues, we don't control those so it's impossible for us to change how a transformation looks.

- The aura is the same size when transformed into a LSSJ
Changing the aura size would make it a bigger aura for every single char, not just LSSJ. We didn't bother to include it in the pack, but it's an easy edit if you want to do it manually.

the esf team would at least have to think about coding this maniac in after all..
Thanks for your input but please read our original topic for more information on this. ^^

🌠 Staff
Best answers
-The animation of him doing a generic beam/ball is cool too..
But you see the beam charging somewhere in his wrist..
Thats a qc file mess up ><, i will try to fix this later on

- The "Brolly" map won't load. When i try to create a server with that map, the program starts loading, only to return me to desktop halfway through..
It says it can't file some .wad file.. don't remember wich one right now, but i can look it up if ya want later..

- The sprites don't really show up.. My BB is green, but it somehow seems less spectacular than i remember it from that movie you showed uss a while back.. (could be just me..)
FF and other attacks haven't changed at all though.. Including the GG shine that is way too small for the LSSJ model..
Well, i guess Cold Steel didnt send me the wad file with the map -_-, we are planning on fixing this problem, and the map as well a bit. so that will be all fine and dandy.

The only sprite we took in Was Big Bang, and it should be all the same as what i had gotten from king vegeta, you just only can really see the spectactularness from the side and when it is in a power struggle- due to it being slower in speed.

We will release a fix as well as have DJR update teh pack with the new stuff when we get that settled. Anyways, I believe kama has answered all other questions from you so ima go get some sleep now =p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom