Black Models (Tried Reverse Vertex, not workin)

Best answers
Alright folks, what the hell is goin on with the damn MilkShape of mine. I'm new in model design, but still got some common sense. I've read the tutorials on ESF-World and the one in this forum, but the damn Reverse Vertex Order just doesn't work, all it does is that it just changes to an opposite colour, but the black outline remains. And I cannot even see if I am even doing the model right because of it. Heres a snapshots:

WITHOUT Reverse Vertex Order:

WITH Reverse Vertex Order:

Now plllzzzz help. ;(

Best answers
i hope you know, that u have to click every single face and not the whole model

Best answers
Oh dam, your right. But is there any quicker way? Because some parts are black and some are white, and its takin forever to select the right one's

Best answers
Afraid not... I've experienced firsthand that you have to manually select every single vertex.

My advice is to immediately reverse a black vertex after you've created it. Saves you a lot of trouble afterwards.

Best answers
ok.. well guy to not get those black faces on the outside of the model.. you are suposed to poly by poly going counter clockwise to get the right gray.. and NOT the oposite way... or else the face will be black and invisible in game..

Best answers
If you want to select them in an easy way, you might try to look at the front view, check "Ignore backfaces" in the select-tab and now select the faces. Inverse those, then select all faces (uncheck the backface box) and inverse it at a whole.

b00m, most faces face front.

Only some more small tidying up needed.

:EDIT: Oh, and you should work in flatshaded mode to see precisely where what needs to be flipped.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
uhhh,

heres a better tip, select the entire model,

tools>unify
this will make every face in a group face the same direction

this will either
A) make every face turn the right direction
-or-
B) make every face turn the wrong direction

BUT the good thing is now that all of them (and not just some of them) are facing the wrong direction you can hit reverse vertex order to flip ALL of them back to how they should be,

Best answers
i used to get the same error when i was first trying to model, all u gotta do is make sure your select tool is on face, and then change the view to flat shaded so u can see the pur e black triangles and click on each one so its highlighted red and press crtl+shift+f then
crtl+m. it should work =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom