Beta 1.3 Outline Discussion Thread

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Chang Wufei said:
actually the guy has some point..some of the info updated is alot of useless info...sometimes its great..but others its just something that wouldve been better left unread by me....thats why i usually just look at the POTW first..and if that interests me in the slightest then ill read the news..usually that gives u better info on whats going on with alot less effort..so yeah..its pretty lame when u think about howmuch info theyre really holding..but meh..cant have it all...ive found its best to just get known in the community...if ur trusted enough..u will find its alot easyer to find out info about ESF 1.3 before its actually released....secrets are hard to keep and hardly kept in this small community ;)
If its something that you don't need to read....then here's a thought...DON'T READ IT! Not like anyone is forcing you to.

You're at the mercy of the staff. You can't do anything about what updates are given at what time. So rather than asking for everything the staff knows, how about you be patient until all is revealed?

Growler said:
While I agree with you on some of those points... You could have put that same message into softer words. :no: Obviously, well to me, you could drop the whole thing, but ok, lets say you did, you would probably lose alot of fans, and esf 1.3 is competing against alot of other mods now too... So unless you want to lose popularity, then don't say crap like that. I would think it would be a compliment to have kids whine about what they want in game, last I checked... that was a good sign.
I think they were soft enough words. And just because there aren't huge updates every week doesn't mean we're going to lose a lot of fans. The popularity is just fine.

And how is it a good thing for these new people to come on and whine about what they want in game? Its never a good thing to see many "OMG I WANTS BROLY IN ESF LOLZ PUT HIM IN NOW HAR!" or "LIEK LOLZ I WANTS THE GAME OUT SOONER HAHA YOU ALL SLOW!"

Yeah...thats far from being a good sign.

Best answers
ok logan..here we go...first of all..i already made it clear that i dont read the news unless the POTW interests me..so please dont put in your 2 cents when ive already made it clear of what i like/dont like and how i go about it...second..im not at the mercy of anyones feet..this is a discussion thread i posted my views/opinions...i didnt make a request.nor did i make a complaint...u should keep your comments to yourself when posting..and read clearly and thuroughly what the previous person posts before posting a reply..also u might wanna make sure u understand the post aswell...cuz its obvious u didnt understand mine..

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Chang Wufei said:
ok logan..here we go...first of all..i already made it clear that i dont read the news unless the POTW interests me..so please dont put in your 2 cents when ive already made it clear of what i like/dont like and how i go about it...second..im not at the mercy of anyones feet..this is a discussion thread i posted my views/opinions...i didnt make a request.nor did i make a complaint...u should keep your comments to yourself when posting..and read clearly and thuroughly what the previous person posts before posting a reply..also u might wanna make sure u understand the post aswell...cuz its obvious u didnt understand mine..
I can't help but find...oh....all of that to be just a bunch of hypocritical comments. kthxbai

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
DJ-Ready said:
you dont get it right?
also ESF is not about beeing better then any other games. ESF isnt in competition with any other game simply because there are none .. and games based on other engines does not count as competition for obvious reasons. we dont even care what theyre doing with their mods/games
ESF is a big learning experiance (sp?) for us and we do with it whatever pleases us.
its basically a really simple thing
Well that's cool, I hope the rest of your dev team feels the same way as you. I don't want this dev team to have the "I really could care less" attitude, as I really want a great dbz update, and ESF already owns. Obviously you're going to have little kids crying out for joy when they see this mod, cause that's how people are, and lashing out at them doesn't help too much. As I said before, I agreed with most of those points you said, but you added a little bite to the message...

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Logan289 said:
If its something that you don't need to read....then here's a thought...DON'T READ IT! Not like anyone is forcing you to.

You're at the mercy of the staff. You can't do anything about what updates are given at what time. So rather than asking for everything the staff knows, how about you be patient until all is revealed?

I think they were soft enough words. And just because there aren't huge updates every week doesn't mean we're going to lose a lot of fans. The popularity is just fine.

And how is it a good thing for these new people to come on and whine about what they want in game? Its never a good thing to see many "OMG I WANTS BROLY IN ESF LOLZ PUT HIM IN NOW HAR!" or "LIEK LOLZ I WANTS THE GAME OUT SOONER HAHA YOU ALL SLOW!"

Yeah...thats far from being a good sign.

i'll back that comment back up. If people want more news they should look on the forums a bit more or guests that view the site and so on should join the forums. And team members do find ideas that look good at time to time and talk about the suggestions they think are good and if they post that in a thread then you know what they are thinking or suggesting for delvelopment and how it could be balanced/implemented.

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
hah, thats not it.
its not like we dont care, we just dont care about whiners anymore since there are WAY too many.
We're always open for contructive critics and suggestions, we dont have a suggestions forum for no reason... and actually, there have been alot of suggestions that made it into esf in the past :p
If you have something to complain about AND you can argue with others about it, we're listening. But we dont listen to guys who're like "OMG U SUX coz there is no brolly in esf why dont u add him? i want him in!!!! kthnxbai"

@Chang Wufei: kthnxbai pwns :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Chang Wufei said:
omg he said kthnxbai hes pro now
yes indeed. Tremble before my pro-ness!

*He and DJ does the kthxbai chant/dance*

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
DJ-Ready said:
we just dont care about whiners anymore since there are WAY too many.
We know why this was quoted. Nothing to be said.

As for the updates...Why not just get force pit? If you REALLY wanted updates, you would probably be paying the 5$.

And what's the fun of numerous updates if you can't try it out? We already know what (most) of the things esf 1.3 is, and usually an update is submited, certain people get over exicted and will post something "OMG GUYS HURRY UP I CANT WAIT ANY LONGER!!". ESF is a great game, but you don't necessarily need to worry about prolonged updates and such.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Growler said:
Well that's cool, I hope the rest of your dev team feels the same way as you. I don't want this dev team to have the "I really could care less" attitude, as I really want a great dbz update, and ESF already owns. Obviously you're going to have little kids crying out for joy when they see this mod, cause that's how people are, and lashing out at them doesn't help too much. As I said before, I agreed with most of those points you said, but you added a little bite to the message...
Growler, i aint even part of the Dev Team, and most of you newcomers that have signed up here since September 2004 piss me off; youre all demanding kid that whine because they dont get their way; look at vlad_goten and his friend (Vegetto was it?) "I don't want this Dev Team to have the "I really couldnt care less" attitude" =/ you dont really see much posts from the Dev Team in the public sections of the forum do you? I wonder why that is :\

Best answers
How about stop whining about the release date and have a little faith in the esf-team... They've done an amazing job creating this mod so far and I don't see any reason why anyone should complain about any lack of information since it doesn't mean **** wether you know something or not. You'll see it when it's released...
Amen.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ness said:
Growler, i aint even part of the Dev Team, and most of you newcomers that have signed up here since September 2004 piss me off; youre all demanding kid that whine because they dont get their way; look at vlad_goten and his friend (Vegetto was it?) "I don't want this Dev Team to have the "I really couldnt care less" attitude" =/ you dont really see much posts from the Dev Team in the public sections of the forum do you? I wonder why that is :\
That is just stupid... Thats like picking a date that is just before the date I joined and generalizing everyone after it as being morons. And obviously you don't understand what I was writing, and It doesn't include you ANYWAY, CONSIDERING YOU AREN'T PART OF THE DEV TEAM. I was just saying that I don't feel DJ's response was appropriate just cause kids get excited about a game, I wasn't whining about release dates or anything, now shut up and sit down, son.

Anyway, this thread is about 1.3 discussion, not flame waring. PM me if you wanna flame me.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Watch it kids, keep the conversation civilized
I'd hate to see this thread being closed because you guys can't get along :(

Ness said:
Logan is probably right, 1.4; nothing much can be added, would be pointless to continue after 1.3. maybe a patch will be released or something for 1.4 rather than a whole new 200MB file or something
They have a outline going as far as 1.6 >_>

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Prozac said:
Watch it kids, keep the conversation civilized
I'd hate to see this thread being closed because you guys can't get along :(

They have a outline going as far as 1.6 >_>
.....eh? (10 characters)

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
lol i really started the eangean,engene,eugen, (or how does it say) of this topic

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
haha growler, i picked my words carefully :O besides i never called you a moron, that would be flaming, DJ's response was bang on; you guys arent the ones running the mod Growler, learn that and adjust

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well well well this is an awkward situation
Last time I checked I told you guys to be civilized
that means, be nice and don't break any forum rules
yet I see 3 spammy posts
I hope that with a warning you 3 will not ignore me or another moderator of this forum again

One warning each for Logan289, VeGeTTo and Ness

Best answers
OMG, that's some nice outline ^^. but if i'm ot too late, can i tell a suggestion?

here:

in ctdb mode when u collect all db's u get 4 options (Strength, Immortality, Friendship, Special). when u choose the "special" wish, every char gets his own wish. a list of wishes:

Gohan: becomes adult (permanent)
Goku: gains ryuken (permanent)
Vegeta: gains ultimate sacrifice (not sue bot this one)(perm)
Piccolo: gains "i die - db's die too" thingy(perm)
Trunks: reverse time - u get -5 deaths, ppl who killed u gain -5 frags split evenly(one use)
18: buddy 16(until 16 dies)
Frieza: much longer invulnerability(2 min, gains 1.5x damage from own atks)
Cell: tail absorb (gains some of the absorbed players PL, 10% maybe, permanent)
Buu: mega candy (dunno how the new candy atk will work, so if buu absorbes a guy and dies, then he looses his atk. but when he wishes for this - he can die, but the atk stays)
Ginyu: dunno lol
Krillin: dunno too

i know this is not the suggestions forum, but i saw ppl suggesting some thingys here, so i decided to join the suggesting fun too lol.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lord striker the suggestions are....hmm...
Immortality - o_O why? Immortality was excluded from the wishes originally for a purpose, try and think of a reason why =/

The specials:
Adult Gohan - Whats the need, when you can just replace models or something? It's illogical to ascend to a state 7 years in the future

Goku - hmm...

Vegeta - No.

Piccolo - fair enough lol

Trunks - for what? Score doesnt affect gameplay in any way unless it has some psychological effect on the way people play or something, like people's morale increases..

18 - fair enough

Frieza - i dont like any kind of invulnerability, it's lame.

Cell - fair enough, similar to Buu's candy attack

Buu - i dont understand o_O

well well well this is an awkward situation
Last time I checked I told you guys to be civilized
that means, be nice and don't break any forum rules
yet I see 3 spammy posts
I hope that with a warning you 3 will not ignore me or another moderator of this forum again

One warning each for Logan289, VeGeTTo and Ness
at what point did i become uncivilised, and at what point did you pre warn us for forum rules

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom