Beta 1.3 Outline Discussion Thread

Best answers
Twister said:
The rest of the community eventually gets to see whats in the force pit, just the force pitters get it first.
ohh btw.. u have noidea how long it usually take for tehh rest of us to know what's going on over there? :] i just happen to thing of that.. like when pcjoe released that 1.3 fx video. he sayed that it has been done for like month.. and by that. i figured that he posted it to tehh force pit like couble month before here to teh rest of the forum ppl?

Best answers
the first post here the " Beta 1.3 Outline Discussion Thread" was written in january the 24th. nearly 5 month has past.
I don't want to ask when it comes out I want to ask why do you show whats new in 1.3 when it isn't nearly finished or 50% finished?? I'm new but if I have to wait 5 month for an update I were very upset. I think when 1.3 is finished.. and everyone play it... it might be clever to show whats in 1.4 when its nearly finish.^^ and.... what would you say how many percent 1.3 is finished NOW?
only a Q you needn't to answer but i hope its over 80% ;)
so far..
so long...

((alle deutschen mal melden oder alle die deutsch sprechen können :D))

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Splitframe said:
the first post here the " Beta 1.3 Outline Discussion Thread" was written in january the 24th. nearly 5 month has past.
I don't want to ask when it comes out I want to ask why do you show whats new in 1.3 when it isn't nearly finished or 50% finished?? I'm new but if I have to wait 5 month for an update I were very upset. I think when 1.3 is finished.. and everyone play it... it might be clever to show whats in 1.4 when its nearly finish.^^ and.... what would you say how many percent 1.3 is finished NOW?
only a Q you needn't to answer but i hope its over 80% ;)
so far..
so long...

((alle deutschen mal melden oder alle die deutsch sprechen können :D))
can you say "outline"? :eek: thats all it is; it doesnt represent the status of the current ESF 1.3 Build, it just tells you guys what the team has decided to add/tweak/get rid of

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ness said:
can you say "outline"? :eek: thats all it is; it doesnt represent the status of the current ESF 1.3 Build, it just tells you guys what the team has decided to add/tweak/get rid of
And not even that is certain some things might not be in and some might be added -_-

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Logan is probably right, 1.4; nothing much can be added, would be pointless to continue after 1.3. maybe a patch will be released or something for 1.4 rather than a whole new 200MB file or something

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
i havea a few questions: why are you holding back information?,WHy the Force Pit exist, Why evrything that's new isn't shown?,Don't we have the right to see what's this all about?,Are we noobs not good enought?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
VeGeTTo said:
i havea a few questions: why are you holding back information?,WHy the Force Pit exist, Why evrything that's new isn't shown?,Don't we have the right to see what's this all about?,Are we noobs not good enought?
Nope. Not good enough at all. you must sit around and suffer like everyone else because no one likes the average ESF forum member.

No seriously....they're holding back info because they have no other info or they simply want to surprise you. Force Pit members are no different. They just get new info about a week before the whole ESF community does...and they get the open beta first (I think)

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
sure we're holding back information. alot of information to be precise.
and we're doing it with intention :p
Members with force pit access get to see way more then usual members simply because they dontated to us to help us run the servers and all. And even they don't get to see everything :p

Now what if we make absolutely everything of ESF public eh? Think about it ...
I.e. we say we'll implement a specific thing into 1.3 and everyone is like "OMG YAY THATS SO ****ING AWESOME!!11!!1 OMG OMG OMG" but later on we decide to not do it because its too much effort for such a minor thing or because we noticed that its not possible or whatever else. THEN everyone would constantly annoy us about it, whine about it, ***** about it, beg us about it, whatever about it.
And the crowd IS already annoying enough!

And why is that so?
Because most of you will never realize that this is a MOD and not a professional game project. We're doing this for fun in our FREE TIME and we dont get payed for doing it. Hell, we could even decide to simply drop the whole thing and just delete all new stuff and there is absolutely nothing you could do about it.
And a community thats just whining and complaining about everything is obviously NOT really helpfull and motivating.
Not that we care about certain individuals "demanding" things anyways :p

You know what would be fun guys, if we'd announce 1.3 is finished but we'd decide to wait with the release for a few months just to see you waiting ... haha
Realize how less your influence is

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah...what he said. Though my version was short and sweet.....

LOGAN > DJ!!!! *runs for dear life*

Best answers
Evil-DJ!! said:
if we'd announce 1.3 is finished but we'd decide to wait with the release for a few months just to see you waiting
U EVIL THING!!!!! rawr!! :p hope u guys dont do that T_T i would so pissed xD well hope not :p and hope that 1.3's progress is going good

Best answers
huh?? I want connect to a server that runns the map evm_kami_night
then i had to download maaaannnnyyyy mp3 files and then i have downloaded .mdl's
like ssj2gohan.mdl or ussjvegeta.mdl and when it finished my game crashed and i was back in windows.... I tryed again...the same.
here is the IP 81.169.149.225:27031
is that the patch ?? o_O
plz hlp^^

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Splitframe said:
huh?? I want connect to a server that runns the map evm_kami_night
then i had to download maaaannnnyyyy mp3 files and then i have downloaded .mdl's
like ssj2gohan.mdl or ussjvegeta.mdl and when it finished my game crashed and i was back in windows.... I tryed again...the same.
here is the IP 81.169.149.225:27031
is that the patch ?? o_O
plz hlp^^
Those are EVM files.

http://forum.esforces.com/showthread.php?t=37175

Best answers
Look DJ, I understand your reason to let people that helped you out see info first and I also understand why you'd keep things from the community that might not make it into the game. But updating the news with nearly useless information is just plain wrong. I don't want to know who the beta testers are I don't care. Even if I did thats what the team page is for. I care about the mod. I don't want to be waiting a month to find out which beta testers quit :(. Would you care if [insert your favort game's designers here] updated their page with which one of their testers quit? Look, this isn't a demand. Its just a request from a fan. Please add some stubstance to the updates. A month is way to long of wait for an update that reveals nothing.

I'm sorry if this post comes off as demanding or rude that isn't my intent. I just care about the mod is all.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Esf_Newbie said:
Look DJ, I understand your reason to let people that helped you out see info first and I also understand why you'd keep things from the community that might not make it into the game. But updating the news with nearly useless information is just plain wrong. I don't want to know who the beta testers are I don't care. Even if I did thats what the team page is for. I care about the mod. I don't want to be waiting a month to find out which beta testers quit :(. Would you care if [insert your favort game's designers here] updated their page with which one of their testers quit? Look, this isn't a demand. Its just a request from a fan. Please add some stubstance to the updates. A month is way to long of wait for an update that reveals nothing.

I'm sorry if this post comes off as demanding or rude that isn't my intent. I just care about the mod is all.
I hate to break it to you but no one is going to heed that request just because you don't like how often updates occur and what content is in them. If you don't like it, then oh well.

Best answers
actually the guy has some point..some of the info updated is alot of useless info...sometimes its great..but others its just something that wouldve been better left unread by me....thats why i usually just look at the POTW first..and if that interests me in the slightest then ill read the news..usually that gives u better info on whats going on with alot less effort..so yeah..its pretty lame when u think about howmuch info theyre really holding..but meh..cant have it all...ive found its best to just get known in the community...if ur trusted enough..u will find its alot easyer to find out info about ESF 1.3 before its actually released....secrets are hard to keep and hardly kept in this small community ;)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
DJ-Ready said:
sure we're holding back information. alot of information to be precise.
and we're doing it with intention :p
Members with force pit access get to see way more then usual members simply because they dontated to us to help us run the servers and all. And even they don't get to see everything :p

Now what if we make absolutely everything of ESF public eh? Think about it ...
I.e. we say we'll implement a specific thing into 1.3 and everyone is like "OMG YAY THATS SO ****ING AWESOME!!11!!1 OMG OMG OMG" but later on we decide to not do it because its too much effort for such a minor thing or because we noticed that its not possible or whatever else. THEN everyone would constantly annoy us about it, whine about it, ***** about it, beg us about it, whatever about it.
And the crowd IS already annoying enough!

And why is that so?
Because most of you will never realize that this is a MOD and not a professional game project. We're doing this for fun in our FREE TIME and we dont get payed for doing it. Hell, we could even decide to simply drop the whole thing and just delete all new stuff and there is absolutely nothing you could do about it.
And a community thats just whining and complaining about everything is obviously NOT really helpfull and motivating.
Not that we care about certain individuals "demanding" things anyways :p

You know what would be fun guys, if we'd announce 1.3 is finished but we'd decide to wait with the release for a few months just to see you waiting ... haha
Realize how less your influence is
While I agree with you on some of those points... You could have put that same message into softer words. :no: Obviously, well to me, you could drop the whole thing, but ok, lets say you did, you would probably lose alot of fans, and esf 1.3 is competing against alot of other mods now too... So unless you want to lose popularity, then don't say crap like that. I would think it would be a compliment to have kids whine about what they want in game, last I checked... that was a good sign.

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
you dont get it right?
me said:
also ESF is not about beeing better then any other games. ESF isnt in competition with any other game simply because there are none .. and games based on other engines does not count as competition for obvious reasons. we dont even care what theyre doing with their mods/games
ESF is a big learning experiance (sp?) for us and we do with it whatever pleases us.
its basically a really simple thing

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom