Arn't any pros still playing esf??

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Im Would Considor Myself A Skilled Player On ESF, But Then....LAG INFECTED MY INTERNET...Remember Me Barney's Soul? Hehehe

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ZTiMaStA said:
You're noone to consider anyone 'good'. Any idea why? Because you never were goodor a pro or anything even near that. In fact, I remember you hanging out with what, that UPC figure? Uh wow yeah, guess what, he wasn't good, either. Now, just because Lynx probably abused you when you were young and you had a horrible childhood, there's no need for badmouthing. We don't want history to repeat, do we? Do you know what's also funny? That all of a sudden, all the newbies from 1.1 rise in the version of 1.2 to claim their leetness. Speed was taken out. Fast-paced action was taken out. I'm not all too surprised that they call 1.1 an "easy" version with everyone having a "50 sensitivity". What you just said pretty much proved that your aiming sucked awfully in 1.1. There's nothing wrong with that. But, instead of saying you're good in 1.2 and only the 1.1 newbies stopped, just say you had a terrible time controlling the 1.1 movement and speed and we're all fine what it means, and just think about what you just posted. David, Uh, yeah, that's right, 1.1 was full of combos and such. You probably never played anyone 'good' in 1.1. You'd kill someone instantly with a chain combo, based on speed, accuracy and very exact timing. Let's see you find that in 1.2, eh? Also, before in 1.1, you had alot of demos on the forums of which people considered good fights. Seen any of them since 1.2 came out? I sure haven't. Any idea why? Uh yeah, because it's impossible. People would die laughing seeing 1.2 demos of 'good players', probably because it's slow as hell and not even hard to follow.
Are you familiar with the term 'beamwhoring'? Probably not. Ask your so-called friends what it means, and just think about what you just posted.

ummmm i sucked at 1.1 i found the game boring and didnt play it much. I just distictly remember always being beaten or seeing sum1 being beaten in a similar fashion. My point is, i didnt see people playing a game where both players had input, if 2 awesome players were fighting, it'd be who ever hit first, which imo, takes the fun outta the game.

im more familiar with stratergy, in 1.2 i didnt even notice the speed change, so sue me, it looks pretty much the same to me. I dont really care about demo's, and if u play sum1 like optional u'll see how a skilled player fights, using his brain. People are oh so quick to say oooh, its slower, but now there's no lockon, less room for error. You now how full control of swooping and can easily switch between attacks just like in dbz. I dunno, i dont wanna turn this into ANOTHER 1.1 vs 1.2 thread, but its just the whole pro in 1.1 was completely different minded, a pro in 1.2 is much harder to achieve (which is why i think people complain about 1.1 being better) there are a lot more to take into consideration, and different styled players now cause different problems for some people. If you were a pro in 1.1 respect to you, but being able to dominate in the same way on 1.2 is much harder.

and no, im not talking about beam whoreing, ive been playing this game long enough ><, sure they do the occasional beam, but they go around systematically taking people out with melee and make sure they have the higher powerlevel, so melee and beams become pretty much quick kills.

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
but only 2-4 servers are playable for me ... (goes to buy more german servers lol)
but anyways, its true that there are no "pros" like there was in 1.1 but there are quite alot modicore players like me so i still have fun playing... althoug i dont meet them very often in the servers :(

[EDIT] and just because you have like 100 frags doesnt mean you're a pro .. its always the rate that matters... 100 frags and 0 death's is good (if you're not laming !_!) but 100 frags and 90 death's is average

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
If you sucked at 1.1, don't bother complaining. You didn't know how leet people play. You didn't even know they existed. So, for one, you shouldn't be talking at all. Hitting someone first is the skill which is put into the game. It's what makes the game fun. You move and move, once you get hit, you're done for. Point, don't get hit.

Strategy? There's no strategy in 1.2. Like you said, you didn't even notice the speed, so stop talking. You know nothing about 1.1 You know nothing.

You don't know it's harder to achieve a pro status in 1.2 because you sucked in 1.1 and you know nothing about it. You just clarified that for me, and I thank you for doing so. However, you've talked enough today, and apparently you know nothing of 1.1. You found it boring probably because you got kicked allover because you never were the fast one to hit the adversary first. Right? My thoughts exactly.

Personal advice from Dr. Tim: "Be silent about what you don't know, but I'd much rather mute you, generally."

Best answers
actually becoming a pro in 1.2 is alot easyer then 1.1...think about it..speed was taken down..so people could have slower reaction times..along with the tele limit..so people didnt have to react as fast..so thats easyer..the HOWing/LSM is gone..which means people now arent afraid to do head on swoops like in 1.1..some people actually rely on it..in 1.1..if u did a head on swoop u were taking a chance..hoping u had more ki..(unless u were a hower<_<) but now..it doesnt even matter...now for the more ki drainage...ki drains alot faster now..which makes the offensive playing tactics alot harder..i notice alot of people just sitting back now and waiting for other players..because they wanna conserve their ki..in 1.1 u could be an offensive player and still have a somewhat decent ki management...now..its alot harder to be an offensive player...now..the slower hit back speed..this REALLY gets me...because people complained about all these combos in 1.1..that were hard to get out of..and such...guess what guys..if u tapped fly when being hit back..u would stop..and it would ruin their combo..now..it doesnt work..and anyone can EASILY swoop,hit,swoop,hit and get that extra hit on you..which i think is the stupidest thing ever..since it takes ALOT less skill then in 1.1..only time u could do that then was to use teleport not swoop..and even then it was ALOT harder..and u cant even get out of the double hit now..its rediculous...so lets say someone double hits u and then shoots 2 ki blobs when your flying back..that right there is about 50-60 hp..
and if u hit a wall? phft..forget it..so usually 4 hits and 4 ki blobs along with maybe wall dmg (depending who u are and who u are fighting) can finish off your opponent..before it was alot harder..due to the fact that if u did get hit..and hit the ground...solong u stayed still chances are noone would beam u..since they would have to retarget..but now.everyone does..which takes more hp..and makes fights go faster..being Pro in 1.2 is nothing to brag about..i mean sure its something u can say.."hey im the best in 1.2" props to you..but it was a MUCH better title in 1.1..since it took ALOT more skill..things were faster..people were harder to hit..and there were more strategies availible..sure now we have chain swooping..but whats the point if our ki drains so fast that we rarley use it since we dont want to take the risk of running out of ki..i rarley use chain swooping..not becuase i dont like it..but because the ki drainage is too much..and i rarley swoop first..not because im afraid..but because i knwo that if i swoop first..and the other guy swoops back and lures me..im in deep Shizzle..<_<...Blocking also seems easyer idk what it is about it..but it seems alot easyer and more effective now..before it was a last resort..now some people base their styles around it..<_<..so i dont take chances with ESF anymore..truth be told im prolly gonna leave it soon..maybe get into something more fast paced..i mean lets face it..i stayed with ESF cuz it was a faced paced game of skill that noone u had to work at to get goof at..if i wanted a noob friendly game..id go and play Spiderman 2 for the PC...not ESF..<_<

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ZTiMaStA said:
If you sucked at 1.1, don't bother complaining. You didn't know how leet people play. You didn't even know they existed. So, for one, you shouldn't be talking at all. Hitting someone first is the skill which is put into the game. It's what makes the game fun. You move and move, once you get hit, you're done for. Point, don't get hit.

Strategy? There's no strategy in 1.2. Like you said, you didn't even notice the speed, so stop talking. You know nothing about 1.1 You know nothing.

You don't know it's harder to achieve a pro status in 1.2 because you sucked in 1.1 and you know nothing about it. You just clarified that for me, and I thank you for doing so. However, you've talked enough today, and apparently you know nothing of 1.1. You found it boring probably because you got kicked allover because you never were the fast one to hit the adversary first. Right? My thoughts exactly.

Personal advice from Dr. Tim: "Be silent about what you don't know, but I'd much rather mute you, generally."

jeez ur certainly one for personal attacks, ur saying cuz i sucked at 1.1 i have no right talking about it? ah yeah right cuz now my opinion doesnt matter, i got news buddy, ive play a fair few computer games and stratergy games, jus cuz i didnt rock the world with my skills at 1.1 doesnt mean i dont have the ability and intellect to critise, i am unbias as to which i am better at, i simply state my opinion of which is more likely to breed more "pro" players, which comes down to, which contains more stratergy, which one captivates and compells skilled gamers to play, i use to play 1.1 hours on end, so quit bull****ting me that u know more about my life than i do, and let me have my own opinion like you have yours.

I played both games, 1.1 i got bored of far too quickly, had it a month and played almost every day, got bored and forgot about it. I know the kinda skill it involved, which was reactions and ki control, and of course the endless teleport spamming which really didnt make sense, as zanzoken isnt a move to be spammed in the dbz world. The pro players cud learn moves which gave the victim no opurtunities to have input into the fight, hence a pistol draw where if one person gets hit in a haze of mass teleports they're gonna die. To me thats bland, it means those people who may just have the damn missfortune to get hit first loose.

With 1.2 It was birth of stratergy and style imo, still havin the same funamentals between players, but allowing more freedom of movement, and a new melee, and the end of HOWing. True it slowed down slightly, but no lockon means u need slightly more accuracy, every1 forgets too how spread out the 1.1 fights were, it may have been a lil faster but the distance between u and the enemy was almost always wider than in 1.2, meaning imo, the fights are pretty much same paced (use knowlage of speed and distance to work that out, i cant be arsed to explain if ur that dim). Now ki blasts and generic beams have their uses and they are much better timed, simple melee has its uses and so does advanced melee, and if ur good with ur teleport and ki control u can almost never get hit jus like in 1.1. A pro in 1.2 must be fluent in all attacks, and must be well versed in being able to counter almost every move, unlike in 1.1 where to be a pro u must master melee, and all would fall before you (exaggeration before sum1 jumps at me with a knife).

sorry but every1 says how noobs can beat skilled players in 1.2 but every1 is too blind to see, pro players are harder to come by in 1.2, because, if u gave a bot the best settings it could get in 1.2 a noob cud never scratch it, the computer has the same controls as you or me wen its a bot, but its able to react to things in the correct way wen it wants to (depending on its settings), a skilled player does the same thing, they react to wats happening in the correct way and they will win. All this talk of people being so much skilled at 1.1 is utter crap imo, because 1.1 was very linear in its fighting, there were a lot more skilled players at 1.1 than 1.2, so which do u think is the easiest? i think its hard for sum people to work out that the reason every1 is so mediocre at 1.2 is because it involves a lot more strategy how u cope with peoples styles is more complicated that spinnin the mouse wheel, you need to plan ur attacks, while always being on ur toes.

And yes to be honest i did get my ass kicked in 1.1, thats cuz i sucked, but i know how the game worked and i know the stratergies involved, i just couldnt perform them, so sue me, i still have the right to point out how i think and its up to me how i state my opinion, any1 else thinks i dont have the right, :yes: royally screw it up ur arse.

Best answers
davidskiwan said:
To me thats bland, it means those people who may just have the damn missfortune to get hit first loose.
that wasnt always the case david combos were only used when that opportunity showed itself and the player had enough ki..if they didnt..chances are they wouldnt attempt due to the fact that they would run out of ki...mostm fights were usually done without combos not that there was a rule against it..but just the fact that they werent as availible as u would think...sure there are combos that would kill a person from fresh hp..but those take a full ki bar perfect timing andthe perfect hit..back in 1.1 u took the hit u could take..it wasnt people werent always planning on doing a combo from the start..because that was somewhat risky..so its wasnt always the case of u get hit first u loose..ur taking the combo thing waaaay too far..ive never seen a fight in 1.1 where they started out..someone did a combo from start and won..and i played 1.1 for a while..

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hybrid said:
Why aren't pros playing? Because you can't be a pro in 1.2... It's either your good or your bad, there is no pro anymore. Once you reach a certian point, your not going to get any better.

Whoever Said This Was Right said:
Plenty of good players are still playing. As a matter o fact, the only good players from 1.1 are still playing. The rest of'em just can't keep up with the ability to maneuver and dodge easier without the ability to telespam some cheap melee strike. It actually takes skill now to do a good melee fight, even advanced melee can get tricky at times.

It's funny, because I even told you, Draylock, that in the new version you wouldn't be nearly as good because all you did was telespam when you were losing. Funny how being a jerk can come back at you in a public forum. Oh sweet vengeance.

Getting back to the point, 1.2 is exactly the same as 1.1 except the combat actually takes strategy instead of... OMG I MOVED MY MOUSE UP AND DOWN FASTER THAN YOU! Instead of pointlessly aiming up and down, you have keys you can tap to do that. Not only that, but it's harder to run away now unless you use kiblast because you can't just super tele to the other side of the map and recharge before they know what's happening. I have to admit the double hit thing is kind of dumb, maybe just because of the stupid animation for it, but otherwise, the ability to leap off of walls or completely block melee strikes by having enough ki makes both offense and defense very important.

Unlike previous amazing feats of "I hold the guard button and the hitbox is so big I don't even have to try to block" matched with the conditioned counter attack, you actually HAVE to aim and follow the target. What it all comes down to is a fight that isn't nearly as predictable as it once was. Many good players from 1.1 that aren't willing to start from the bottom of the barrel just end up getting overly frustrated with this engine that can completely recreate a player's skill into something far greater that 1.1 could ever accomplish. What you have here is the ability to THINK rather than simply REACT.
um... Not to sound like an ass or anything, but did you just make all of that up? Almost none of it is true.
Yeah, actually, it's all true. Sorry dude, but it is.

On to my main point, though...what the hell, is like, everyone on this forum supposedly a master of this game? Tons of people are *****ing in this thread that they are so awesome at the game that they can't find any competition...why don't you all go into one server and play each other, and let the average people enjoy themselves elsewhere without it bothering any of you?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
geez timasta, what got into you? did something tick you?

dont go flaming for no reason just because you might be a pro in your mind.
heck you might even be a pro, still doesnt give you a reason to start bashing.

even i cant find players equal/better than myself these day´s. not that i´m that great at this game, but i can win most fights.

as for where all these players might have go, i think most of them kinda grew tired of the game, as the improvement of the game didnt gave enough satisfaction.

when reaching ssj or transformed status there isnt very much to look out for.
after that point the joy of the game starts drifting to a point where i hit quit and stop playing.

i think most of the players that have been playing this mod for some time know share this oppinion with me.

Best answers
Reptile said:
As for where all these players might have go, i think most of them kinda grew tired of the game, as the improvement of the game didnt gave enough satisfaction.
You're partially right there. There is always room for improvement, but with pressing arrows.... it's kinda restricted. You should be free when it comes to melee so you must create your own tactics and strategies but "owning" is still possible, only less than in 1.1 where you could easily get 150 frags without a death.

reptile said:
when reaching ssj or transformed status there isnt very much to look out for.
after that point the joy of the game starts drifting to a point where i hit quit and stop playing.

i think most of the players that have been playing this mod for some time know share this oppinion with me.
In the current 1.2, ki is pretty much everything. The more ki, the more you can use on fancy/confusing moves. When you have reached ssj, you've made it and well, it gets boring after a while because there is no "next level". Nothing to look forward too. I'm guessing 1.3 will fix that with the new transformations.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
David. mind if I just skip the slight 80% bull**** in your post and get right to the point? The point was you never really got a hold of 1.1 That is, you probably weren't able to master everything. Any leet would say that 1.1 was great. You know why? Because they were able to do the combos, the everything. Now, you were never able to to such things, which is why I took your right of speech. If you know only half of the game, don’t you even dare to critisize it. If I’d play Doom 3 for a minute I wouldn’t critisize it. Simply because I wouldn’t know **** about the game.

1.2 involves nothing but patience. Weee weee weeee advanced melee, oh, his turn, weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, my turn again. And BOOM! We We shatter apart. AWESOME! Strategy to the max! Not to ‘badmouth’ 1.2 or anything, but I’ve never heard something this rediculous.You have some serious issues going on. And I’m not impressed by large posts containing nothing but crap. Just be straight-to-the-point and you’re done.

Thanks in advance. And don’t bother replying, you’ll gain nothing. If you do, I’ll use my strategy-tactics on you. Beware.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think I'm going to make a tribute to this sort of thread in my sig.

Best answers
Timmy calm down before you get banned. Look at the threads title "Arn't any pros still playing esf?? " This is not a 1.1 vs 1.2 thread man. You have to let it go alot of us have. 1.1, and 1.2 are equally enjoyable. 1.1 has its flaws, and 1.2 has its flaws.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Well it's related to this. I just reply to people who feel the urge to run into a disucssion with me.
Saiyanpride .... lol
"To whomever thinks 1.2 melee is too easy, see me. I will change your life." --Halorin
*sigh* -_-

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's from the day after advanced melee was released; it's not related to this thread.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ZTiMaStA said:
Well it's related to this. I just reply to people who feel the urge to run into a disucssion with me.
Saiyanpride .... lol *sigh* -_-
It may be related to this, but the topic remains "Arn't any pros still playing esf??". If you mention that 1.2 turned you off, and you happen to be a "pro", so be it. Mention that, but the thread doesn't ask you to elaborate on why you feel 1.1 was better than 1.2. We've had enough of those threads, already. If you still want to post your opinion(s) on the contrast between those 2 versions, be my guest, so long as you do it in one of those threads, not in this one. You're pushing the envelope with some of your comments, so do be wary. If I find you personally attacking any people, you will be warned, and, believe me, it takes a lot less to get banned the second time.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Allright, lets get back on topic then. If their are anny pro's in 1.2 (which i doubt), feel free to pm me for a friendly match, i want to see what a "pro" means in 1.2.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
Best answers
Post content removed, user has now been banned by Deverz.

Back on topic, any further flaming of any sort by anyone will result in warnings being issued out by the forum staff.

-grOOvy

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom