And who says the char's moves is balanced??

Best answers
We can play the game or we won't be talking about moves in this forum Vertigo...well if frieza is lacking powerful beam attack...THEN CANCEL HIS FINGER LASER AND ADD A POWERFUL BEAM ATTACK!!!!

Best answers
the team obviously doesn't want him to have a very powerful beam attack or they would of given him one at the begining.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, listen guys...

The candy attack is not too bad. It's got an odd kind of lag to it on my machine anyway, which makes it really hard to get a guy in it steadily if he's moving. And the range is so short.

Honestly I'm not bad with Buu and I have to chase guys down for a good while with that thing. AND it eats ki like popcorn, so I have to constantly stop and recharge and usually get attacked for my troubles.

Besides that, I think it would be pretty funny if once you hit higher levels (SSJ2, etc.) you can do like Vegetto did, and get turned into candy but continue to melee. lol

The only thing in the kame that really is absurdly strong is the kamehameha wave. This is why I keep suggesting they have a "low level" version, and get the current version at SSJ, and have them both as separate attacks (so you can do a strong one at a much higher ki cost or longer charge, making it more fair). As it is, I was thinking about it, and the kame-whores in the corner of the map problem is a miserable issue because by default half life doesn't render things that are out of your vision. ESF tends to choke like a ******* with this on anyhow because the maps are so huge, but I mean...oftentimes literally, someone will be right in front of you but out of your HL visibility, and therefore the character will not even be rendered, and you don't see them at all.

Even if you do...dynamic lighting is not as obvious in this game. The basketball of bluish white light in Goku's hands as he charges a kamehameha wave is fairly inconsipicuous, unfortunately, unless you are really close enough to hear him charge it up (which in the case of corner beam spammers, you don't).

Personally, if the kame beam was a darker blue, and it charged up with the white beams of light in it's sprite (like in old DMZ's sprite), it would be easier to see from a distance.

I mean, that kame is HUGE, and he just...doesn't always do a huge one. There really should be two: a gallit gun-sized one, with similar charge and audio and animations as now, and then a BIG ONE, with the sound of Goku in Ep. 269 I think (when Kid Buu tries to bat it back and it incinerates his arms instead), and a much brighter sprite, with a much more ferocious drain on your ki.

At that point the kame spam would be a lot more under control.

As for the finger laser...I wouldn't mind it but when you are on the ground and helpless, it does somewhat guarantee a kill because of it's lack of charge time. Maybe a short range spriteless secondary fire where you just get caught in a stream of shots, like Piccolo did when Frieza was owning him sideways in the Frieza saga. It would do constant minor damage, have the range of Buu's candy attack, and have a big drain on ki. The main advantage of it could be that it leaves the enemy stunned for a melee (which means it would, at full charge, use enough ki so that all you had left was just above one swoop's worth--this would prevent it setting up the primary laser, which I think ought to be an instant kill with a loooooong charge time). If players' PL is very high, then the finger laser secondary I mentioned would have no stunning effects on them.

Ehh. Just running ideas off the top of my head. Anyone agree/disagree?

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
You mean kindof like the bid for powers freiza finger laser is like? It has a rapid machine-gun like thing, but is really short ranged and it drains ki, I like the idea alot, good suggestion. On Redsaiyan.net you can download a new kame sprite to make it darker and make the hand thing more obvious, it is what im using. I think having a weaker kame, and a bigass kame is a good idea for when you are ssj.

Best answers
Personally, I tend to side with Sonic (small surprise). And now for the meaningles figures: I'd say, ooo, reduce Buu's candy beam's and Piccolo's eye laser's damage by a third. Frieza's laser should do 15 damage per shot, but like Sonic says, no secondary fire. Primary fire would have a smaller cooltime instead (once every two seconds or so). Instead of a charge up time like other attacks, just make it fire about half a second after the player presses fire: there'd be a small glow, so the enemy would have a small window of opportunity to react. These moves shouldn't be the uber-killers they are at present, in my opinion: they should just be for harrassment.

As for balance - there are a few balanced characters in the game. Vegita is one: gallit gun is sensibly powered, and you leave yourself wide open with a ff due to ki costs. Trunks is also quite balanced: he may be inferior stat wise, but his early transformation lets him keep up with the crowd. Everyone else, though, is not. The kame is absurd at the moment. Sure, you can cut down opponents with the lasers, but at least they don't annihilate all life on the server with a single blast.

Defenestrator
Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
With the implementation of further transformations in the future, im sure more of these balancing issues will be addressed. In the meantime, never mind the quality, feel the width o_O

:devgrin:

Best answers
I don't even know why ppl call it candy attack?? in the epidsodes...of course buu turns ppl into chocolate and candies....(maybe some of u didn't see these episodes yet) but before buu is fighting Gotrunks in the time thingy...buu turned Chi Chi into an [EGG!!!!] I thing the name should change...as I think candy attack is kinda "child like" lol

Best answers
That's because it's a child like attack, really. Except for after the absorbtions, Buu acts just like a nutty kid.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just to bump in here for a second, just so that you know: The size of the explosion created by the kamehameha and Final Flash (among other beams) is primarily determined by a comparison of your own power level to the average of the rest of the server. Goku can transform more quickly than many characters in the game, and as he is a saiyan his Power Level boost is higher than many of the characters as well. This all leads up to a bigger kamehameha for most of the game than it actually would be later on. It's still too big, but not that much bigger than it should be.

Best answers
While I understand that, I really do believe that there should be a maximum size for each of the explosions, however. If there's only one Gohan and no Buus on a server, for example, ssj plus turbo equals the apocalypse for all lifeforms on the server (it's not quite as bad on DM, since you can gang up on him, but still dreadful).

The maximum size could increase from transformation level to level. So a normal Goku gets a fair sized kame, ssj Goku gets a bigger one, ssj2 Goku gets an even bigger max size and so on.

While Vegeta's gallit gun does become much larger when you go ssj, it doesn't result in the end of the world. The kame should (ideally) be more like the GG.

Best answers
I just hope that it gets mor balance in 1.1 or later versions...for now I can get around the candy attach easily...but pic and frieza's laser attack...especially frieza's....I just can't counter it...too powerful for me

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Vertigo hasnt posted anything in a while, dont spam with flame, makes YOU seem like a retard

Best answers
lol...thatdamngood is damn funny...
ya anyways plz stick to the topic....
(I'll make a dising forum if u guys keep dising ppl...lol...jk)

Best answers
too bad there aren't any eh mr. mysticssjgoku?? if u say that, then that means u are an expert in Esf...tell me one thing...how do u get around plus counter the finger laser of frieza's effectively??

Best answers
well since it takes half their power you should only have to teleport twice and be safe....maybe you could charge a kamehameha wave attack and teleport when they shoot then after the two shots let go of the beam and they have to ki to block either

Best answers
but before u go ssj goku...how do u get around that then...or u just get own by it until u can go ssj...LOL!!!!!

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Well just get hit then hit him, its easy to see where it came from, melee him and beat the stuffing out of him. That is what I do, and I never die due to finger laser, and if I do die due to other people hitting me afterwards, it just makes me stronger. So just kill the idiot. Its not that overpowered and stuff unless you are meleed to the ground and cant get up, and if you do get knocked onto the ground, you deserve to die.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom