An Idea (Achievement Addon for all HL Games)

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ok, so I have been thinking about it and I was wondering about this.

Say I wanted to make an Achievement plugin that would work on All Half-life Games. But each game would have its own set of achievements.

Say I play Counter-Strike
-5 Headshots in a Row
-2 Knives to the Back
-1000 Total Headshots

Then Earth's Special Forces
-10 Kills without dying
-Spirit Bomb kills 3+ people.

Stuff like that.

But I need some help. Im not much of a Coder but I was looking into something like this. I need some Ideas also. I am thinking that I could buy a Website and make the Plugin connect to the Website and your Achievements will be held their by your SteamID. I am thinking it may have to connect to mySQL too.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I actually, really, really like this idea.

Maybe there won't even need to be a plugin for it.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What I was thinking was that the Plugin would be that which connected The site to the Servers. It could be one Plugin on Multiple servers that leads to one site.

But It would be a rough thing to work on. It would be a rough project to pull off but I am sure if we get people to work on it, it would come through.

Back from the shadows
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
It might work for 1.2.3. But last I heard Greenberet said something about 1.3 being somewhat incompatible with AMXX stuff.

So yeah, it might as well just be a built-in feature.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Possible. Problem is, Achievements can create Achievement whores.

I like them regardless, though. I can see it being put in, kinda like Dystopia's tracker.(Before the addition of Steamworks.)

I think it should only work with the base ESF 1.2.3 / 1.3, and not with in the additions of any mods.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
After being in this community I now know nothing is impossible.

But If we could get this done, It could maybe even expand past just HL1 games to HL2 games and even Battlefield and games like that.

Well It could work for ECX as well, but It may cause a bit of Disadvantage due to some of the attacks are more useful in damaging then others.

Its all going to come down to a vote. Because of Warcraft 3 Mod for CS 1.6 would cause a major problem, so It might be a better choice to go with not useable with mods like that.

Best answers
deathshot you will need a lot of help to be completly compatible with ecx rc2

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It would probably be wiser to suggest this at the Steam forum. Have Valve implent this directly into Steam and the Half Life/2 SDK. That way every modmaker would have access to it, it would work together with the entire Steam platform, and you would be able to brag about it on your super cool Steam signature.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not really. It would be the same as having it work for normal ESF.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Make it compatible with both ESF & ECX. Like if using NSIS (Nullsoft Install System), you can check the folders or files and install the stuff in different way if needed. It's possible to change client's user.scr (or settings.src, can't remember), so you could check the achievments in that sweet GUI (or w/e it's called), just like options, etc. Though I'm not sure if you could update that.

It's easy to think of a new achievments:
  • Get a Life: Gather 500 kills in 20 different days (0/20);
  • No Mercy: Blow 1000 opponents while they can't move (0/1000);
  • Combo King: Make 3 combos in a single line 100 times (0/100);
  • Assassin: Betray the teammate by quickly changing the team and killing him (0/25);
Though I'm not sure if every one those can be hooked by AMXX.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hmm. It would be something to look into it.

Best answers
It isn't hard to make something like this yourself, or you take one of the sound(Multikill,etc) plugins, and remove the sound part :)

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
dutchmeat[nl];937957 said:
It isn't hard to make something like this yourself, or you take one of the sound(Multikill,etc) plugins, and remove the sound part :)
I mean, making it show up on a Website and maybe show it at the top of your game as well.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I remember the stats system on esf world, haha, was cool

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I remember the stats system on esf world, haha, was cool
Indeed it was. Maybe get an ESF 1.3 server up and have that put up on the ESF Site itself.

Best answers
Just a sidenote, you can proberly have stats on your own website using VSP Stats,
http://www.scivox.net/vsp/

The webapplication does need access to your esf logfile.

But if you are sure no one has build this before, I could make something, if someone unbans my other account.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom