2012 - Will it happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I only hope it involves cakes, muffins, cookies and a great deal of super-powers given to people like me, who don't really deserve them but wouldn't mind them anyway.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Alright guys, it has been requested twice now that we drag this back on topic, so let's knock it off. Make another thread if you want to fool around.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Keep referring to it as "sexz0r" and I highly doubt it's going to happen in any timespan.
Haha, I enjoyed that. I also shake my head when people on the internet must refer to "real life" in an acronym.

But yeah I heard/read that the Mayan calendar just "stops" around 2012 or that a new age was just beginning. Personally, I think the "end of the world" interpretation is just another dramatization, which society seems to love to do. But I admit, part of me thinks something may happen around that time. Good or bad, small or large scaled, just something.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I read somewhere that our solar system is leaving the influence of the milky way in 2012 (because we aren't part of the milky way),
and that the Mayan Calendar ends at this year because they calculated it with the help from stars of the milky way.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
So people like you wouldn't spam our nice forum.

Oh and 2012 - not happening. Maybe a few suicides here and there or God descending and killing us all, nothing much, just the usual end of a cycle.
like i said before give me ten grands i'll make it happan.

when i turn everyone in this forum become homo and this forum become homo forum, the world ends.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yet hellrider continues to spam. Also, Zeo, that's quite an interesting read. Things may happen, but I don't think it means the extinction of the human race.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hellrider, I generally ignore your posts because I never know what the hell you're talking about, but what you just said is ______. I won't say what your post is because it isn't nice. Just know that it's ______. Even if everyone on the planet were homosexual, that wouldn't stop us from being able to procreate with the appropriate sex, which we'd do in order for the race to, you know, not die.

Best answers
Personally, I think the "end of the world" interpretation is just another dramatization, which society seems to love to do.
The typical fear of the unknown, and therefore, the jumping to invalid/unlikely conclusions. Wouldn't surprise me, it's the one mistake no one ever seems to learn from.

Anyhow, if there is going to be a major change, my speculation is that the environment is just gonna go to hell with all the damages it suffered... and it's just gonna get worse with all the damn politicians/burocrats too busy protecting their own pockets, thus, ironically, destroying not just other, but also their own lives. But yeah, the entire humanity is to blame for that one. Nothing is infinite, not even the universe, that's something no one seems to understand so far. Therefore, we don't have infinite trees to give us oxygen or whatever and just go all "Meh...". Actions must be taken! I mean I'm almost positive that the environment is just gonna die out eventually.

Again, I'm just speculating, but the current status of the Earth's atmosphere is not something to be proud of either.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think you're underestimating the Earth's ability to recover from any damage we do to it and overestimating the power we have over the planet.

Best answers
The earth has the abillity to restore, true (I forgot to mention that), but some of those restorations mean catastrophies. And all that oil being burned down in Iraq isn't something to underestimate either. Last time on CNN I heard that twenty-five THOUSAND oil barrels were dumped in the northern sea (again, in Iraq). Contamination is no joke man.

But yeah, we're getting a bit off-topic.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Those restorations are really only catastrophic for humans though. Yes, animals would be wiped out but their populations would eventually climb back to their original levels. It's different for us because we're not only weary of the loss of human life, but of our civilization. If all our cities are underwater, what's the point? Start over? Again? All of that oil being dumped into the sea isn't something to sneeze at, but it isn't something that will affect the environment for a thousand years unless it's being dumped daily, and we're around and doing exactly what we're doing now in a thousand years.

Personally, I believe while we do have a negative effect on our environment, it's our ego that makes us believe we're actually destroying the planet itself. We just don't have that kind of power yet.

Best answers
Of course we don't, but there are animal and plant species that keep getting extinct, the temperature that keeps changing drastically, glaciars that are slowly melting... we're not destroying it, but we are changing it for the worse.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
We'll all miss the furries and the plants, but we're not actually damaging the planet itself. Given time, either new species will emerge or the species we believed to be extinct will reemerge, as they have sometimes done in the past.

If we were to actually kill the environment though, we'd virtually be committing suicide, since we'd have nothing left to exploit. Unless we plan on mining meteors for fresh water and food or something. On the off chance that we manage to completely kill the Earth, we'd probably have saved enough animal and plant life to send to another hospitable area, be it Mars, a Moon base or a space station. We'd, in effect, be creating what we had just destroyed. That just goes to show you that as far as life is concerned, nothing will stop it from existing, in one form or another.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Men In Black III!?
I am Legend.
-

In 2012 aliens will offer us cures to all the unique diseases they've been abducting us to study.

I say we accept our posthuman liberators.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
I am Legend.
-

In 2012 aliens will offer us cures to all the unique diseases they've been abducting us to study.

you dont mean we'll all gonna be capture by alien and test and lab-rat in 2012 after they conquer the planet??

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I am Legend.
-

But before doing so, they'll probe each and every one of us, over and over again >_>

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just throwing this out there, apparently the entire world is going to end on my 22nd birthday.

That means I'll be 21 for a whole year before it ends. Perfectly legal to do everything.

Drugs, here I COME!

--

Yeah, I don't particularly believe anything supernatural is going to happen, but what I do know is some maniac right now is plotting to nuke or bomb something on that day, just because it's significantly known.

Thought?

Lord of Chaos
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I've heard something about the Pom's devising some kind of machine which splits atoms or something, rumor has it that will backfire in some obscure way causing a black hole which will inevitably suck the world inside out. Or something similarly pleasant.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've heard something about the Pom's devising some kind of machine which splits atoms or something, rumor has it that will backfire in some obscure way causing a black hole which will inevitably suck the world inside out. Or something similarly pleasant.
so far as i know, they have already done that, it was on some e-news thingy i read years ago, i think before i was even registered here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom