✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
dont make boots totaly dark Kreshi
but I think u already thought of that
so keep it up.And fix the damn stomach muscles
they need 2 b "bigger"

Best answers
kreshi, one good model you got there, keep up the good job. but the scar is a bit too short from what i remember of tien, fix that please.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kreshi, show me a ms3d pic, no extra lighting or anything, I want to see how it would look ingame, that should be what really counts in this competition.

Best answers
dendza said:
dont make boots totaly dark Kreshi
but I think u already thought of that
so keep it up.And fix the damn stomach muscles
they need 2 b "bigger"
i will fix his stomach muscels, but you should know, the skin isn´t done!
His boots aren´t skinned, only coloured, and his pants aren´t skinned too, and his arms aren´t also finished. :smile:

assaf: hmmmm i think the sice is OK... i will compare it later with another pic... if it´s really too short, i will fix it :smile:

CJ: It won´t look like in ms3d ingame!
BTW, the model don´t have any extra lighting... it´s only a standard 3dsmax render.
I will show you a INGAME pic later, after i am done with the skin :smile:
--> this can maybe take some days ;/

Bolteh2

B
i just think everyone should take a screen from milkshape 3d, with the shading off (emmisive -> white (or whatever its called))

no fancy renders (specially not with skin)

Best answers
Bolteh said:
i just think everyone should take a screen from milkshape 3d, with the shading off (emmisive -> white (or whatever its called))

no fancy renders (specially not with skin)

If you change Emissive to white, you will get a 100% skinned model...
But ingame you will get SHADOWS!
A 100% skinned model look completly different that it would ingame!
If you change Emissive to BLACK you would get a shading how it would look ingame...
But in my ms3d everything is darker than ingame... but why? o_O
I can sure change the Emissive/Diffuse/Ambient/Specular to get a "normal" shading, but it will never be the original NORMAL ms3d shading/rendering ^_^.

BTW, only 4 "Teams" have starting skinning right now...
Me, Eclipse, Super Vegetto and the "3-guys Tag Team"

Best answers
fix the tanline on the back of his head Kreshi ^_^ . and Spydeys.. looks a lil blocky on the part of his shirt just above his belt

Bolteh2

B
Kreshi said:
If you change Emissive to white, you will get a 100% skinned model...
But ingame you will get SHADOWS!
A 100% skinned model look completly different that it would ingame!
If you change Emissive to BLACK you would get a shading how it would look ingame...
But in my ms3d everything is darker than ingame... but why? o_O
I can sure change the Emissive/Diffuse/Ambient/Specular to get a "normal" shading, but it will never be the original NORMAL ms3d shading/rendering ^_^.

BTW, only 4 "Teams" have starting skinning right now...
Me, Eclipse, Super Vegetto and the "3-guys Tag Team"
other idea then:
compile the model into a .mdl file with only 1 animation (the idle)

and take screen of the model in hlmv =)

ps: that black part is wrong.... hl renders the shadows with a softish grey...

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well, kreshi's looks ok, just the abbs and the bottom of tiens head looks a little dark, srydeys looks ok, but his skin looks like it's got burning scars, and his eyes arent big enough, anyways, i made a ref for sum1, u can use it as they arent entering now, its not great, but if any body wants one here u go:

Best answers
davidskiwan: VERY VERY WELL drawed! The good thing is, that my model have almost exactly the same proportions :D (besides of the belt^_^)

bolteh: Good idea :yes:

I will make a pic later, no time anymore today ^_^

arucard89: what do you mean? What´s a tanline? o_O

Best answers
lol.. its the light/out-of-color line going straight down the center of the back of his head.. maybe its the light but it seems a lil 2 straight 2 be that

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sorrow said:
I am not feeling offended at all . It's just that your suckups sicken me .
Right, because you don't feel offended you just decided to tell me i am sickening you. Thanks a lot buddy, i'll remember this.

As for your skin, it's useless. Look at the other esf models.

Best answers
Yeah, I mean, honestly Sorrow. Does it fit in with the style of the other models/skins? This mod's style isn't about realism. You've got to try and fit in with the rest of the characters styles. If they put that in they'd have to redo all the other models, or they'd just end up replacing that one after a few months.

Your head is a bit out of shape, and the face skin is just child-like.Plus, your tone is too dirty. He should look well-defined, not like he needs to take a bath.

Speaking of child-like, what's up with saying Cold Steel 'sickens' you? Come on, he said NeD was good, I don't think that qualifies as sucking up. It's called 'telling the truth'.

Best answers
Scruffie said:
Yeah, I mean, honestly Sorrow. Does it fit in with the style of the other models/skins? This mod's style isn't about realism. You've got to try and fit in with the rest of the characters styles. If they put that in they'd have to redo all the other models, or they'd just end up replacing that one after a few months.

Your head is a bit out of shape, and the face skin is just child-like.Plus, your tone is too dirty. He should look well-defined, not like he needs to take a bath.

Speaking of child-like, what's up with saying Cold Steel 'sickens' you? Come on, he said NeD was good, I don't think that qualifies as sucking up. It's called 'telling the truth'.
Ok, let me rephrase myself . It's good enought saying that someone is good , but honestly read his posts about Ned . Thats not quite pointing towards "you are good Ned". Don't missunderstand me , I have nothing against Ned , I've barely even spoken to him . But the part that really does sicken me is the part he is saying it on , which can also point towards other member . Like there is no other person here ,only Ned is important , but I don't really care if thats the way he sees it , not my problem . This is unfair towards Ned as well, I am taking him up in this post for no reason at all , who knows how he is reacting reading this . There are lines between saying someone is good and trying to become someones left buttcheek . As for the model, please tell me where this competition says "ESF STYLE TIEN" ? There are alot of different skins in the esf mod itself , not many are made the same style . This is a cometition where everyone makes a Tien model and the fans/team decides which one is the best . The style you use is all up to yourself mostly . So right about what you and 200 other people told me over msn or the pms is really bull**** . I am not saying that skin is flawless , god no , there are alot of bad things on it , but it still deserves to be a part of this after the hard work . Either that then *****ing me about how not esf styled it is . For me it was a fun experience and I also learned a few new things from Spydeys .

Best answers
Hmm... fair enough, I see where you're coming from. I figure we should drop the NeD issue anyway, it's just gonna derail this thread (not saying that as a mod or anything, since, y'know, I'm not one, it's just I don't wanna go getting warned... :p).

And I suppose it isn't in the rules that it needs to be ESF style, but still, you should be asking youself "If my model/skin was in this mod, would it look right?". Because ultimatley, if you want to get your model/skin in, or voted for in the end, that's what you should be trying to do, to make it 'Esf Quality' (and that IS in the rules/guidelines :p).

My crits I guess are really just go for another style. The realism thing really just does not work when it comes to ESF.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dave, I love you. Im gonna make a new tien using that ref. Praise you ^_^

I wonder what im gonna model after tien..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom